Today...

Leoo

High spirit today. I had a shit weekend thanks to my parents once again calling me and guilting me that I'm the spawn of Satan and I tear the family apart.

went out job hunting today and thought I'd try a shirt on I haven't worn because it was too small, found out it now fits me which means I've started to lose the depression/stress weight that's taken so long to get rid of.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

Rented out the last rooms in my house today to a couple of exchange students who decided that residence just wasn't their style. Apparently the benefits of being an exchange student range beyond being able to take whatever you want and having that count towards your degree. They are also able to get out of residence agreements and meal plans as well. While my University can't be celebrating that privilege, I sure am.

I wonder if Netflix has the capacity to know if someone is single or not based on shows and frequency of watching them

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Speaking of Disney/horror, I read an article some time ago (it's not worth digging up) on Yahoo about some movies to be careful about letting (young) children watch, and many of them were Disney films.  They seemed to be a bit sensitive though.  Main character dies?  It might be traumatizing for kids.  Someone fails to overcome an obstacle and a less-than happier-ever-ending?  Might inspire psychological doubt, etc. etc.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I didn't agree with the article, and from the looks of the comments page, neither did a lot of others.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Isn't it more damaging to never expose your children to any sadness or tragedy? A think a movie where the MC dies or fails is a better way to show them that not everything ends happily than when it actually happens to them for the first time in real life.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Speaking of Disney/horror, I read an article some time ago (it's not worth digging up) on Yahoo about some movies to be careful about letting (young) children watch, and many of them were Disney films.  They seemed to be a bit sensitive though.  Main character dies?  It might be traumatizing for kids.  Someone fails to overcome an obstacle and a less-than happier-ever-ending?  Might inspire psychological doubt, etc. etc.

I'd argue the other way myself. I think teaching kids that everything works out happily ever after if you just believe in yourself is a terrible message when it's not tempered by any kind of reality. If you grow up believing that, it strikes me as a fantastic way to become bitter and blame the world for all your problems.

Reminds me of my Cousin (the one I was staying with at the cottage). There is a complete moratorium on Disney Princesses in her house, because she feels that they send the wrong message (I think it's the 'helpless damsel in distress waiting for a big strong man to come rescue her' message). Not that her daughter doesn't know about them, or adore them, but she won't add fuel to the fire herself.

I think it's very difficult to predict exactly what will stick, and what will traumatize and so on, and I'm not sure if we are always aware ourselves of some of the ideas that might have become ingrained in our heads (because they'll feel so natural). It becomes something you just take for granted as fact. Despite that, I think there is merit to avoiding a constant diet of feel good stories and at least showing some hardship (and strong female characters) so that people don't get so bombarded by one singular idea that it becomes fact for them.

• Like 2

I put in close to 6 hours yesterday and got up to level 13 (now 14), and so far I've really enjoy how they've been able to perfectly blended a mmo & fps into one game. Control is easily my favorite multiplayer mode. It really makes you move around the map, making for some really exciting gameplay. Team deathmatch is fun if you're placed on one of the close combat maps, but when they put you on a large map it can be a real [bleep]. 

tFtfA.jpg

My internet is fine (slow, but not ridiculously so), but I don't have any way of connecting my 360 to it right now. I'll probably get either PS4 or XBox 1 early next year if I deem it worth my money, though, so I'll consider getting Destiny then.

Also, I now have 2 4-hour shifts done at my new job and it is perhaps a bit too mind-numbing, even for me. I work as a Donor Greeter for Goodwill Industries, and in 2 days (8 hours total), we received 12 donations while I was there. Early next week I'm doing 4-hour shifts at the slowest one where they're lucky to get 10 donations in the 12 hours they operate. I thought my job search was over, but it apparently must go on, although I can relax it a bit as long as the cash is flowing in.

I would keep the job, but working alone with virtually nothing to do? I would lose my mind.

EDIT: It also doesn't help that there are 6 locations, any of which I could be asked to work at, any time... any day of the week. I applied for a job that said 1 location, not 6.

Invite some friends in and offer them beer or something. Theres always something to do to not go insane at jobs like that

None of my friends live close enough (a few of them having spread across the country, the rest being at least 1 city away), and most of them have jobs and families that take up most of their time right now. Actually, I haven't seen any of them in almost 2 years... I need to fix that soon, at least for the ones still in my province.

I'll figure something out for the short-term, but it will never work long-term.

The PS4 bundle was tempting but I couldn't justify paying $450 when the only difference between the two versions are the graphics. However if I do decide to buy a PS4 between now and January, I get a free copy of the PS4 version of Destiny because i bought a digital copy, which is cool to know. 

We had a $2 beer night on Wednesday too, then on Thursdays at the same place it was 25 cent beers all day with a $5 cover after 7PM. But now my life is all about those $2 happy hour beers. 

tFtfA.jpg

Tuesday is $5 bucket night, but im thinking penny pitchers sounds better...

$3 beers at the Pub on Thursdays after 9 is about the best I get. But that's because I don't want to drink shit beers and that's all of the "college bars" have. But I'll probably do Nickle Night at some point (which is a really misleading name because it's actually 25 cents a drink).

I guess I usually just drink at home though since I can get a very nice 6 pack for $11 ish. Which is a much better deal.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

9/11 was 13 years ago as of today.  I remember three years ago that the New York Times (which was around for free in the cafeteria at the time) had pages and pages devoted to it.  Then I happened to see online that a Tanzanian ship sunk due to overcrowding, killing hundreds of people and mostly children.  Not a word was said about it in the print version of the Times, that I could find.  The comments page on Yahoo was filled with comments along the lines of "die (6 letter offensive word for dark-skinned people)s," "9/11 revenge," "they'll just make more babies," etc.  It was absolutely disgusting to see that kind of ignorant behavior and unfortunately, not an image I'll forget any time soon.

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png