Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

Clannad hasn't had as much of an effect on me this time, but I guess last time was because it was the first anime I really watched. I do like how it revels in its own melodrama, like Kanon, but that one was far more upsetting.

Well, Kanon/Clannad/Air are all KEY produced games before they were animu, so it stands to reason that theyd have similiar effects.

But I agree that Kanon was a lot worse. The gradual decrease with Makoto reverting and then the revelation with Ayu... Honestly, if I admitted to watching such things I would be outcast as a complete wuss. And its strange that ill willingly watch these dramas in animu form but I cant stomach anything even remotely similiar in normal drama.

knkcopy.jpg

Its physically impossible to NOT cry at the end of the makoto arc. Same with the fuko arc as well, since they are the same bloody character.

If im honest, I didnt as much for Fuuko as I did for Makoto. Fuuko's arc just seemed to drag on and on and you could really see the direction it was going. But Makoto's slow slip into a vegetable combined with Yuuichi re-teaching her to live was so ;_;.

Plus, Makoto? More like MOEkoto.

1193400412838.jpg

knkcopy.jpg

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Chibi Vampire, Goth (based on the novel), Strawberry Panic!, Kannazuki no Miko, and Death Note (manga was boring though) Thinking about reading Higurashi and Fate/Stay Night.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Death Note (manga was boring though)

What? Thats backwards. The mango was far more entertaining than the animu.

Thinking about reading Higurashi and Fate/Stay Night.

Ick. If you want to know their story at least play the original VNs. Any mango/animu based on a VN tend to butcher the storyline to make it fit to what they want often leaving out key parts in the story and what-not.

knkcopy.jpg

Death Note

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Lucky Star

Naruto

Bleach

Full Metal Alchemist

I think my next thing I'm after watching is Higurashi and Elfen Lied and they promise to be up on my favorites too methinks.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Death Note

Lucky Star

Ok, forgiven.

Naruto

Bleach

Full Metal Alchemist

1222374489000.jpg

I think my next thing I'm after watching is Higurashi and Elfen Lied and they promise to be up on my favorites too methinks.

Higurashi isnt bad, enjoy your getting taken home. And Elfen Lied is a weird one. Its pretty good if youre looking for a dark(er) series, but it doesnt offer much more than that. After reading the mango, id have to say I prefer it to the animu. Some of the scenes just make more sense and things are laid out a lot better.

What an awesome series.

Isnt that 'metapod' some sort of mascot character for something? I swear ive seen it before associated with something but I cant put my finger on it.

knkcopy.jpg

What an awesome series.

Isnt that 'metapod' some sort of mascot character for something? I swear ive seen it before associated with something but I cant put my finger on it.

Eh I have no idea, but all I know is that Hidamari Sketch is VERY relevant to my interests. Yoshinoya is hot and Yuno is cute.

:awesome:

Also, NAGI IS A [bleep]

Death Note

Lucky Star

Ok, forgiven.

Naruto

Bleach

Full Metal Alchemist

1222374489000.jpg

Higurashi isnt bad, enjoy your getting taken home. And Elfen Lied is a weird one. Its pretty good if youre looking for a dark(er) series, but it doesnt offer much more than that. After reading the mango, id have to say I prefer it to the animu. Some of the scenes just make more sense and things are laid out a lot better.

Yeah I totally know what you mean with the Naruto/Bleach/yadayada super massive ultra high powered Shonen-Jump anime, but you've still gotta watch some of it I guess...

Yeah I've been told Elfen is much darker but it should still be fairly good. A friend told me Air Gear too, I'll probably watch that as well as soon as I get the time.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

You threw FMA in the same category as Naruto and Bleach? What?

[X] Shounen

[X] Stupid hand/symbol gestures

[X] Powerlevels

[X] Homoerotic 'brotherly' love

[X] >50 episodes

[X] Stupid followers

It ticks all the boxes.

I only watch boring anime. If it isn't deep and philosophical or doesn't involve four lolis sitting around a table, then I don't wanna watch it.

I know exactly what you mean.

1191609479431.jpg

knkcopy.jpg

">50 episodes"

only JUST.

and secondly, FMA fans are nowhere NEAR as [developmentally delayed]ed as naruto fans, and death note fans are even bloody worse and that only has 37 episodes. And oh christ code geass fangirls... good god.

Tk5SF.png

True there is nothing wrong with FMA so it's ok. Bleach is acceptable. Death Note is also ok if you like to see people die. One Piece got [cabbage] up by 4Kids and even if it wasn't I doubt anyone would still like it. Naruto on the other hand being a very popular shonen anime has a lot of problems when it comes to fans and the story itself. Sure maybe it can be overrated depending on the person but at least it didn't come into contact with the menace known as 4Kids TV.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

only JUST.

3 pints is only JUST over the limit.

and secondly, FMA fans are nowhere NEAR as [developmentally delayed] as naruto fans, and death note fans are even bloody worse and that only has 37 episodes. And oh christ code geass fangirls... good god.

Go to anime-cons, learn the truth.

DN fans arent so much annoying as tedious. Though they can be.

And yeah, geass does get attention in the wrong way at times.

Why cant people just suppress their power levels? Jesus.

True there is nothing wrong with FMA so it's ok. Bleach is acceptable.

No and no.

Death Note is also ok if you like to see people die.

