Today...

Leoo

You talking about chopped or the sabotage one?

The one with the sabotages

Also I have to walk home from work during a tropical storm, so that should be fun

Update: I left work like 10 minutes ago cuz I wasn't really doing anything and it's not currently raining so I should be good

You just walked into the eye of the storm?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I cut myself with my knife a while back and my boss was showing me how to break some beef today without his glove on. I kept getting concerned for myself even though I was nowhere near the action.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Some guy on cutthroat kitchen was using a mandolin without the hand guard & it kinda triggered me a little

Umm, am I missing something here?

Mandolin as I know it is a musical instrument and I don't know how you can injure yourself with it with or without a hand guard...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Some guy on cutthroat kitchen was using a mandolin without the hand guard & it kinda triggered me a little

Umm, am I missing something here?

Mandolin as I know it is a musical instrument and I don't know how you can injure yourself with it with or without a hand guard...

That was my bad. The slicer is called a mandoline. The instrument is a mandolin.

Googling simply mandolin gives me only the musical instrument, I had no idea a slicer is also called mandoline slicer.

Keep talking and nobody explodes is an awesome game for a smaller event.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Canadian, same difference; I'm from Patriot land, what do I know

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Most of the time I am on top of the world. Everybody knows me. I can't go out without anyone recognizing me.

And then I check the instagram or sth of my friends. Everybody has a closer knit tight community of friends. They are always everywhere. Birthday parties of 100+ people. School endings with 30+ people.

And then there is me. Last birthday I had 6 guests.

When I finished high school, one mate from my previous school came to congratulate me.

At social events, I am often looking from the sidelines how everybody else is in a group. Even if I am the one who has organized and created the event.

I feel like jumping off the balcony quite often.

The fact that 2 of me friends have already committed suicide does not help to the case...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Just because you're in the social scene doesnt mean you have a strong connection. I could throw a party of easily 100 people if I really got my act together, but I don't even want that anymore. I actually much prefer to be with a handful of people, since when you're at such a gathering you only really get to talk to a handful of people properly anyway. Perhaps its time to start inviting only a person or two out for a night and enjoy each other instead of waving new social circles.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The thing is, I am inviting like 5 people max when I go out, but the train is already gone, they already have next challenges...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Most of the time I am on top of the world. Everybody knows me. I can't go out without anyone recognizing me.

And then I check the instagram or sth of my friends. Everybody has a closer knit tight community of friends. They are always everywhere. Birthday parties of 100+ people. School endings with 30+ people.

When I finished high school, one mate from my previous school came to congratulate me.

At social events, I am often looking from the sidelines how everybody else is in a group. Even if I am the one who has organized and created the event.

The fact that 2 of me friends have already committed suicide does not help to the case...

Idk if this happens in Estonia, but in America, a restaurant manager is expected to go around to each table and make sure they're having a good time, that the service is alright, and that the food/drinks are all good. If you organize any event with more than a handful of people, you have the same job. Go up to each group, introduce yourself, talk about the event a little bit, make sure they've tried the food and drinks, make sure they know to help themselves to more if they want, and let them know about any future events that you're planning. If it's more of a party than an event, you should try to introduce groups to each other, especially groups that are closer to the fringes of your social circle. Make sure that nobody else is sitting on the sidelines. Try to chat with each group for a bit. Just don't make awkward conversation.

If you're at an event that you aren't hosting and you don't really know anyone there, just pick a group and ask if you can hang with them for a bit since you don't know anyone there. As long as you're cool (and you probably are), they shouldn't have a problem with that.

As for having people congratulate you, wish you happy birthday, etc., it comes down to what you put in. If you wish someone happy birthday, they'll probably wish you happy birthday when the time comes. If you congratulate someone for graduating, they'll congratulate you when they see that you're graduating.

As for finding friends as adults, good luck lol. Almost everyone that I talk to is either related to me or someone I know from online. That was not the case when I was in college.

Hey dude, just keep in mind that instagram isnt an accurate reflection of people's lives by any means. People only post about the best nights they're having rather than the nights where they cant find anything to do and end up sitting at home watching netflix. Everyone has good or bad nights, you just can't put that much weight into the image people express on social media. Your brain also isn't doing any favors to you because the fact that you want these things that you think your friends have is causing it to highlight these more, making you pay more attention to these types of posts and making it seem like you're relatively much worse off than you really are.

I can completely relate on the event planning thing to. I used to struggle a lot with self-validation because I would judge my self worth by how many people would come to parties I threw. If I couldn't get at least 30 people to come to a party I threw I felt like a failure and like I was losing friends, which is completely ridiculous. Its also really common for people at events to group up with people they know; if you're throwing the event, you're likely the only one who knows everybody. However, if you know anybody there its completely reasonable to go up to anyone you know and say hi and bounce between groups throughout the night.

However, I really have only started getting over this recently when I began focusing on hanging out with smaller groups of closer people rather than trying to cram everybody together for the sake of making the party look bigger, and now I've been having a lot more fun doing that and hanging out with individual closer groups of people. I always felt like I was never in any given friend group as much as anyone else I hung out with was. However, the fact that these people will go to your events or hang out with you means a lot and these feelings are probably more based in depression than fact, which is something I've been slowly coming to realize as I've struggled with getting over my own depression. Quality relationships can just do so much more positive work on your mental health than judging yourself based on the quantity of people you talk to.

I really hope you don't decide to go down that dark path, dude. You have so much more life left and so many more happy memories to come to throw it away on a balcony. Feelings of social isolation are truly some of the hardest feelings to deal with. I spent a large portion of this last year of school contemplating those kinds of thoughts, but I was always able to talk to my closest friends when times got to their darkest and could rely on them to help me feel appreciated and pull me out of that irrational, drastic state. I'm sure that you have people that care about you enough to do the same. 

• Like 1