What accents do you like?

oegly41

I hear that NZ has an absolutely terrible accent to hear, I obviously wouldn't know.

Yeh bro.

And with the people saying Californians have no accent, they do. Everyone does. I haven't heard a Californian speak (that I know of), but I reckon they would have that yank accent that ya'll have.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that NZ has an absolutely terrible accent to hear, I obviously wouldn't know, but my parents moved to England for a while before I was born and when they came back they said it wasn't a nice thing to hear :P

I don't really have an accent my self :P

Hah

ahahahaha that whale sounds exactly like one of my mates,

I've always loved to make fun of the Filipino and Vietnamese accents since a lot of FOB asians live near my area :lol:

kirby-sig.gif

I'm very fond of the true Received Pronunciation, also known as Oxford English or 'posh'. It's both a pleasure and a torture to listen to, say, Emma Thompson or Alan Rickman. I'll never ever have that accent, English being my second/third language.

I'm also very fond of the Irish accent.

As for Dutch, I prefer the Flemish accent over the Holland accent. It's softer, too many Dutch consonants are turning voiceless (z becomes s, b becomes p, v becomes f, d becomes t). And they tend to use far too many diphtongues.

Aussie Accents ftw

You read my mind. Any girl with that accent makes me go weak at the knees.

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

Well I know that to people from the south or somewhere people in California would sound different. I mean that if you just listen people from California just speak plainly.

Ok, so you're saying that people who aren't from California hear an accent in the way Californians speak? That's what I'm saying as well. That just means you're in the exact same boat as everyone else.

Because, you see, if I just listen to a Californian person speak, I hear the rolled 'r's of the American accent. It's not "plain" to my ears - it's all subjective and depends on where the listener is from.

I know if you are form somewhere else any place sounds different. All I mean is that Californians speak in a kind of simple, plain. It's like news anchors almost.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

I know if you are form somewhere else any place sounds different. All I mean is that Californians speak in a kind of simple, plain. It's like news anchors almost.

Even though most people experience their own accent or dialect as "just plain", there is no universal version of "just plain". What you might experience as "just plain" still is an accent.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

Well I know that to people from the south or somewhere people in California would sound different. I mean that if you just listen people from California just speak plainly.

Ok, so you're saying that people who aren't from California hear an accent in the way Californians speak? That's what I'm saying as well. That just means you're in the exact same boat as everyone else.

Because, you see, if I just listen to a Californian person speak, I hear the rolled 'r's of the American accent. It's not "plain" to my ears - it's all subjective and depends on where the listener is from.

So you mean the way Californians speak is simple and plain? Simple and plain according to who? To people from California? So that means it's not so simple and plain to others, right? Ok, glad we cleared that up.

So you mean the way Californians speak is simple and plain? Simple and plain according to who? To people from California? So that means it's not so simple and plain to others, right? Ok, glad we cleared that up.

Well I would think it would seem plain to anyone. You can clearly hear accents of people from New York, the South, or some other places. It's not really just California though. When I was in Montana I didn't hear an accent. That may have been because I never left the airport though. I don't think people from D.C. really had accents either.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

Well I would think it would seem plain to anyone. You can clearly hear accents of people from New York, the South, or some other places. It's not really just California though. When I was in Montana I didn't hear an accent. That may have been because I never left the airport though. I don't think people from D.C. really had accents either.

Not everyone lives in America, jack. You're really not helping the image of the stereotypical American.

Here, let me give you an example of why the Californian accent isn't "plain" to "anyone":

I'm from Australia.

You might have to turn the globe anticlockwise a little. The other side of the Pacific Ocean should do it.

Seriously jack, no offence and i'm sure you're a great guy in real life but you're probably the most frustrating person to talk to on these forums.

I love the Irish accent. Could listen to an Irishman for hours.

Ha, my friend just visited Ireland for two weeks. Apparantly its almost impossible to understand them, they just talk way to fast in that accent (coming from him, who was raised in ireland for a while and still speaks with a slight accent)

For a woman, I really like the british, australian, and japanese accents.

Not everyone lives in America, jack. You're really not helping the image of the stereotypical American.

Here, let me give you an example of why the Californian accent isn't "plain" to "anyone":

I'm from Australia.

You might have to turn the globe anticlockwise a little. The other side of the Pacific Ocean should do it.

Seriously jack, no offence and i'm sure you're a great guy in real life but you're probably the most frustrating person to talk to on these forums.

Well thanks. I am a great guy.

I get what your saying. That no accent sounds normal to people from somewhere else.

What I'm saying is that Californians just speak like news anchors.

I like to laugh at the Hong Kee Tong (Hong Kong.Sorry,but I'm racist =P) accent.

Harlo.I em Hendly Chow.I em,lepping fo yoo todei.Sumting abou a har laif becau mai laif i har.

I laughed my [wagon] out of my pants and back in listening to that.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

French person speaking good english.

Australian is also pretty nice.

When I heard a girl from a band I like speak she sounded funny and nice, from somewhere in America.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

For a woman, I really like the british, australian, and japanese accents.

Not to sound finicky, but Japanese itself doesnt strictly have an accent. Theres only one set way to say things in Japanese (of course, different dialects may use different vocabulary etc).

Observe;

figures_sounds.png

Its just that English has too many sounds and they cant get their mouths around them. For instance, Japanese doesnt have an L sound, so they have to use an R instead (same for V and B, respectively). Of course, their grammar is also complete lolwut compared to ours, so they say things wrongly.

Though im sure what youre talking about is the stereotypical goofy "Herro, you are the English speaker? I practice speak with you, yes?" speaking.

knkcopy.jpg

austrian "i'll be back" ::'

me too....

"Crickey!"

"Bloody Hell!"

"G'day mate"

(Austrian, not Australian. :P )

Norwegian is bad Swedish. Danish is bad Norwegian. :P

All those three languages come from Old Norse... However, the plaque killed all the Norwegians who could write, hence a lot of our language died with them, so now we speak Danish, just understandable.

Dsavi, you have just been wrong'd!

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!