Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

52548 replies to this topic

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,787 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Nox

Girls really need to learn the difference between "curvy" and "fat/overweight". This girl sent me a message yesterday afternoon saying she had fun on our date, and we should do it again some time. I told her that i don't think it was going to happen, i felt no sort of attraction to her AT ALL. She asked me why and i told her the truth, told her that i just prefer girls more or less in my own weight class. Nothing personal. She hits me with the "so you don't like curvy women?" Couldn't even be bothered responding to that. Being 50lbs over your suggested weight does not make you "curvy", that makes you fat. 

I don't have a problem with fat people either, i should mention. I just have zero physical attraction to them. Even less when they're as [bleep]ing delusional as this girl. Curvy my ass.

I'm sure she knows the difference, but it's difficult for anyone to call themselves fat, let alone when they know it's going to disqualify them sexually. I don't disagree with your choice (I'd have done the same thing) but I wouldn't have bothered responding at all.

It's a tough situation. Generally i really don't like just flat-out being rude to people, or hurting their feelings. I didn't want to not reply and have her think it's because of something she did. Truth be told, when we were driving in the car and i didn't have to look at her (because i was focusing on the road) it was actually fine. i actually think i had a good time. Fun to talk to, etc. So i didn't want her thinking she's a boring person, or she did something wrong, or whatever. I'd rather have her think i'm just another shallow prick instead.

There are a lot of guys that prefer larger women. I don't see why people aren't just honest about it upfront, instead of trying to be deceitful about their appearance. I find the fact that all of her pictures are just to her neckline deceitful, honestly speaking. This way you don't waste my time, and you don't waste your own time. You also spare yourself the pain of having to hear "sorry i don't like fat girls" over and over. I'd rather just be honest about it

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,263 posts
When you have a job and a social life there's not enough time in the day to be wasted lying to people. Just be honest and move on with your life.

i4etdl.jpg

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is  an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,988 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Catfishing isn't cool.

Also a lot of guys add 2 inches to their height on dating sites and use pictures older than 6 months too. Dont be that guy either.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,033 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
I should take down 2 inches from my real height to not scare people off...

In other news, I accidentally managed to get a visa to New Zealand for a year.
Seems like I'm gonna be a Kiw for a year instead of a Koala or an icicle...
Posted Image

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,787 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Nox

I've never felt the need to lie on Tinder. I'm very intimidated (not the right word, but i can't think of a better word right now) by the fact that i might be confronted about whatever it is i'm lying about. Then again, i don't really have much to lie about. I don't have to lie about my height, my weight, or my "job" (or lack thereof at the moment). I've been on my fair share of Tinder dates and i don't think i've ever met someone that blatantly lied or misled me either. There was one girl who showed a lot of cleavage in some of her pictures, so i assumed she had bigger breasts than she actually had (turns out push-up bras really helped her out in that department). But that's about it. 

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,499 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

I get why it happens, but I don't see the point. I mean, they're going to find out your lying when they see you, and that's not a great foundation for relationship building, so it just seems like a huge waste of everyone's time. At the same time, I acknowledge that we are fickle creatures and there is a real chance that personality can walk through the door you open by fudging some details.

I happened to look at my Windows logs today and noticed that my secondary hard drive has been throwing a bad block error since at least June of last year, which prompted me to fire up a program to read the smart values which are now reporting unrecoverable sectors (which despite the event logs, is new as of the last 2-3 months since I last checked), so I guess it's time for another new hard drive. In fairness, I've been using this drive for like 7 years now and it's logged 14,500 hours, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

Maybe someday it will stop snowing and I'll go buy that replacement. Seriously, it hasn't stopped snowing/hailing for nearly 36 hours now. Where was this on Christmas >.>

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 6,728 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I get why it happens, but I don't see the point. I mean, they're going to find out your lying when they see you, and that's not a great foundation for relationship building, so it just seems like a huge waste of everyone's time. At the same time, I acknowledge that we are fickle creatures and there is a real chance that personality can walk through the door you open by fudging some details.

It's a sunk cost at that point. Once you're already there, it doesn't make too much sense to just walk off because someone is two inches shorter.

Also some people are remarkably gullible and/or shallow, you tell them what they want to hear and that's enough, otherwise they won't even talk to you. Oh well  :-D.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

Posted Image
Posted Image

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,792 posts
Wow of all the articles I've read about Trump and his supporters this one takes the cake: http://www.npr.org/2...me-with-support

They've got to make cuts somewhere. Somebody's going to get cut, somebody's going to bleed a little bit. That's just a fact of life, but to get things back into balance," says Jim Fritch, who works at Clark's Farm and Home Store.

Jim Fink runs the store, and he agrees. Both Fritch and Fink voted for Trump.

"If you ask me would I rather see the money go for our water plant, or to possibly try to control our borders and the security of our nation, the security of our nation is more important to me," Fink says.

You make $5,000 a month. You spend $1000 on rent, $500 on utilities, $300 on transportation, $300 on food, $200 on entertainment, and $4000 on sticky notes. It doesn't make any [bleep]ing sense to cut your grocery bill to make ends meet. That's not where you're wasting money.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,263 posts
Just got out of my colonoscopy. Who wants pics?

i4etdl.jpg

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is  an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users