Mechscape officially comfirmed by Jagex at E3!

aoe325

What you guy's don't get is this, it might be aimed at 20+, but JaGEx is still going to advertise it on Runescape.com like no tomorrow and of course all the Miniclippers and kid's are gonna go to MechScape and ruin it. Age verification is a joke, just click 1920 and you are in the clear. It would have so much potential if JaGEx wasn't gonna advertise it to the bunch of 10 year olds.

OMGZ iT GOTZ BLOODDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!! i r playing noi! But if it looks anything like Runesccape HD I ain't playing.

What you guy's don't get is this, it might be aimed at 20+, but JaGEx is still going to advertise it on Runescape.com like no tomorrow and of course all the Miniclippers and kid's are gonna go to MechScape and ruin it. Age verification is a joke, just click 1920 and you are in the clear. It would have so much potential if JaGEx wasn't gonna advertise it to the bunch of 10 year olds.

OMGZ iT GOTZ BLOODDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!! i r playing noi! But if it looks anything like Runesccape HD I ain't playing.

Wouldnt it be some kind of oil or something?.. Or maybe they're eternal machines powered by four crystals! wow.

If the 20+ theme is successful I might leave Runescape for a while.. or even totally. :shock:

About there not being enought adults playing on Runescape and other MMORPGS consider this. MMOs were born very recently just 6-7 years ago (for the first major ones). Those who started playing mmos at that time still do today. The adult playerbase will slowly increase but never go down as more players reach that age.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I will perhaps create a character and play on it a little, but RS will still be the game I play the most. However, I'm of course a little curious about how this new game will look like. So hurry up and release it soon, Jagex :mrgreen:

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

okay, hehe. sounds interesting

It might be inspired by their 1999 multiplayer strategy game Cyber Wars, which featured Mechanoids, BattleMechs and Aliens

Cyber-Wars

well, that doesn't look so encouraging, but who knows, only time will tell.

The earliest evidence of Jagex actually developing MechScape dates to April 2005, when John Seru states he started working on an online space mmorpg.

well, an space mmorpg, not like it's been done before. There's a few that are supposed to be space MMORPG's and some have been quite good games.

But mainly, from what I've discovered, is that Space mmorpg's usually have two types of weapons:

-Futuristic weapons (guns, laser beams, plasma guns etc etc...)

-futuristic medievel weapons (Light sabers, swords made of some weird metal)

I myself would hope for the later option, though I think guns can make a good game, but doesn't quite appeal me in the same way..

I'm going to test it, that's for sure, I like the idea of a bit more mature game community. And I sure hope there's going to be maybe a year or so of only F2P, no membership in beginning..

(they can give some f2p skills, would only be fair to the players who come later into the game, so they can do a few skills, not just like combat)

if mechscape is for people in the 20's just think how bad it is gonna be with noobs when the 10 year old kids want to play it... its gonna be question mayhem.

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

if mechscape is for people in the 20's just think how bad it is gonna be with noobs when the 10 year old kids want to play it... its gonna be question mayhem.

aimed for people at 20's will propably mean a more complicated gameplay, and younger players will propably have difficulties with playing the game, and propably don't want to play it anymore.

Think of a strategy game, (although I've liked strategy games since I was like 12) it might not be so fun to play them when you're young. You'd propably rather play a more simple game..

I honestly wouldn't play this. Future-based games appeal to me ALOT less than medieval/magic-based fantasy does.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

:D Love that its aimed at 20+.

Yeah but there undoubtedly will probably be younger players in the game.

Yeah, I know I'll be playing. If it's free. #-o

This is insanely good news. I wonder if mechscapeworld has already posted it...UNORCLAN WHERE ARE YOU?

[

Heh, that guy must be getting totally chewed out by Andrew right now.