Runescape 4 years from today.

Toad

Remember the days of being excited seeing a r2h, or dragon battle axe being the best there was, where mithril was the best, or when slayer was released and whips were amazing, yet today you see a whip a level 70 is wielding it, a dragon med is frowned up, 5 years ago you saw a med drop and you thought lucky, or a left half, now you see a dragon med and you laugh at it, the days of a med drop and you wanted to see it in trade.

Now you see dragon chain and dragon legs, i remember the kq getting released and thinking i have to get a chain, and kbd getting released and uncerting my lobs like crazy,yet now you think get some bandos, maybe even some barrows, so can you imagine runescape 4 years from today?

Imagine this, level 90s going around with Armadyl Godswords, Sara Godswords, Full Bandos and Armadyl, and you laugh you think wow.. what is he thinking buying that junk... and you will be saying to him wow your taking 30 seconds to kill that demon?

I've seen players return that havent played in years and they train with dragon battles which is shocking but its weird how the game progresses overtime i havent taken many breaks so how do you think the new items being released will change the game.. the main thing that killed off rune weapons was spec bars which was released in 2004 i remember hitting my first 30 with that and thinking wow!

Such as magic shortbow was so good to train with, but now you think get a crossbow, pssh spec with a darkbow.

Remember the days of trawler being the only minigame i remember stumbling upon it and seeing ladydejavu and a jagex moderator doing the minigame so i did it and got a turtle i was in awe.. now theres minigames coming from nowhere theres something like 20 minigames now

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Level 90's with Godswords!? Yay, my time has come. :D

RuneScape is evolving, so are the players.

I hit my first 28 the other a day & a guy called me a noob. -.-

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I don't think the difference will be that great as most people are closed to max combat now. A lot more people are a higher level than when compared with all those years ago.

The only way the game would have a huge change is if Jagex increased the level cap, which I don't think will happen.

Hmm....4 years from today, everybody will be whining that mage is overpowered :wall:

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

I see uber overpowerd weapons happening. I also see the price of the big weapons dropping big time. I see a Guthix Godsword that uses 20% of the spec bar, and has all of the GS special effects. Rigged weapons pl0x kthxbai :lol:

No really in four years, I am guessing 4-5 new skills by 2012 (if RS is still even around), so...idk. Jagex will run out of ideas soon enough imo.

3772841190_eba9dc52b2.jpg

I see uber overpowerd weapons happening. I also see the price of the big weapons dropping big time. I see a Guthix Godsword that uses 20% of the spec bar, and has all of the GS special effects. Rigged weapons pl0x kthxbai :lol:

No really in four years, I am guessing 4-5 new skills by 2012 (if RS is still even around), so...idk. Jagex will run out of ideas soon enough imo.

mechscape ze nerf of rs :P they wont run out, aslong as their are paying customers they can steal ideas from other games and films :P

THE BEACONS OF PATARDOMAS ARE LIT gandalf, i mean the umm odd old man

That's why I take screenshot. To see what I was using, my stats, etc. They will have to stop realeasing new weapon/armor some day :wall:

Doubt that ever happens if it does rs will fail quickly. If it makes it 4 more years I will be quite impressed tbh. And if it does I think it will go as you have thought it will, weapons will become more powerful, but I think it will happen at a slower rate. I can't see anything topping the GS being released any time soon. Also I think the level cap would have to change by then. They seem to be catering to their higher players a bit more now and like mentioned before more and more are reaching that cap now. Though I don't want to see it upped I'm still not even close to the cap. :lol:

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

Well, people 4 years ago couldn't imagine the weapons we would have now, as we can't imagine what will be released 4 years from today. There are still alot of posibilities (Dragon warhammer? Maybe that WILL be a good weapon?, also Dragon pickaxe, or even the crystal halbeard or crystal full set)

16185_s.gif

Level 90s with godswords? I'm seeing those already. But yeah, the game is going to keep changing, and my spinach roll collection will undoubtedly be laughed at even more. On the up side, maybe I'll be able to actually afford a godsword.. :lol: I honestly won't be surprised when I wake up one day to see a weapon that can do 99 damage to a player with 99 def, protect from melee and a super def pot.. And I will only be mildly surprised if it is called the 'ubersword'.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I do miss my first months, back in 2004. Now everything is so rushed, so economically focused. Alot has changed. I was shocked when my friend said "sell your 80k irons" that I've had for years and have been using for range. GWD, Void Knight, Mithril Dragons, Slayer, Hunter, Summoning, every thing is so complex. Give me the old days where every one dreamed of wearing dragon armor, or of slaying the barrows brothers. When 85 magic meant charge spell and teleblock, the ultimate pker. When range was on the bottom, with a rune arrow max of 24. The dragon scimitar was THE training and killing weapon, as the first whip went for 150m. A granite maul would name a player wealthy, with it's 300k price tag. Dragon Square shields labeled you untouchable, and ranger boots were 300k.

I miss those days.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

4 years hmmm......

barrow armour will be todays rune :lol: , maybe some lvl 80 def armour will come out in the future but i doubt it (not that i could afford it)

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Jagex dont get much credit given to them, i have to say with the runescape 2 release they brought out alot of features, like in classic i think i had something like 30 ranged, and 70 melee stats, and crafting you had to do gold ore or symbol, yet they released dragonhide sets which was a good move, and i think what they do with weekly content is really keep things fresh for a long life game.

I have a friend who likes to study things and look at the ge graphs make heaps of profit, yet im here like i want money now and ill go kill for my money, my money has demon blood on it, theres always new challenges, i failed 13 times at jad in classic i was scared of kbd and saw people solo it i was like you my friend are a god.

Also remember wizard robes bein god and pking with gnome hats.. atleast theres ahrims/mystic now lol

I think the days of 14 days an update are gone but its still 1.2mb and its still pretty neat ;)

I think the days of 14 days an update are gone but its still 1.2mb and its still pretty neat ;)

Yeah I agree, I think they are going to focus on updating existing content and tweaking the graphics, maybe a few more skills here and there.

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

One things for sure. Retrospect will probably make most of us think: past > present, no matter what kind of updates come out. Runescape always seemed like a bigger place when you were a noob.

To address your point directly, I think things will work out. Of course there will be tons of players with high levels in the future, but a lot of them will probably quit because they finally get bored.

I can remember RuneScape 4 years ago. Those were the days. :) Everyone was nice and polite. JAGeX would even send you a message if they muted someone you reported. RuneScape was way more fun then. :geek:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Seriously. I miss playing way back in 2001. Back when the game pretty much started. Had Pandaman03 the entire time and everything was so difficult for me. I only skilled but the interactions, simple screens and communities made it so much fun. I quit in early 2003 and resurfaced back in December 2006 only to find so much had changed. I didn't find it fun. I still kinda don't but being in my community helped me get an interest back in the game. It is true, change is inevitable. I just hope Jagex will continue with the updates and they'll kick butt.

Pandaman03.png

Pandaman03.png

aurasmalluo6.gif

I could see godswords eventually coming down to around 5M and almost everyone having them, i'm not too sure about 3rd age though because it's much harder to get than godswords,bandos armour, armadyl armour etc.

I'm guessing they'll bring out more *set* armour effects, like barrows armour, or maybe even things we could add onto our armour like augmentation gems with burning effects, poisoning effects etc.

I think they'll eventually have to make 90+ requirement stuff too, they'll have to, we have more than 4K people with 99 prayer now, and rising. Soon they'll have to start doing many high level updates muahahahahahahahaha :twisted:

2vuhgcn.png

[hide=Hm...4 years from now..]Futurecity%2001.jpg[/hide]

Well I suppose more background information about the god wars, the map much more completed and I suppose another continent showing up at the far east, also maybe ScapeRune with quests and such.

Dr_Brinner.png