Today...

Leoo

I mean Norway has the same travel ability as the UK despite not being in the EU

Fair point. Though the more I read about it, the more it seems like 52% just voted for a lot of short-and long-term uncertainty because... immigrants or something?

What was the leave side arguing for, anyway?

I mean Norway has the same travel ability as the UK despite not being in the EU

Fair point. Though the more I read about it, the more it seems like 52% just voted for a lot of short-and long-term uncertainty because... immigrants or something?

What was the leave side arguing for, anyway?

I think immigrants and the blame for terrorism probably nudged it that way. It certainly came as a surprise to the financial markets this morning though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Norway, Iceland and Switzerland also pay helluva lot to have these agreements in place that allow free movement of people and goods.

I am quite certain that Scotland will have a new national referendum about leaving Britain and Northern Irish Prime Minister already called for a referendum for joining the two Irelands together.

As was seen on the voters map aswell, larger cities were in favour of remaining, however the countryside wanted to leave. Old people came out and [bleep]ed up the future prospects of young people, who now have to face the proposition of being closed down in UK.

You see, the best thing about EU is that I can work and travel and do pretty much anything in any member state even without a passport. No visas, no border controls, no anything actually. Also all Estonian goods for example could be sold without any tolls anywhere in the EU. Like 10 of my classmates, some of the most brilliant minds in my country went to UK to universities, since it was easy and cheap and excellent education there. Lots of European students and well, more active and smarter people have left Estonia to have a better life in Britain. And those who leave here are usually the smartest... Not gonna happen anymore.

Britain walled itself out of Europe. No more cheap holidays in Spain for example. No more cheap holidays anywhere, since pound is well, quite worthless right now... :D

And EU as a whole is a multiple times larger economic partner to UK than USA is, think of the distance, for example.

The pound dropped that massively because seriously young and intelligent people, who are also vocal on the internet had no idea that the leave part was so large. People have no idea what they lose with leaving the EU. It speaks volumes that even the leaders of the Leave part were seriously surprised and a few even mentioned that they are not responsible for the vote results.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Sorry for double post, but had to share that:

"Overnight the UK economy has already slumped from the fifth largest in the world to sixth.

More than £200 billion has already been wiped from the value of the UK stock market - or put another way, 24 years' worth of UK contributions to the EU."

Source - http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/8-of-the-most-misleading-promises-of-the-vote-leave-campaign-ranked-in-order-of-preposterousness--WyxD59VO3Nb

The Independent is a rather reputable news source.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Sorry for double post, but had to share that:

"Overnight the UK economy has already slumped from the fifth largest in the world to sixth.

More than £200 billion has already been wiped from the value of the UK stock market - or put another way, 24 years' worth of UK contributions to the EU."

Source - http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/8-of-the-most-misleading-promises-of-the-vote-leave-campaign-ranked-in-order-of-preposterousness--WyxD59VO3Nb

The Independent is a rather reputable news source.

It's kind of irrelevant though and a knee-jerk reaction (at least for now). Looking up a chart indicates that Monday-Thursday it rose the same amount as the final loss for today. One day stock corrections make a lot of headlines but you need a longer time frame to draw any meaningful conclusions and it will depend on whatever decisions the leadership makes going forward.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

A lot of day traders just got very wealthy though

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm jealous, I only saw one post about it on my feed and it was about how the British Pound tanked. I'd love to hear more about the political climate in EU/UK right now

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Yeah the whole situation seems messy. From what I've heard, they voted themselves into a recession because they're afraid of brown people

If I were you I'd seek out some more reasonable news sources...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Grumble grumble Britain grumble grumble.

I voted by proxy and I'm living in Italy right now and all my Italian colleagues at work are making me laugh about it cause tbh I can't put any emotion into politics ever anymore since a couple of votes I've made have been useless except for the mayor of London lol. I voted for London mayor two days after landing from Canada and made preparations for this referendum before I flew out to Italy.

But yeah I am loving living in Italy, I've had a blast teaching English and to have good feedback from parents of the kids I teach has been wonderful. I do think I need to control my anger and patience a little but otherwise yeah pretty good. My host family always say I don't act like their impression of an English person because I'm friendly lol. I do need to stop saying [bleep] and being blunt. I've picked up a lot of helpful words in Italian, "stop" obviously is ineffective.

I'm moving to a town of 6000 inhabitants tomorrow in a region called Basilicata. I've gone from being responsible for 96 children to 24, (obviously with the help of a larger team of staff)

Also your post made me mad saq and it's not your fault or what you wrote it's just that whyyy ffs I literally hate the electorate of my country lol

Honestly poor [bleep]ing Scotland man. This is so shit for them. I'll always vote but I'm kinda disenfranchised. Got loads of people gearing up to leave lol

Well, currently the political climate in EU is that Britain, GTFO as quickly as possible.

Even Nigel [bleep]ing Farage admitted on TV that the Leave campaign was partly based on lies, most specifically the £350m to NHS per week, which was one of the main arguments of the whole case. And complete and utter bullshit.

Pretty much everyone was surprised by the outcome, also the pro-Leave campaigners.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Well, currently the political climate in EU is that Britain, GTFO as quickly as possible.

Even Nigel [bleep]ing Farage admitted on TV that the Leave campaign was partly based on lies, most specifically the £350m to NHS per week, which was one of the main arguments of the whole case. And complete and utter bullshit.

Pretty much everyone was surprised by the outcome, also the pro-Leave campaigners.

I know. Lol.

People bought into it.

Variety of reasons for voting leave but I think a lot of the voting was based on emotion rather than actually looking at the economy.

I know very little about the economy but I know it can change easily whereas immigration won't just lessen automatically which is what a lot of leave voters really want

I have wanted to move to Canada since my year abroad but this has just cemented my resolve to move somewhere else even if it's not Canada.

I'm bored of a political climate that's so toxic all the time but more importantly I want to start a new life properly

Edited by MuffinMaddy

Yeah the whole situation seems messy. From what I've heard, they voted themselves into a recession because they're afraid of brown people

If I were you I'd seek out some more reasonable news sources...

I'm just going off the Twitters of some British musicians I listen to. If that's not a "reasonable news source", I don't know what is

The political problems the UK has exist everywhere..... you're not going to find a utopian society where everyone agrees on everything and the politicians are perfect.

polvCwJ.gif

So are people allowed to react to them? :v

Of course, but saying you're going to move because of political unrest (at least from the UK to Canada or a similar western country) implies the thought that there won't be similar issues at your destination.

polvCwJ.gif

Of course, but saying you're going to move because of political unrest (at least from the UK to Canada or a similar western country) implies the thought that there won't be similar issues at your destination.

What are you trying to say?

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Fight me

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

Fight me

Oh god TIF is just like [insert country here]'s government!

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Anyways, life goes on as it always has been, people in Britain will survive, even if they have to receive cuts in their paychecks and the prices will rise, however, most of the world makes do with much less.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc