Today...

Leoo

And another 4 days off gone like a poof. Visited the biggest amusement park in the country with my brothers and that was about it. Now 10 more days of work until my best mate comes and we can finally do a proper roadtrip.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Finally finished with summer school today, and my final school year starts in two weeks. I am so glad that summer is coming to an end for me. I'm ready for school and the fall.

This whole week has been [bleep]ed.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I've gotten the website for the Funeral Services Department (FSE) to the point I can register students/clients, and clients (funeral homes) can create/edit/view apprenticeships and edit their profile. The client stuff is pretty much done, just got to add students stuff then support for admins (e.g., instructors and me). Should be done by the end of the week... Then it's a matter of styling it so it doesn't look like crap and getting feedback from the FSE.

Python and Flask are pretty awesome!

I woke up at midnight and haven't been able to fall asleep. Mania, lol. I've cleaned the house from top to bottom, cleaned my car, ran a bunch of errands, rode my bike, worked on the FSE website, worked on my game ... The motivation and energy just doesn't stop. I hope I can fall asleep tonight.

ozXHe7P.png

I got some micro fiber sheets from Amazon and I've never been more excited to go to bed

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I can't handle anything other than cotton or linen as bedsheets. Just, eugh.

In about a week and a half my best mate is coming over and we'll be having an epic road trip. Shame me mum and brothers are also along, so the car is gonna be packed, but I hope it's gonna be all good.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I always assumed rs classic was more popular, tbh. I'm a little surprised.

Edit: oh, classic, not 07. Okay, less surprising.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I always assumed rs classic was more popular, tbh. I'm a little surprised.

Edit: oh, classic, not 07. Okay, less surprising.

It was essentially getting to the point that cheating was too rampant and things were starting to break left and right, so they wanted to just let it sunset gracefully instead of breaking completely.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yeah, they ran a promo recently where you can play RS3 as a member for free for a month. My brother was trying to convince me to play with him, but the more he talked about it the less appealing it sounded. Just so much grinding. And clicking. And for What? Some fireworks? Its Just not a fun game anymore.

yeah, in hindsight, RS was basically designed to get you hooked on a false sense of productivity/accomplishment lol

though, having my 15 minutes of fame with my low level fire cape did feel like a legit personal achievement. sometimes I'd log on and wear it around Edgeville on the main PK worlds and have crowds of people freak out and follow me around :lol: that was pretty awesome

77yLQy8.png

My first, and so far only 99 took ages. And I remember I had a crowd celebrating it with me. But that was like 6 years ago.

And hot damn, it's gotten cold here. Minus degrees on nights.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

So my manager said no for now to the supervisor position... He said a lot of nice things about my work though which was nice.

I mean, it's a relief in a way (there's no way they'd pay enough to match my income + SSDI, and their insurance would be worse than Medicare + Medicaid), but... I'm still very disappointed I guess.

Also the FSE apprenticeship website is coming along nicely:

UiSgE6N.png

[hide]...it's only taken me 11 hours so far. I probably have another 10-15 to go. And I'm being paid $25 hour. Why aren't I a slower programmer. :([/hide]

Edited by Veiva

ozXHe7P.png

Yeah, they ran a promo recently where you can play RS3 as a member for free for a month. My brother was trying to convince me to play with him, but the more he talked about it the less appealing it sounded. Just so much grinding. And clicking. And for What? Some fireworks? Its Just not a fun game anymore.

The main point is to get through that clicking and grind (which isn't that much effort anymore, even) so you can do more fun things like learn and fight team bosses together. I think pvm is a pretty large fraction of the community at this point.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I guess I never really experienced the team play stuff, as I was never a member. I remember when bounty hunting came out though, and that was kinda neat for a while

Lol the worst part about me not getting that position is someone else actually got it.

...someone who wouldn't know RAM is. Someone who started working at the same time as me.

Ok.

Oh and everyone else knew about it but me apparently.

ozXHe7P.png

That person's also more likely to stay in that position for far longer than you woul have, and they know that. Which would mean they'd have to hire another person sooner. Corporate likes to keep turnover low. They'd rather let go of someone with potential if it meant keeping a consistant valuable drone. Take it as a compliment.

• Like 1

So I got a proposition from the company I interned at. They need someone who has experience with GraphQL.

For one, I have experience with GraphQL thanks to my internship. And secondly, I have experience with their product's usage of GraphQL. (I added Facebook metrics and a bunch of queries).

This would be nice if it's more of a permanent position and less of a temporary one. In a way it'd be like poetic justice...

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

My parents are coming to Texas in about 2 weeks. My dad got us tickets for one of the pre-season games. Cowboys vs. Cardinals. Not gonna lie, i'm hella excited. 

Come to Philly if you want to see a real football game

If you're not kidding, ill come out to a bar. If you mean tonight, I'd prefer a smaller place, like handle bar or brown st pub. I'm on the train with a bunch of wiz khalifa fans right now and that's just about my threshold for crowds for the night.

The job proposal was just for a temporary gig. We're just treating it as a continuation of the internship due to SSDI.

I went to Hot Topic looking for some boots for a Johnny the Homicidal Maniac cosplay I'd like to do in October. They didn't have boots, but they had a cute Harry Potter cardigan on clearance. It was woman's, but... I don't care lol.

I think I look cute. My female coworkers reactions were adorable lol.

Am I ready for Hogwarts? :P

[hide]p8iRQkD.jpg[/hide]

Should I use that on my Tinder???? /s

ozXHe7P.png