Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56901 replies to this topic

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I have an interview presentation (over the phone) for a problem an order of magnitude more difficult than what I was working on, and even that one we weren't making so much progress. So doomed...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,016 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Today's the day. Coming out to my parents.

Nerves are really starting to set in.

Unhappy, but resignedly accepting, is how I'd describe their reaction. They know they can't stop me, and both of them said they don't want to call me Tes, but neither of them tried particularly hard to talk me out of it. I guess I wait, take it slow, and hopefully bring them around over time.

The really worrying statement was Dad asking me why I didn't just "wait a few years until [he's] dead. Won't be that long."

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,172 posts
Yikes that's a rough one. Proud of you for giving them the chance to get to know the real you though. I know it was a hard decision to make, and yes I do believe it'll get easier for you over some time. There is always going to be a slight adjustment period
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts
My latest launcher has been downloaded roughly 80 times. (A few of those would be me but the number is insigifniciant.)

The latest game build has only been downloaded roughly 10 times.

You know why?

NMWH4IK.png

Microsoft is literally ruining the success of my game. I wonder if I'd have a leg to stand on by buying the code signing cert then suing them for the cost of the cert in small claims court. Their warning saying my game "may put computers at risk" which is unfounded bullshit. We're talking I have to put out almost $1,000 to get rid of this warning. I don't have that money at this point considering my game is free.

They are using their monopoly to force smaller developers to the Windows store, where they make a nice cut of profits. That's illegal.

edit: I'm not really thinking of suing Microsoft lol.

Edited by Veiva, 23 April 2019 - 09:59 PM.

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,172 posts
Given that it's a blanket security measure I don't know if you'd be able to sue with any kind of grounds, it's meant to protect people from downloading computer AIDS, its not realistic to filter what is and isn't a legit program. "May be dangerous" is about as close as you'll be able to get.

That said, you might be able to write off the cert as a business expense through your LLC and recoup the loss through taxes. But I'm not 100% sure how that works
Posted Image

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

I've never published, so I wouldn't know the details, but can you get your launcher on say itch.io where people might be a bit more willing to ignore those prompts? My understanding is that once it's downloaded a certain number of times, those sort of messages go away. But I might be wrong and I don't know how different version numbers interact with those totals.

On a totally different note, since you would be the right people to ask...if I want to teach myself Tensorflow, CUDA, CUDNN, where do I start? I only have a laptop with Windows and no GPU. Is it worth learning Amazon's interface so I can test models (and can I use their CPU time in very small increments to just run tests to see if it compiles or not)?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Given that it's a blanket security measure I don't know if you'd be able to sue with any kind of grounds, it's meant to protect people from downloading computer AIDS, its not realistic to filter what is and isn't a legit program. "May be dangerous" is about as close as you'll be able to get.

That said, you might be able to write off the cert as a business expense through your LLC and recoup the loss through taxes. But I'm not 100% sure how that works

A business with a revenue of $0. I don't think there's any benefit of writing anything off.

ozXHe7P.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Are you asking how to learn the API for tensorflow or how to build a statistical model 

MarilynChristian
[ Display Name History ]

MarilynChristian

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts

Any cryptocurrency folks here?

Yeah, indeed. There are several here. How are you working with crypto? What programs do you use? Do you use bots like 3commas?

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

A business with a revenue of $0. I don't think there's any benefit of writing anything off.

I thought you can deduct business expenses regardless...it just has to have the intent of making revenue/profit eventually, even if it's not doing so at the moment.

Are you asking how to learn the API for tensorflow or how to build a statistical model 

More the TensorFlow API aspect of things I guess, already know the different kinds of models and have the math background to understand how the neural networks function and which to try.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I mean if you know how to make a model then just look at similar open source projects to what your interested in

and

read the docs: https://www.tensorfl...api_docs/python

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts

Any cryptocurrency folks here?

Yeah, indeed. There are several here. How are you working with crypto? What programs do you use? Do you use bots like 3commas?

Go back to the shadow

TANSTAAFL

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

I mean if you know how to make a model then just look at similar open source projects to what your interested in

and

read the docs: https://www.tensorfl...api_docs/python

You wouldn't learn Python by solely reading the documentation. That's a reference to quickly look up stuff once you already have a good idea what's going on..

Also looking into AWS but I'm having a hard time understanding. If say I have a standalone project with TensorFlow, can I dump it on there and run it (after some data wrangling to put it in their format)? Or do I have to convert it to something completely different?

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

You have a big beefy AWS server your paying for and you want to make sure it runs the same as your home environment. 

I mean if it came with miniconda/python already installed just do all your local work on a conda environment and make a conda env yaml file and include it in your repo. Which would include tensorflow

so a manual setup I might use for something like this would be

mkdir <reponame>
git init
git remote add orgin <path>
git pull orgin master
conda env create -f env/<myenv>.yml
source activate <myenv>
python setup.py develop
python helloworld.py

You could go a step further and make a shell script to do automate this or use docker 

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts
yesterday yesterday, so, endgame

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,172 posts
I did well in today's MTG pre-release. Def got my money's worth
Posted Image

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 957 posts

me too

igot bingo and wasnt the old maid a single time

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,016 posts
Haven't been out in girl mode in a few weeks after being misgenered last time. Went out tonight b/c [bleep] my parents, and saw Captain MarvelShazam. Really enjoyed it. It's just a fun movie to turn your brain off to, which I needed.

Honestly, though, I like the DC movies that I've seen more than I liked any of the Marvel movies except maybe Iron Man 1, and I'm not sure why. Like, I legitimately loved Justice League, despite how critical everyone else is of it and the whole franchise. Definitely more than I liked any of the Avengers movies. I think I give the DC movies a pass because I know the characters more than I know the Marvel characters, and it's a weird non-objective stance that I can't shake.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 957 posts

awuaman was a pretty movie, loved the visusals

• Dax likes this

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

You have a big beefy AWS server your paying for and you want to make sure it runs the same as your home environment. 

I mean if it came with miniconda/python already installed just do all your local work on a conda environment and make a conda env yaml file and include it in your repo. Which would include tensorflow

so a manual setup I might use for something like this would be

mkdir <reponame>
git init
git remote add orgin <path>
git pull orgin master
conda env create -f env/<myenv>.yml
source activate <myenv>
python setup.py develop
python helloworld.py

You could go a step further and make a shell script to do automate this or use docker 

Hmm makes sense I guess. Only thing is that I can't really code locally since my computer is Windows and no GPU...that was the point of signing up for Amazon in the first place. At least it's free for now...

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users