Today...

Leoo

So today I met the administrator of NASA Jim Bridenstine.

Oh wow, I bet that was interesting o.o. Why did you meet him? lol

Today I tried playing ArenaScape and saw it was still down, so I sent messages to the tip.it administrators <.<...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Oh wow, that sounds very, very, very cool!! Never used the HoloLens myself but damn, that's like the stuff from science fiction movies huh? :P

I imagine I will be seeing your work in the news sometime in the future xD.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I downloaded a pdf from nasa's website to try and dox you, and then saw it was 144 pages long and decided it wasnt worth the effort.

Edit: Lol, you posted that after I loaded the page but before I posted. Gg

• Like 2

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

XP pop ups let you know the NPC is more efficient than you... Because the NPC never eats or rests. The NPC never stops.

2UCzXtZ.gif

cdxUdtL.gif

Skeleton Miner Joe there wielding an iron pickaxe, which the player won't have access to until after the tutorial. Lol so unfair.

You can attack him, too, but he'll kick your ass.

oDFLzm6.gif

I've broken the world up into chunks. For example, Isabelle Island (aka Tutorial Island) is tier 1 so bronze, etc; Rumbridge (aka Lumbridge) is tier 10, so iron, etc; and so on. After I finish Isabelle Island I'm going to implement the DLC system so I can start working on content in private. I don't want the whole game to be open source--just the core components & Isabelle Island.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Friends don't let friends micro transact!

As for doxxing ourselves, a good portion of us have opened up a great deal about ourselves here. It would only take a little determination to find most of us (there was even a Facebook request thread a few years back, so I know for a fact some of you know exactly who I am)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

No, yeah, it's definitely not that hard to do, especially now that we're adults and will appear in whitepages.com or whatever.

I will forever be sad that I can no longer see my true post count. Worst update TIF ever did.

you talking about the switch from phpbb? pretty sure post counts came over...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I will forever be sad that I can no longer see my true post count. Worst update TIF ever did.

Before the switch, your profile showed your total post count, even on boards that don't increment the one below your avatar. That's no longer there, and all the workarounds I used to know no longer work.
  • Like 1

Before the switch, your profile showed your total post count, even on boards that don't increment the one below your avatar. That's no longer there, and all the workarounds I used to know no longer work.

yeah but forum games posts aren't real posts anyway

fight me

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

yeah but forum games posts aren't real posts anyway

fight me

[bleep] you [bleep]

At least it isn't literally counting in designated increments to fluff post count

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your grandma Saw. And I would've posted sooner, but I had no internet and just got to my new place now...

I have to pay $60 for them to come and set up my internet/router because it won't work. I bought it two days ago, don't know why it won't work. I called up the company that makes the router and they, after some prodding, admitted their instruction book is wrong. It says a certain light should be on before activating service and apparently it's the other way around. So I guess I have no choice but to pay them on Friday, unless anyone here has suggestions. Oh well.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Pretty bull shit that their manual is straight wrong but they continue to package it that way.

So I mentioned I'd /prefer/ to by they/them/their pronouns but don't really /care/ (I find it cute when people call me ma'am on the phone, for example, it makes me happy for some reason) and this dude says...

Do you honestly believe others should respect that?

If I say I prefer to be called "God" instead of any pronouns should you call me God?

Would you feel comfortable doing so?

What if I prefer to be called "RAPE!" instead? It must not be whispered or spoken, but screamed. At least, if you intend to respect my wishes. Is that OK?

What does any of it matter anyway? If you are confused about your gender why must the rest of us be? If you're dressed feminine enough to convince me that you're a woman then congratulations, I'll probably use female pronouns. If you look like a man in a dress I'm probably going to try to avoid contact because you'll look a little bit unstable to me, but if forced to interact I'll probably be using male pronouns by nature.

I don't understand what could be offensive about being called what you appear to be.

It's like dressing up like a police officer and getting offended when somebody calls you a cop or asks for your help. You might not actually be a cop, but if you look like a cop you can't blame people for mistaking you for one.

Lol, it's like the "homosexual marriage will lead to peeps marrying animals and children and objects!" argument.

It's a game programming forum who only has pretty much incels and misogynists and [wagon]s as active posters. I visit it every once and a while to check if a new version of Allegro was released and see what games people are making.

I like this forum so much better.

• Like 2

ozXHe7P.png

I agree with this.

"It's like dressing up like a police officer and getting offended when somebody calls you a cop or asks for your help. You might not actually be a cop, but if you look like a cop you can't blame people for mistaking you for one."

Made up pronouns are pretty retarded too, but if someone really needs to be addressed a different way I certainly wouldn't intentionally use the wrong pronoun.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

So I've run into a problem where I need to print off a couple hundred pages for a TTRPG I'm running in a couple weeks, but I don't have a printer that works, and I don't actually know where I could go to print them...

Anybody ever run into this problem? I don't wanna just print 200 pages at work, so other options?

Staples charges like $0.02/page B/W I think. Or it may be $0.05/page? It's cheaper than printing it yourself unless you buy a tank printer or something like a Brother inkvestment printer, but those start at $150. They include enough ink to print 2000+ pages in the box, though and the ink is cheap as chips ($20 for a black cartridge that can print anywhere from 2000-6000 pages).

You can bring a thumbdrive with the document on it, or email [email protected] and show the copy & print associate the receipt. It's ezpz.

re: pronouns, asking someone to use gender-neutral pronouns isn't anything like asking someone to use made-up pronouns, so I was pointing out the slippery slope. I've never encountered a non-cis person who wants custom pronouns; typically they either want the gender they identify as or gender-neutral. I guess those 'snowflakes' as conservatives call them exist but I've dated and met /a lot/ of non-cis in the past few months (thanks Jacks Tap, etc) and never met one.

As a decent human being I'd still use custom pronouns because I'm not a dick but what do you know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also there's a low (high?) chance that because I got paid 5 times in August my SSDI is gonna go kaput. Since I'm in the trial work period I'm not /too/ worried--for 36 months after I lose SSDI, if I make less than ~$1,200 in a month I'll still receive an SSDI payment. Which gives me 3 years to figure out something lol. Also, even after my benefits end, I can continue keeping Medicare... so that's a relief. Assuming they don't come up with an excuse and say I'm no longer qualified prior for reasons other than that idk.

ozXHe7P.png

Yeah like when they ask what breed my dog is, it's perfectly polite and normal, but if I ask what breed they are, they get offended

I really don't understand why some people are so shitty about gender stuff.

When someone sees my dog and ask what his name is I say, "Her name is Diva." and that's that.

They don't double down after being corrected, or insist that she "looks like a male." They don't start talking about genitals, or chromosomes, or reproductive capacity. Why is it such a problem when we're talking about a person?

is your dog trans?

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah like when they ask what breed my dog is, it's perfectly polite and normal, but if I ask what breed they are, they get offended

Which breed are you?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Is that relevant? If she tells me I'm using the wrong pronouns, I'm not going to argue with her.

Does your dog tell you to use a preferred pronoun?

polvCwJ.gif