Debatable.

One Piece got [cabbage] up by 4Kids and even if it wasn't I doubt anyone would still like it.

SET FAIL FOR ONE PIECE was, is and always will be rubbish.

Naruto on the other hand being a very popular stupid shonen anime has a lot of problems when it comes to fans braindead puppets and the story [it has a story?] itself. Sure maybe it can be is overrated

Fix'd.

knkcopy.jpg

Hellsing! <3: the last chapter was a bit.. wierd. though.. Death Note is brilliant until a certain person dies.. The story becomes so much slower and what's up with the ending? :shock: I'm also reading Naruto, used to watch, but they totally ruined the anime now.. -.- oh, almost forgot to mention one piece <3: and blue dragon :D

Pyre_Of_Gods.png

Hey C_E why do you just love to screw up my sentences over anime? That's pretty much the saddest thing you can do to someone. And by the way this is the "What's Your Favorite Manga/Anime" topic not the "What's the Best Manga/Anime On the Planet" topic. The way I look at it you treat this like the Presidential Debate when someone mentions the wrong kind of anime. I have a right to say what's my favorite like everyone else.

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

only JUST.

3 pints is only JUST over the limit.

and secondly, FMA fans are nowhere NEAR as [developmentally delayed] as naruto fans, and death note fans are even bloody worse and that only has 37 episodes. And oh christ code geass fangirls... good god.

Go to anime-cons, learn the truth.

DN fans arent so much annoying as tedious. Though they can be.

And yeah, geass does get attention in the wrong way at times.

Why cant people just suppress their power levels? Jesus.

53 is a helluva lot less than 298 (I think thats what naruto is now.. stopped watching at about 230. Seriously, the fillers were the best bit of the show, I bloody love the filler episodes. It actually becomes a good show because, if you set aside the fact that its naruto, its a really good ninja based comedy.)(and yes I've seen shinobuden.)

I would much rather spend time with a FMA fan, and hell, even a naruto fan, than a person who decides to crossplay some obscure eroge character, smells faintly of a mixture of sweat and big macs, and practically starts [bleep] in public whenever he sees some delicious flat chest.

not pointing any fingers at all here. Just saying that on a list of people who attend cons, naruto fans arent the worst (although they sure as hell arent anywhere near the top)

Tk5SF.png

Hey C_E why do you just love to screw fix up my sentences over anime anything? That's pretty much the saddest greatest thing you can do to someone.

Well, I do try. Sometimes you just have to take these things into hand and if I dont, who will?

Stop acting like im on a vendetta against you, ive corrected many other people in this thread alone.

And by the way this is the "What's Your Favorite Manga/Anime" topic not the "What's the Best Manga/Anime On the Planet" topic. The way I look at it you treat this like the Presidential Debate when someone mentions the wrong kind of anime.

I thought youd given up on the whole "Heehee, im so clever starting a flame war" thing. And im not turning it into a "presidential debate", im righting peoples wrongs. You wouldnt let someone do drugs that you knew about without at least telling them its not good for them, right? If youre going to watch such blithering rubbish as NAHROOTOH or Detergent, you can go ahead, im not stopping you - im just saying its bad and you should feel bad for watching it.

I have a right to say what's my favorite like everyone else.

Ok, but youre still wrong.

53 is a helluva lot less than 298 (I think thats what naruto is now.. stopped watching at about 230. Seriously, the fillers were the best bit of the show, I bloody love the filler episodes. It actually becomes a good show because, if you set aside the fact that its naruto, its a really good ninja based comedy.)(and yes I've seen shinobuden.)

True, but they could atleast get a storyline and stick to it. Like, plot advancement? It tends to happen in, well, anything.

I would much rather spend time with a FMA fan, and hell, even a naruto fan, than a person who decides to crossplay some obscure eroge character, smells faintly of a mixture of sweat and big macs, and practically starts [bleep] in public whenever he sees some delicious flat chest.

Just because my cologne is of a different "taste"..

And DFC is lacking in the 3D world. DATTEBAYO, right?

not pointing any fingers at all here. Just saying that on a list of people who attend cons, naruto fans arent the worst (although they sure as hell arent anywhere near the top)

I hope that was a mis-spelling there. Every naruto fan I came across was a squealing pile of fat and headband. Of course, they arent #1, not quite atleast. Thats reserved for people like me; elitist bigots who want to not admit theyre into the whole 'scene' but cant help but indulge themselves in it. And by 'it', I mean lolis. OBVIOUSLY.

knkcopy.jpg

I have an idea how about we make fun of Naruto by Abridging it with annoying but funny jokes?

*Prepares for sentence "fixing"*

[hide=]gQXIvNH89pA&fmt=18 [/hide]

I have an idea how about we make fun of Naruto by Abridging it with annoying but funny jokes?

Christ no. Whoever does that needs to be shot with a staple gun in the groin area. The only abridged series I enjoyed was the Yugioh ones.

*Prepares for sentence "fixing"* Done

Happy now?

MU is being a [bleep] to download Kannagi ep7 from at the moment. I dont want your bloody premium, just give me the file.

knkcopy.jpg

dfD9nhODNio&fmt=18

LOL you happy now?

Christ no. Whoever does that needs to be shot with a staple gun in the groin area.

That's cold. Even for you. :shame: