Today...

Leoo

Holy shit, I just found out we are going to overnight on some islands with canoes on this field trip!

This field trip just got a whole lot more exciting, even though it was epic enough before already!

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Worked the last 3 days, my feet are sore and I'm tired but oh well, I get paid.

Ouch, best of luck with that Nox, sounds like a shitty situation to be in. 

I start working at McDonald's again tomorrow. Should be really hot and we're in a pretty touristic area so it'll immediately be a busy day to start off, but oh well. 

My boyfriend only just started working at McDonald's as well. Only been there two days and his colleagues are racist, sexist high school dropouts and he was talking to one of them about something and the guy randomly described black people as animals and needing to be kept in the zoo. Was a bit awkward for my boyfriend and he wisely decided not to explain that his girlfriend is black  :unsure: They also constantly disrespect female managers and make fun of women on the job.

Anyway, yeah working on fries is quite intense according to him as he's never had any sort of customer service job or food-related job. He's undercooked nuggets and got a burn on his arm from the oil, so you could say it's going well  :o

Good thing the McDonald's I work at isn't anything like that. Even students who have barely any idea what they're doing on the job don't get disrespected (by staff I mean), nor do any of the female staff. It's actually a pretty good working environment. It had been a while since I last worked there and the place had been renovated since, and there's been some changes to the menu and such that I've had to adapt, but even if it's really busy I always feel like I can ask my question to someone else and get a decent reply. 

And Nox, I've been wondering, what exactly drew you to Qatar in the first place? 

Uhhh when i was 16 my dad got a job here. At that time it was impossible for someone with a white skin to get a job in South Africa so it was pretty much our only way out. I was too young to live on my own so i had no choice but to come here with them. Probably the shittiest 12 months of my life after moving here. As mad as i am about this entire situation, i'll never hate Qatar. It gave me a home when my own country refused to. It's also the only place i have ever felt truly safe in.

I know you've traveled a lot, kinda surprised you'd feel safer in Qatar than some of the places you've been

There's literally no crime here. There's corruption, racism, but no crime. Rather i should say no crime that would really ever effect me (by that i mean theft, murder, etc.). I know there's almost no chance i would ever get robbed, mugged, stabbed, or shot here. I can't say the same about any other place in the world. I mean... the US reminded me a lot of South Africa in a sense, especially the part i lived in. It was a lot safer, but i could never feel 100% safe as i do here. And that's probably a bit ignorant of me to say, but growing up in South Africa really forces you to distrust everything. And Qatar has really been the only place that's managed to change that.

I live in southwest Florida and I'm not comfortable leaving any doors or cars unlocked, even for a few minutes

Is that due to people or alligators?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I live in southwest Florida and I'm not comfortable leaving any doors or cars unlocked, even for a few minutes

Is that due to people or alligators?
Gators are gentle creatures ok

Coming from Jersey suburbia, it depends how rural your area is. Camden and Philly are practically lawless but some of the more country-esque towns are perfectly fine to leave your car unlocked and whatnot

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I know you've traveled a lot, kinda surprised you'd feel safer in Qatar than some of the places you've been

There's literally no crime here. There's corruption, racism, but no crime. Rather i should say no crime that would really ever effect me (by that i mean theft, murder, etc.). I know there's almost no chance i would ever get robbed, mugged, stabbed, or shot here. I can't say the same about any other place in the world. I mean... the US reminded me a lot of South Africa in a sense, especially the part i lived in. It was a lot safer, but i could never feel 100% safe as i do here. And that's probably a bit ignorant of me to say, but growing up in South Africa really forces you to distrust everything. And Qatar has really been the only place that's managed to change that.

Where did you live in the US? I don't think I've ever seriously felt unsafe here and I've lived way out in the country, in suburbia, and in two big cities.

I lived in Florida. Between Orlando and Palm Beach pretty much. But we lived in a... i wouldn't say ghetto area, but it wasn't far from. And i think i misspoke a bit. It's not that i feel unsafe there, i just won't ever feel the same safety as i do here. That said, i feel unsafe in SA. I don't think there's anything that could happen for me to ever feel safe there. 

I wonder if it's simply because you spent some pretty formative important years in Qatar that you feel that way. In my part of the U.S, I feel very safe unless I'm in the wrong part of a big city, but those are quite easy to avoid. Granted, I grew up in a town of 700 so I was quite isolated, perhaps that's why I feel so safe here

Worked 14 hours to come home to a car insurance bill thats inflated by $500 for unknown reasons. Sometimes I hate this country

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

There's parts of Kansas City that you want to avoid due to the crime. But about 20 minutes away from Kansas City are the suburbs where you can leave everything unlocked without any risk

brb looting muggi's house.

Popoto.~<3