Today...

Leoo

On 3/7/2020 at 9:10 AM, Melos said:

Wait, how do you do that? I would also like to support this site and keep it going for years to come.

Yeah, just viewing ads, like RPG said, lol

I also mostly view on mobile. And my browser has adblock, which at one point I had to turn back on for TIF when it had a particularly pernicious popup.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I just had to watch someone close their eyes for the last time, and then gasp for air for another 3 days for the second time this year. The laws around euthanasia are so [bleep]ing inhumane.

Damn man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Its always a tough thing to watch someone pass, especially if they're family or close which I'm guessing they were.

Hope you're doing good man and hopefully the laws get to a better place.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to sound like a m*n, but y'all, I really wanna punch smth rn. Like, I was 1 step away from going back to Taekwondo before the pandemic hit, I had picked out a place, bought workout clothes, figured out how I was gonna manage stuff, and then we all had to go into social isolation? Sucks.

I just wanna feel my legs kick again, feel myself move and be free. Like, my anxiety's pretty high right now, and I'm still managing it mostly, but I just really want some kind of a release for it, cuz there's not much I can do to use it productively. 

3 minutes ago, Tesset said:

Not to sound like a m*n

To be clear, this is a joke about toxic masculinity, not a real statement about men, don't @ me

On 3/11/2020 at 6:38 PM, Iamdan said:

I just had to watch someone close their eyes for the last time, and then gasp for air for another 3 days for the second time this year. The laws around euthanasia are so [bleep]ing inhumane.

No medical assistance in dying there? Seems pretty inhumane, I agree.

Sometimes I wonder why some patients are full codes when pretty much it's just prolonging their suffering.

j0xPu5R.png

Still around. Never really can leave this place.

It is however nice to see certain people not around.

Yet saddening to not see others.

Solemn, probably here till the end.

On 2/26/2020 at 12:51 AM, MageUK said:

All good, the previous outages were due to non-payment of the bill (beyond my control) - that won't be happening any more. Outages will only be due to some kind of hardware or network failure, not counting me messing up a configuration somewhere. 😐 Both the forum and site have been moved to new servers and updated to facilitate that move.

Did you take control from old man Silverion? 

tFtfA.jpg

15 hours ago, Goonstalf said:

alright then whayt isss for sure

Death and taxes, I hear. Then again, I know a few billionaires avoiding the latter, so who knows in this world.

We lost all the custom emojis in the upgrade. I know I haven't used them in almost a decade but still. i cri

• 2 weeks later...

In an effort to keep the community together, we inadvertently sealed the forums fate. Whoops.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I keep trying to watch new shows or stuff during the quarantine, and having the same problem I always do where I get to the first piece of conflict and stop being able to watch the thing. It used to just be for certain kinds of conflict (mostly social friction from one person being tactless or awkward) that I couldn't deal with, but now it's like everything and idk what changed.

It makes it very hard to stop being bored ;-;

So tip.it is kinda... quiet nowadays I see. To be fair I think the last time I was really active was probably 10 years ago.

How is everyone doing with the quarantine? For whatever reason my brain takes bad situations and wants me to be my best self so I've been working out more than ever, have picked up piano etc. Like the more I feel like external things are out of my control the more I want to control internal things.

I'm lucky enough to have an "essential" job I love that's pretty safe, and I'm an introverted guy and don't need a heap of social interaction relative to a lot of people so I'm fairing relatively well.

• Like 1

Hey man. Yeah the boards are a bit quieter now. There was a period of time about a year ago where the boards kept going down for weeks at a time and there was no moderation so the board was just taken over by spambots, so most of the OTers made a discord to stay in touch cause we thought the boards were going to be gone for good. Now the boards are in better shape but discord's a way more convenient medium so most of the activity is there. if you check your PMs soon we'll send you an invite if you use that (and same goes for any other old regulars I've seen popping in here  lately - just message RPG if you want to join)

Anyways, I'm doing alright. Lucky to be in tech so I've been able to work fully remote and still have a job and everything. Living alone though so the isolation parts have been pretty hard. It feels like this isolation has been like a pendulum for me with how well i'm doing - I'll have a couple weeks that are really productive at work and cooking good meals and exercising consistently and practicing my synths followed by a period of just no motivation / energy where I can barely focus on anything and just daze through the days anxious from the news and playing video games til I fall asleep. Trying to be more consistent about the taking care of myself to foster the good weeks but its hard. Lost a couple family members to COVID back in March so I'm extra sensitive to news anxiety right now. 

Thankful for discord / being able to stay connected with online and IRL friends more easily, if I wasn't able to have video calls and stuff i'd be going insane. but yeah, just trying to hang in there and be patient for things to be safe out again.

I've actually increased the number of hours of work due to being in the healthcare profession. Although, it is always at the back of my mind that just one simple mistake with forgetting to wash my hands or putting on PPE incorrectly could result in me getting infected with COVID-19.

• Like 2

j0xPu5R.png

• 2 weeks later...

God, I'm having stress dreams or nightmares basically every night at this point. I say nightmares, but it's hard to call them that when my dreamself's response to everything is so blazé. Like, last night the dream was that I was being forced by an alien race to participate in the genocide of humanity by handling the distillation of nuclear waste with my bare hands. But, my dreamself's reaction was just... "yeah, alright". They were kind of bored, tbh. Like, no moral quandry over killing everyone. No fear of being tortured by the aliens. Not even a little bit of panic when I spilled the distillation station, and I have panic attacks every time I knock over an empty bowl irl!

It's just weird. Like, the dreams suck, but to describe them as nightmares when they're so banal feels wrong. I never wake up scared, just a little annoyed, and it almost feels like it would be better to actually be afraid of those dreams...

Wish I knew what my psyche was trying to do here

• Like 1