Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

And I thought Mobile Suit Gundam was as old as time itself...

I suddenly gained interest in watching Yatterman after playing Tatsunoko VS Capcom.

Do you ever watch anything outside the shounen demographic? wwwww

I've not really been watching much lately... I watched Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, which I liked despite how absurd it was. I've also started to watch Maria+Holic again. Only a year late!

Do you ever watch anything outside the shounen demographic? wwwww

I've not really been watching much lately... I watched Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, which I liked despite how absurd it was. I've also started to watch Maria+Holic again. Only a year late!

The real question should be: Do you ever watch anything outside the Post-2000 era of anime?

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Not much point in trying to act "superior" Gallade, if all you watch is in the shounen demographic.

lrn2myanimelist

http://myanimelist.n...elist/Gallade64

Whoa whoa, I was just wondering. I wasn't trying to be a [bleep].

You're forgiven. I just don't like being judged based on what genre I watch the most.

And to back up my proof that I don't just watch/read shounen I'm reading the Tsukihime visual novel on my Nintendo Wii. And to prove that's not a load of BS there's an ONScripter app for the Homebrew Channel:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/ONScripter

Edited by Gallade64

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I'm not a judgmental person, don't worry.

All of Nasu's novels are pretty bad, but I didn't mind Tsukihime. Fate is mind-numbing; Nasu has this really horrible habit of recapping everything that happened prior to that important plot twist I've been waiting for, or an ero scene. Just read Tsukihime and don't bother with any other Type-Moon material ever.

Key and Akabesoft games are awesome.

On Topic: I need to watch Tekkaman Blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbrNiWavlGs

Off Topic: Bang Shishigami's Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Theme is so epic it turns everyone else into Bang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEWI8DaMb7Q

Well im a bit of an anime newbie, but I just finished Asura Cryin; (+Season 2) and it was very good. Its a little long (26episodes) but its well worth it. My only complaint is that the plot has a horrible flow (lots of tacky flashbacks, and no plot explanations). The first 13 episodes seem like a really drawn out character intro (aided by the fact Season 1 ends in a cliffhanger, after going through the season not resolving any conflicts.

Season 2 jumps right in and really puts on a show. The plot runs smoother, and becomes a mind-bender, in a good way.

Overall Id rate it 4.4/5

Sig

Just finished Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei - I've got to watch the second series next but I'm not sure when I'll start that. We watched Samurai Champloo in club and I'm considering watching more since it seemed quite cool.

I'm gutted about Ookami Kakushi only being a 12 episode series though... it's so epic, it should be more tbh :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Almost completed season 1 of Gundam 00. It's very good so far.

And does anyone know good, relatively short manga?

With relatively short, I mean less than 15 volumes.

So far, I have Death Note, which apparently has 12.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

In order of preference from Greatest to not greatest but I still loved it:

1. Code Geass

2. Death Note

3. Kuroshi+suji

+= t

stupid censor

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Reading Rouroni Kenshin. It's pretty awesome so far, some of the comedy is not good, but it's pretty intense.

Hands down my favourite manga and anime of all time; the captivating plot, dynamic characters, powerful music etc. make it almost impossible to stop watching/reading.

The comedy is more drawn out in the anime than in the manga by a considerable amount.

If you think it's intense now, wait until you reach the Kyoto Arc: your eyes will be glued to the screen.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I've lost my anime spark. I have only really ever kind of sort of liked anime anyway, but I've got no enthusiasm at all any more. The more I tell myself to watch anime, the less inclined I am to actually do so.

I guess I shall just amble through something relaxing, like the third season of Aria. Eeeh.

Reading Rouroni Kenshin. It's pretty awesome so far, some of the comedy is not good, but it's pretty intense.

Hands down my favourite manga and anime of all time; the captivating plot, dynamic characters, powerful music etc. make it almost impossible to stop watching/reading.

The comedy is more drawn out in the anime than in the manga by a considerable amount.

If you think it's intense now, wait until you reach the Kyoto Arc: your eyes will be glued to the screen.

I'm currently at the part where the Department of Internal Affairs guy shows up to stop the fight at the dojo. Chapter 55 to be exact. Pretty awesome, the action is amazing.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I have only really ever kind of sort of liked anime anyway, but I've got no enthusiasm at all any more.

Kind of same here really. To be honest I watched the series I was really interested in and then just stopped. I figured nothing can really beat Gurren Lagann, Monster, Bacanno! and Texhonolyzed so why bother? I'm not really a fan of those "Slice of life" style animes either and I can't get over the animation of older era anime series.

Mhmm... if I could find something else like Monster/Texhnoloyzed that'd be awesome. I've actually been debating re-watching Texhonolyzed because I feel like I missed a lot in it that could be important. It's a really damn good anime so it wouldn't hurt to watch for a second time at all.

Watched Chaos;Head in club today - looks really quite good, I'll probably watch it.

Atm though I'm half way through: Full Metal Panic? Fummoffu, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Durarara! & Ookami Kakushi. Of course most of them are still in the middle of airing, but it feels like quite a lot :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Began reading Toriko after i read the first three chapters in Shonen Jump. It's epic, it has food monsters and epic fights, what's better?

I also went ahead on reading ULTIMO because it was in the magazine, beyond awesome. Marvel master plus Shaman King creator equals awesome.

My list for top 5 Manga are now...

1. One Piece

2. Toriko

3. Naruto

4. ULTIMO

5. Bleach

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

Maybe I should go watch Gatchaman...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4cumMj8Vqg

Joe: FIRE THE BIRD MISSILE!

Ken: NO IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!

[spoiler=Um...what?]12.jpg

13.jpg

I have nothing to say...

The first time I saw Kamatari reveal his true gender I literally laughed for a good minute. Then I read the second last frame and laughed again. Good times.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Yeah I finished Chaos;Head in 2 days - it's been a while since I marathoned through an anime. It was brilliant, a bit confusing for most of the time but I don't really mind that. I think the best parts are in the middle where you just DON'T know what's going on and it's so confusing... the ending is decent but I think it loses a bit of charm since things make more sense by then.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg