Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57016 replies to this topic

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

i grabulated from georgia tech 14 yearas ago if that hlps

• Dax likes this

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
We have such a diverse and inter-connected family here :')
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I have some co-workers with CS degrees from GT if you want me to pass some questions along

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,038 posts
If I have "3 lengths of chain", what does that mean to y'all? I want to make sure I'm not using confusing terminology.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

u got 3 balla blingin chains covered in ice and made from pimpin gold to war round yo neck

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

u got 3 balla blingin chains covered in ice and made from pimpin gold to war round yo neck

Covered in ice??

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

yeh

• Dax likes this

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,821 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

If I have "3 lengths of chain", what does that mean to y'all? I want to make sure I'm not using confusing terminology.

That you have three chains. (My mind goes to logging, towing)

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

u guys ever think about how there are other people who post on different parts of this forum that we never interact with

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

That you have three chains. (My mind goes to logging, towing)

and pimpin

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
Goon, you are on fire today my friend.

I reached out to the "others" on TIF that are non OT. They weren't interested in inter mingling much. Not that it's so different from us sticking to our sub forum.

As for 3 lengths of chain? I'm pictures about 3ft of industrial chains, as mentioned for things like towing. But I like Goon's answer better so...ice ice baby
Posted Image

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

I reached out to the "others" on TIF that are non OT. They weren't interested in inter mingling much. Not that it's so different from us sticking to our sub forum.

wow [bleep] them

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,038 posts
Alright, apparently that did not translate to "3 discrete chain ropes" or whatever. That's what I was trying to say, but it didn't mean what I thought.

Not that it matters, my players never went where the chains were lol.

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,821 posts

You absolutely do know 'the community' because your online and talk to other trans people and have terminology that makes sense in your community. Such as deadname. Outside of your community that word literally has no meaning. Its like when some scientologist has some esoteric word for sin that literally is meanless if your not a scientologist. You absolutely do have a community, even if it is based online.

As far as your geographic community I know how incredibly frustrating it is.

My mom is mexican-american and my dad was blue eyed blond white. My dad wasn't in the picture so I was raised by my mother. So me and my sister look white af but were raised with a mexican-american culture and family. Regradless of that other people in my area never saw me as a latino. Me and my sister were always the white kids, and it wasn't just a school thing even people in my family acted like that.

So yeah I get it, the experience sucks. I get how having an identity that you hold not be accepted by the community around you can suck.

Its how things are, find a way to deal with it. Because your not likely to change peoples perceptions or behavior.

We may have different understandings of what it means to be part of a community.
I don't think having a doctor explain that their unusual waiting room protocol was designed (in part) to avoid deadnaming patients who haven't updated their documents makes me part of a community.
I don't think seeing objections to deadnaming and misgendering in news articles/comments makes me part of a community.
I don't think trying to find resources for my family or FAQs to help me anticipate questions makes me part of a community, although it certainly is benefitting from their existence.
I don't think looking into online forums or local groups, only to realize that I do not relate to most of the people or issues and leave because I feel so out of place makes me part of a community.

That's not community to me; it's incidental contact with people who are ostensibly vaguely like me. The con I went to with ~1500 geeks packed into a hotel for a weekend? That's community. I might not share their exact passions or skillsets, but I can connect with them in ways I don't with most people.

But hey, maybe I absolutely do know the [trans] community; that knowledge isn't helping me see why anyone would need a deeper understanding than "my name is X, please don't call me by the old name" in order to not use a former name. It also isn't helping me see why intolerance in decades past should require me to have any patience for it now.

When I had short hair and worked outside, some people would try speaking spanish to me and apologize when I explained that I didn't understand. With longer hair, they wanted to know which tribe I was from. I was drinking with one of my neighbors before I moved here, and he started venting about shitty racist people before stopping to look at me and say but you've been there, huh? I don't know wtf they were seeing, but being othered isn't a exactly a new experience. My wife's mother is Korean and her father is white, so she's often seen as an outsider in homogenous groups and has had it worse than I have.

I have a way to deal with it, and it's not unique to trans issues. People in my life who aren't worth dealing with find their presence greatly diminished or eliminated. If they care to continue to be a part of my life, they can institute their own change. I might be able to help if that's what they want, but I really don't care to try changing anyone who isn't looking to change; their ideas can die with them.
This is how I am, and anyone who doesn't like it can find a way to deal with that. I've got better things to do with my life.

Alright, apparently that did not translate to "3 discrete chain ropes" or whatever. That's what I was trying to say, but it didn't mean what I thought.

Not that it matters, my players never went where the chains were lol.

I think that's how I read it. I have a 20ish-foot tow chain that I'd call a length of chain. If I bought/borrowed another similar setup, possible a different length(maybe a 50-foot chain), I'd have two lengths of chain.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,038 posts
Yeah, just being queer doesn't really make you part of the community. Having significant relationships within wider circles of queer individuals makes you part of the community, but even then, it's easy to be very much on the outskirts of it. Participation is a really important part of being in a community.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
Most women take their husbands last name (or at least used to in majority) and they go by a new nam. And for generations it's never been a big deal to call someone by that new name. "MRS Smith instead of Ms. JONES"

It's pretty simple stuff
Posted Image

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,821 posts
When I got married, we received so many cards addressed to Mr. & Mrs. [my original surname] (or worse, Mr. and Mrs. [my original first name] [my original surname]) I didn't keep my old surname, and she didn't take it, so neither person existed.

rnHJQwZ.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
GOT S8E5 thoughts

Posted Image

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

When a company emails you:

"{{Applicant first name}}, you're invited to an interview!"

Also there must be some gif that describes trying to interact with non-OT users..

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

Also there must be some gif that describes trying to interact with non-OT users..

https://tenor.com/vi...tas-gif-5458002

Mobile formatting escapes me...

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users