Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

I'm usually not a fan of old animes

That's really depressing and sad.

Ony old ones I like are Initial D, Evagelion, GTO, and Macross.

Oh hell yeah.

I really recommend Space Battleship Yamato and Captain Harlock if you like Macross.

Also the movie Do You Remember Love.

1260955552084-1.jpg

So yeah, this season I've picked up Ookami Kakushi and Durarara. I don't think I'll bother with Dance in the Vampire Bund.

About halfway through Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei atm, and I'l gonna watch Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu when I can be bothered.

I'm slowly watching Naruto: Shippuuden as it comes out dubbed too, watching subbed is too much like hard work for Naruto.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Well, I'm not really into anime/manga, but I remember watching Hunter X Hunter on the TV when I was a kid, and some weeks ago I decided to finally finish watching it, so I watched the OVAS and I'm reading the manga now. I don't know how to rate a manga, but this one seems good, pretty fast paced and all.

16185_s.gif

Live action Akira with Stephen Spielberg as director makes me want to shoot myself. I hear rumors of a live action Evangelion movie by Spielberg. I hope it's all a joke. I hope.

There is a live action death note being made. Zac Efron is "Luke", and the death note corrupts his mind to make him kill people.

Yes. Really.

Also, live action cowboy bebop with Keanu Reeves as Spike. Thats not as bad, but still.

Tk5SF.png

Live action Akira with Stephen Spielberg as director makes me want to shoot myself. I hear rumors of a live action Evangelion movie by Spielberg. I hope it's all a joke. I hope.

There is a live action death note being made. Zac Efron is "Luke", and the death note corrupts his mind to make him kill people.

Yes. Really.

Also, live action cowboy bebop with Keanu Reeves as Spike. Thats not as bad, but still.

Luke? Corrupted by the Death Note?

Oh God :cry:

There. Is. No. Hope. :wall:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Isn't Space Battleship Yamato like a comedy? I remember hearing good things about it.

Eh it has its humour, but much more of a scifi space battle anime. Its a good watch.

No dude, Akira will be amazing. Akira has influenced so many directors in their movies, just like Ghost in the Shell.

I have a feeling Akira will have much respect and attention to detail.

Yes. Really.

L: Luke, use the Death Note.

Luke: "OUCH WHY DID YOU CUT OFF MY HAND?"

Ryuk: Luke, I am your father.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Yes. Really.

Great so now "Luke" will randomly get into song and dances while killing people.

Bebop I knew about. I wish that Japanese live action movies would come out here for longer than a day. I still want to see the live action Vampire Hunter D movies but probably never will. And the US had to wuss out when Battle Royale came out in theaters. That would've been kickass.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Yes. Really.

...Has Zac Efron even SEEN Death Note? Or did he accept the part of most brilliant student in Japan who is "corrupted" by the notebook because he hasn't been in anything since 17 Again?

EDIT: Upon reading his wiki article it says he's been cast for Full Metal Panic!... Which for some reason is being renamed to "Panic". There's nothing about Death Note

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Yes. Really.

...Has Zac Efron even SEEN Death Note? Or did he accept the part of most brilliant student in Japan who is "corrupted" by the notebook because he hasn't been in anything since 17 Again?

EDIT: Upon reading his wiki article it says he's been cast for Full Metal Panic!... Which for some reason is being renamed to "Panic". There's nothing about Death Note

NOOOO! No don't ruin Full Metal Panic! as well! I really liked that and now they're going to just [cabbage] all over it like they've done with Death Note :cry:

I'm in despair. :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

Yes. Really.

OH NO THEY DID NOT JUST TOUCH FULL METAL PANIC.

On the plus side, there will be a massive war between zac efron fangirls and death note fangirls, and it will be goddam hilarious.

Tk5SF.png

Oh gosh, I don't even know what to think about Zac Efron getting involved with ANY anime <_<

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Oh gosh, I don't even know what to think about Zac Efron getting involved with ANY anime <_<

Americans should never go any further than dubbing animes. Even the American animes. They've destroyed Avatar: The Last Airbender.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Americans should never go any further than dubbing animes. Even the American animes. They've destroyed Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Agreed, the American versions of anime are altered/censored waaaay too much. If the Japanese can watch mildly mature material, I don't see why Americans can't.

Some of the dubs suck just as much in my opinion.

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

On the subject of anime dubs being censored:

Original:

English dub:

I literally laughed out loud when he said "Boogie, boogie."

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I've got all the episodes of Shaman King now, it's fun to watch.

I'm still collecting the Shaman King manga, which is way better than the cartoon.

You can't even compare them... Because they are so different (in a bad way for the episodes).

They made it too G-Rated as a starter.

And they left out too much of the manga story, too much gets lost.

Started watching Gundam 00 now, certainly doesn't look bad.

Saw Gundam Wing on tv some time ago here, which wasn't bad either.

Can't compare yet.

To the ones who know something about Gundam:

Which is the best?

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Which is the best?

Any Gundam series that ISN'T Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny preferably.

Though my favorite series out of all of them is Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I've got all the episodes of Shaman King now, it's fun to watch.

I'm still collecting the Shaman King manga, which is way better than the cartoon.

You can't even compare them... Because they are so different (in a bad way for the episodes).

They made it too G-Rated as a starter.

And they left out too much of the manga story, too much gets lost.

Started watching Gundam 00 now, certainly doesn't look bad.

Saw Gundam Wing on tv some time ago here, which wasn't bad either.

Can't compare yet.

Which is the best?

I thought Wing was awful, and 00 was alright. 00 was the reincarnation of Wing, so I didn't expect much from it.

My favorites has to be:

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Char's Counter Attack

Zeta Gundam

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team

Gundam Seed Destiny: Stargazer (Hey, those shorts were amazing, why wouldn't the series be like that?)

1260955552084-1.jpg