Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

57022 replies to this topic

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:wioneo

Is this the closest thing that we have to a friends chat now? Just noticed that sc and SoDB were deserted.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
I have no idea what SC and SODB are so I'm going with yes

@Hedge

Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

I've watch enough anime to know that a series that passes the manga normally goes to shit. Either you have 8 filler seasons or writing that clearly lacks what the original author was bringing to it.

But yeah its unfortunate that GoT's later seasons aren't turning out as well as people would have hoped

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Is this the closest thing that we have to a friends chat now? Just noticed that sc and SoDB were deserted.

Last time I played Runescape (maybe 6 months ago?), I remember there *was* a friends chat with a handful of people in it, but I don't remember who it was under anymore. I just searched the forums a bit for it. Maybe ask around, see if anyone knows?

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

There were still a couple people in the codguy cc when I last logged in like a year ago

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

yo add me on runsecaoe ingame name: zezima

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

I gave a final presentation in class today, I think it went pretty well. The presentation is worth like 30% of our grade. Had to take my anti-anxiety meds 30 minutes before the first presentation. They take about an hour to kick in so by the time we presented I felt the positive effects. And by the time of the last presentation I felt the negative side effects (tiredness). Went home and directly went to bed lol. Now I'm wide awake at 10:00 pm ugh. But I think it was worth it. I didn't feel anxious or anything while presenting (just slightly nervous in the first minute during prep).

The medication is very addictive so I prefer other techniques to help with anxiety (calming music, alone time are good ones typically), but of course that's not feasible during the presentation lol.

Also I was playing my game one of my other classes and I have to say it's pretty fun. I haven't played it / worked on it in a couple weeks while trying to focus on school & work. The tutorial intro is nice and really captivating. I like Cap'n Raven seems so ... interesting, despite having so little dialogue and being MIA after the Cthulhu attack. The combat system is pretty good, abilities aren't OP and you don't feel bad ignoring them, but they help out a lot in more difficult fights, especially the defensive abilities like Absorb (heals you after a few seconds by a % of the damage you take) and Bash (stuns the opponent and makes their next attack take a lot longer to land). The dialogue and world building stuff (like examines) are good, too. Most of them are pretty witty or thoughtful.

The only problem I had was you can't loot everything. I'm thinking of adding tiers of items that alchemize, bank, or otherwise nab drops for you. For the tutorial, I'm planning on making a "portable zombi merchant" that buys loot on the ground for a small price. You'll be able to rezz a zombi using zombi brains, bones, and mooish leather using magic, faith, and crafting (lol). I hate having to leave so much crap on the ground. Alternatively I'll have loot you don't pick up automatically banked when you leave an area, but that complicates multiplayer.

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
Do you mind my asking what your script is? I don't think I've heard anyone describe their anxiety meds as addictive before

As for complicating multiplayer, wouldn't it work the same way item drops did in 2007 Runescape? Stage 1 is priority player loot which after a moment moves to a public loot. Why not add a third step where it gets auto banked to priority player?

@hedge

Posted Image

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Do you mind my asking what your script is? I don't think I've heard anyone describe their anxiety meds as addictive before

As for complicating multiplayer, wouldn't it work the same way item drops did in 2007 Runescape? Stage 1 is priority player loot which after a moment moves to a public loot. Why not add a third step where it gets auto banked to priority player?

It's clonazepam. Over-use can result in dependence. Isn't xanax really addictive? IDK. I'm just listening to what my pharmacist told me.

I suppose I can assign items to a player (whoever dealt the most damage or whatever) and move them to their bank when everyone leaves the area if someone else doesn't pick it up. Now how would you get rid of an item you don't want...

ozXHe7P.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

So my job said no to a raise and they'll revisit in a month.

I should be making 30-40K/year as a part-time programmer in this area, but I make $10.50 an hour. Cart pushers at Wal-Mart make more than me.

ozXHe7P.png

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

I wouldn't show up at work for $10.50 an hour

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Yeah I'm only making like $600/month I can do without that income I'm seriously considering giving my two weeks in June (1 year mark).

I don't need the money. It's just nice to have. I'll just get a job on the weekends or whatever as a waiter/bartender idc.

I'm working on getting an offer from a few places I've interviewed at. If I can get an offer for 55-60k in a better area I'll use that to demand $30k/year part time (i.e., half of full time salary) or I'm gone. But I don't think understand how big of a mistake of not fighting tooth and nail to keep me would be. I'm literally their best programmer by such a margin it's [bleep]ing insane.

I've fixed problems you can only fix with a knowledge of linear algebra. I'm currently the only one with the maths background to work on the more demanding graphics features of our product, and without me, they're in pretty poor shape. My background with graphics programming in general is critical to the future features they want to implement. They really don't know...

ozXHe7P.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

Yeah your definitely worth more as a software engineer than your current pay shows. I think the work your capable of can make many companies (or yourself) a huge amount of money. 

That said the worlds best hammer is worthless to someone who has no need for a hammer.

And thats the criticism I have with the "They'll realize their mistake when I'm gone".

Your not saving the company from the mistake of throwing away a golden goose your saving yourself from the effort of finding a company that aligns with and values your abilities. 

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts
Finally closed the therapist tabs on my google chrome. Guess we'll see if round 3 comes of anything.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
I'll be driving down to Atlanta later today. :D Going to Six Flags and the aquarium. My reward for acing it in school :shades:.

ozXHe7P.png

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts
Went to 5 different stores to hunt down a copy of Steven Universe Save the Light on release day.

Makes it sound a lot more popular than it is, doesn't it :P

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

what is that

• Dax likes this

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
There is so much content that I never purchased figuring "it'll always be free on the internet" and "the internet doesn't forget, someone will always remember it"

Damned if I don't have some obscure taste in childhood cartoons...
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users