Mechscape officially comfirmed by Jagex at E3!

aoe325

I just stumbled upon an interview of Jagex's Director of Game Content, Henrique Olifiers, by WarCry Network that they did during the E3. :ohnoes: It's the first time a Jagex official talks of Mechscape, and there's a really juicy information in there :).

He did, however, drop the name MechScape to me as a title that they've been working on for the past two and a half years. MechScape, said Olifiers, will take technology beyond what they've done with RuneScape, and is also aimed at an older, more advanced audience (if the "sweet spot" for RuneScape is early teenagers, MechScape is aimed at people in their 20s).

"MechScape is aimed at people in their 20s" :thumbsup:

Source :

http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/int ... -RuneScape (Page 2)

[hide=A quote by Xharock]

Jagex discussing MechScape at E3!

Main points of interest:

The article confirms that MechScape is to be released Q1 2009 if all goes to plan.

The graphics are to be a step up from the recently released RuneScape HD.

Aimed at a more mature audience

More complex gameplay whilst retaining "jump-in jump-out" ideals

Will be browser based

Source: http://www.massively.com/2008/07/15/jag ... mechscape/

[/hide]

Comments anyone? ::'

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Ok first, you said it is the first time jagex's talked of runescape...lol. =D> =D>

And, everyone knows mechscapes comming out, but neat thats its be aimed at 20+ (Probably because they have cash!!)

wildy58.png

Wildy58.png

hasnt there allredy been a topic on this? anyways i hope this new game is as fun as runescape. i just kinda hope its not alot more fun cuz i dont want to be addicted to it then never play runescape again leaving all my hard work behind :shock:

Demond_1234.gif

hasnt there allredy been a topic on this? anyways i hope this new game is as fun as runescape. i just kinda hope its not alot more fun cuz i dont want to be addicted to it then never play runescape again leaving all my hard work behind :shock:

Yeah about 2 or 3 I think. :wall: Guess it's just more clutter for general discussion. #-o

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

Ok first, you said it is the first time jagex's talked of runescape...lol. =D> =D>

And, everyone knows mechscapes comming out, but neat thats its be aimed at 20+ (Probably because they have cash!!)

Thanks for pointing that out! #-o

And of course we know it's coming out. And they know we know. And so on.

But it's still the first time a Jagex official publicly names their new game :)

If RS is intended for early teens, I'm going to guess what Jagex means is that Mechscape is actually intended for those 16 and older. :|

Still better than nothing. If you can play a Jagex mmorpg without 10 years olds asking each other for a gf/bf, begging and whining all day long then I think it's worth trying :).

waht mechscape about???

Jagex is working on a new MMORPG called Mechscape. For a good source of info go to http://www.mechscapeworld.com/

I'll copy a post I made on the MechScape world forums regarding MechScape at E3:

Jagex discussing MechScape at E3!

Main points of interest:

The article confirms that MechScape is to be released Q1 2009 if all goes to plan.

The graphics are to be a step up from the recently released RuneScape HD.

Aimed at a more mature audience

More complex gameplay whilst retaining "jump-in jump-out" ideals

Will be browser based

Source: http://www.massively.com/2008/07/15/jag ... mechscape/

Very interested in the more complex gameplay idea.

I like it how they're planning MechScape toward a more mature audience, but I don't like them patronizing RuneScape. If they're capable of making a mature game, RuneScape should be the game they make mature :(

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

:D Love that its aimed at 20+.

Yeah but there undoubtedly will probably be more younger players in the game.

Of course, there will always be some people who don't tell the truth. But hopefully the '20+' will deter parents who are looking at it with their kids..

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

MechScape, from the concept i have seen seems like a lame game with "Robots"...

Doubt it's such fun game for us who like ancient times :|

Guess you won't know until you give it a go ;)

I'm hoping they do away with the "skills" system used in RuneScape and go for a more "free" system. Difficult to describe...

MechScape, from the concept i have seen seems like a lame game with "Robots"...

Doubt it's such fun game for us who like ancient times :|

Guess you won't know until you give it a go ;)

I'm hoping they do away with the "skills" system used in RuneScape and go for a more "free" system. Difficult to describe...

I don't need to try it, if it's about robot and mecanic monsters. Then SirHemen - is out :mrgreen:

Skills system= nice but at same time= not so nice, but yeah you got good idea.

Awesome, "jump-in jump-out" ideals. RS became too time consuming for me, so this game focused on a more adult audience with less time on their hands sounds great.

I wonder if it'll be a similar art style to RuneScape. You know the somewhat cartoonish, colourful graphics. If it is I'm thinking how will that translate into a sci-fi themed game targetted at more mature players.

I also remember reading something said by the CEO of Jagex, Geoff Iddison about how although implementing micro-transactions (That's paying for items or abilities in simple terms) would not work for RuneScape in it's current state they may consider it for future releases. Does this mean that MechScape might possibly have a system of buying in-game things with real world money?

I'll probably end up creating a character and use it for getting holiday items and the such if there are any on MechScape if it's released, however. I don't see myself playing it unless I happen to get banned from RuneScape and if the membership fee is reasonable priced like RuneScape, assuming there will be a p2p version of it.

xxteargodxx.png

Firstly, Jagex have never mentioned "MechScape" (the word) they're not allowed too.

Secondly, we all know MechScape has been worked on for years some of us more before others due to someone who worked for Jagex for only 2 months, got sacked and leaked the information to people he knew.

"Mechs" generally appeal to preteen males... I doubt the playerbase will be less moronic than RuneScape's... Now instead of names like "n4ruto1337" we'll see "masterch13f1". As a business move it's brilliant to appeal to the little spazzy Haloholics.

Probably will not play this. Scratch that... I will not play this.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

I could see myself playing I guess. Only if it's around 5 dollars for a month though. Also, we can hope that early holiday items will be tradable, but I am sure everyone including Jagex has learned a lesson from history. :lol: Anyway, I cannot wait to at least see what it's like.

Beta pl0x

"Mechs" generally appeal to preteen males... I doubt the playerbase will be less moronic than RuneScape's... Now instead of names like "n4ruto1337" we'll see "masterch13f1". As a business move it's brilliant to appeal to the little spazzy Haloholics.

Probably will not play this. Scratch that... I will not play this.

Oh God...please...no...*twitch*

3772841190_eba9dc52b2.jpg

aiming for 20+ audience is bull imo. the game would just not survive because it wont bring profits to jagex. there r more early teens playing these games than there r adults. lets face it, Jagex could care less about who plays the game. they just care about the money. this game will be another game full of 10 yr olds. u can flame me all u want. this is my opinion.