Andylax38's 9 Lob Bursting/Barraging Guide

andylax38

This may have been asked all ready, but, is it worth it to bring a water staff now that all combat spells can been auto cast. I see that Water Runes don't really cost that much and the 20% from an Ancients Staff can be beneficial; which would you prefer?

With the new update, causing the potion to stack with the extra damage, I would bring your master wand in stead of water staff. You get 10 more magic bonus and you have a max hit about 4 hits higher. I wouldn't go there before you have 85-86 herblore now and can make those pots (with stew). 40% faster kills, and 40% more damage is insane. I just bought 25k barrages, just incase I get too impatient with slayer and waterfiends (already 99 mage). 250+ crimsons an hour seems possible now.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I have to agree with Bedman the new update makes master wand your best bet. Also with the herb update and the fact that with an sgs you can get through 3k+ casts using barely any prayer the setup will change dramatically. I'll work on getting a new one posted on the guide.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Void mace, ancient staff or master wand, which would you use?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Master Wand > Ancients Staff > Void Mace

Master wand is only +5 magic better then Ancients staff so if the price is a factor go with that.

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

But what about the prayer bonus of the void mace, would that not but it above the other 2?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Master wand is only +5 magic better then Ancients staff so if the price is a factor go with that.

Teacher's wand would be better than ancient staff because it doesn't have a negative prayer bonus, right?

Can someone answer my question please?

After you lure them do they keep re-spawning in the same spot as you killed them, or do you have to keep re-luring them?

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

Teacher's wand would be better than ancient staff because it doesn't have a negative prayer bonus, right?

Can someone answer my question please?

After you lure them do they keep re-spawning in the same spot as you killed them, or do you have to keep re-luring them?

Teachers lacks the 10% bonus I believe.

They spawn in the same location every time, this means you have to relure them. If they spawned in the lure location then the amount of mage exp and summoning exp would be extremely high. With rock lobsters about half the time if luring.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

How many crims would I get:

a. Barraging 2.5m mage exp

b. Bursting 2.5m mage exp

please help ;)

a.

267.4 Crimsons/1k Casts

Average Mage Experience Per 1k Casts = 181,887.4 exp

2500000/(181887.4/267.4)=3675.4

b.

Average Crimsons per 1k casts = 711/2.1 = 338.6 Crimsons/1k Casts

Average Mage Experience Per 1k Casts = 240260.95 exp

2500000/(240260/338.6)=3523.3

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just keep a balance of prayer and magic. As long as you are above 75 magic, it doesn't matter if you are 80 or 120. Don't use void though, not as useful as you would hope.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I went to the lobs for the first time in a while about a week ago, using mage pots and a master wand. I got the same average charms per hour as before magic started getting damage boosters... surprising, so I guess I'll go back to using my trusty water staff to save money

77yLQy8.png

Generally people think that Void mage sucks compared to ahrims but the fact is also that hardly no one has tested and compared difference between them.

Its strange the CC I use for bursting (burstinglobs) always says ahrims is about on par with void mage.

However I tested it out and I always had 1 or 2 left after the main mass of the died far more with void as well as the kill time being slightly longer.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I was wondering if anyone had tried using a wolpertinger when barraging :o

I plan to get 96 summoning (currently 92) via barraging and I already bursted to 99 mage so I know the technique.

Wolper scrolls act like extreme mage but does it fails your lures? I'd need info on how to use it please if anyone could provide it.

Etp <3:

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

I was wondering if anyone had tried using a wolpertinger when barraging :o

I plan to get 96 summoning (currently 92) via barraging and I already bursted to 99 mage so I know the technique.

Wolper scrolls act like extreme mage but does it fails your lures? I'd need info on how to use it please if anyone could provide it.

Etp <3:

It maybe messes up 1/4th of your lures but that's usually pretty easy to fix. The stackable scrolls are really nice and it's definitely worth using over extreme mage pots.

Edit - You can make it not mess up your lures by having it attack a melee dagg, doing that at the moment.

2dvjurb.png

Does deflect melee curse work the same, better or worse than protect melee prayer?

Since the deflect animation stops you from running for a sec, it would probably be worth it to turn off curses just to be able to use normal melee pray. I'd say luring would get a bit harder not being able to run properly.

2dvjurb.png

Is it good to use 10% or 15% mage prayer while you burst/barrage, or what about leech magic?

Still wondering this, also wondering how many magic potions to bring vs prayer pots, assuming 80 magic and 80 prayer. And what to let magic to fall to before using another dose.

So just confirming how much more % crimson with wealth?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

So just confirming how much more % crimson with wealth?

There is none, charms are not considered rare drops and therefore wealth has no effect on them.