Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56819 replies to this topic

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,230 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:kalphiteman4

@ Bows, YOOOO how's life dude?

I've been having a completely ridiculous, awesome week. Saw Kishi Bashi and Kanye West last week (both of which were completely amazing shows), then flew back home  for my school's homecoming. It was a fantastic time getting to see my old roommate from college / some college friends that are still around there, getting to go to my favorite restaurant, having some Michigan beer (nothing else I've had in this country compares to the craft beer in Michigan), and getting to see all my best friends and my parents back home. It was a completely jam-packed, incredible weekend. Then to top it off, when I got back to work on Monday I found out I got a bonus, checked out a new Thai restaurant a block away from my house that turned out to be probably the best thai food I've ever had, then capped it off by seeing Chance the Rapper which was another utterly amazing concert.

That being said, it's been nice having a couple days to just chill out after all that. I've been tired as hell from all of the time zone changes / more alcohol than my body is used to haha.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

I rode my bicycle to a Rite-Aid (convenience store/pharmacy) just about a mile away and had three people yell at me to use the sidewalk or get out of the road, one person honk, and two people give me less than 6 inches of space.

All in a timespan under 10 minutes (going there, coming back).

Lol. At least I use turn signals.

It just amazes me how anti-pedestrian or anti-bicycle you 'Muricans are. Bicycles are great. And faster than cars in cities.

We rented bicycles in Toronto in June. There people ride quite a bit, there's a lot of bike lanes and people do give you space and consider you as an element of traffic.

Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,149 posts
Ayyy bows is here
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

I rode my bicycle to a Rite-Aid (convenience store/pharmacy) just about a mile away and had three people yell at me to use the sidewalk or get out of the road, one person honk, and two people give me less than 6 inches of space.

All in a timespan under 10 minutes (going there, coming back).

Lol. At least I use turn signals.

It just amazes me how anti-pedestrian or anti-bicycle you 'Muricans are. Bicycles are great. And faster than cars in cities.
We rented bicycles in Toronto in June. There people ride quite a bit, there's a lot of bike lanes and people do give you space and consider you as an element of traffic.

I live in a poverty-stricken area that is full of people in military-financed Mustangs/Chargers and hilariously oversized $60K+ trucks. The automative fetish is undeniable.

It is also full of morbidly obese individuals. We're in a sandhills areas--lots and lots of hills. Most of them couldn't even ride a bicycle more than half a mile.

In 2,000 miles on my scooter across all kinds of weather, I've seen maybe a handful of cyclists using the road. They don't exist.

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,149 posts
They only place I see cyclists is the city, and even there they aren't allowed that common
Posted Image

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,815 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht
We have cyclists. I see them on pretty much a daily basis when the weather isn't cold/ice and sometimes even when it is.

I tried to break my bicycle out of storage, but it was a little small when I was 14 and hasn't gotten any bigger. A new bike (sized appropriately) is on my wishlist, but I just bought a house and need to get settled in.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,003 posts

I've voiced this opinion before, but [bleep] all languages that aren't strongly typed.

For the last 2 weeks and the forseeable future at my new job, I've been writing in Visual Basic which, while it's not dynamically typed, doesn't check types at compile time or something. I don't really understand what it does tbh. I've made so many god damn errors already. Writing unit tests today and copying code between them (Different code, similar looking layout of variable declaration -> Call -> Assert) and then not knowing when I didn't change a type or whatever until I actually reread the code was super duper frustrating.

Like [bleep] man, just let me go back to Java, jeez.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,444 posts

I wish i could like your post more than once

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,784 posts

Idk, usually I catch errors like that before I even go to build

Sorry you have to use visual basic though

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

I wish i could like your post more than once

I'll like it for you

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,444 posts

they're writing gui's to track a killers IP address :lol:

to the peeps in here who javascript but like typed languages how do you feel about typescript?

ie:

https://github.com/M...er/raytracer.ts

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
Visual Basic is the worst thing since sliced bread

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Many native torontians would disagree with that assessment....

polvCwJ.gif

Lower Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Lower Levelled

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts

He just thought of a non us city and rolled with it

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,149 posts
I'm self teaching myself SQL so maybe I can finally understand all you code monkeys when you start jabbering about programs. Maybe.

I was hanging with my buddy yesterday and I hadn't seen him in a while so I asked him the latest stupid thing he did (he notoriously does the dumbest stuff) and starts off with
"so I got into a car accident"
Of course he was fine I was looking at him so I asked how his truck was (accurately, his dad's truck) and he says
"I hit a fire truck"
To which I said "how the [bleep] did you hit a fire truck"
He goes "it was parked"
Obviously I exclaim how stupid he is so loudly I almost missed the part when he said
"For a funeral"

Like dude. How the [bleep] do you hit a parked fire truck in a funeral
Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,784 posts

they're writing gui's to track a killers IP address :lol:

to the peeps in here who javascript but like typed languages how do you feel about typescript?

ie:

https://github.com/M...er/raytracer.ts

TS is a nice improvement to JS, but if you're using a compile to JS language, TS is pretty far down the list in my opinion. Types are nice and all, but TS doesn't really make development that much better, other than solving a handful of common bugs and adding a couple of features. Elm & ClojureScript really do a great job of making frontend development a lot easier and more fun for developers, so I'll always choose them over TS if I'm committing to a compile to JS language. Elm in particular is really, really nice to work with. At work we just use Babel to keep up with the ES spec though.

& of course using something like TS on the server (and 90% of the code I write is meant to run on the server) is kinda pointless. We'd just use one of the billion other type safe languages if type safety was important to us.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,328 posts
The only dynamic language I like is Lua, and by extension, MoonScript.

But that's because I love how versatile Lua is, and easy it is to embed in C++ (or whatever). And LuaJIT is amazing.

ozXHe7P.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,082 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

My question: how does a Canadian being rude compare with an American in a normal mood? As I imagine Canadians are probably a lot more polite than we are...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

My question: how does a Canadian being rude compare with an American in a normal mood? As I imagine Canadians are probably a lot more polite than we are...

Canadians and Americans are similarly polite in my experience. We tend to say sorry a bit more but that's not a big deal

polvCwJ.gif

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,149 posts
Also depends where in America. A corn farmer in Nebraska is more likely to be friendly than a guy that grew up in the bronx
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users