Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

K-ON!! and that is pretty much all.

I have so much other stuff to watch that I don't really have time to download stuff from this season at all.

Also: if any of you are planning on watching Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆, go for Tortoise subs. Nutbladder is painfully unprofessional and can't live up to their former group at all. Mistranslation/localisation and general halfassery left in to annoy people.

I [bleep]ing hate speedsubs. [bleep]damn. It's all gg's fault.

Okay, is this referring to anime series, or movies?

fuer grissa ost drauka

"Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary, cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no committment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance of life: death. It is the dance with death."

"Dance with me, Death." Bringer of death. "I am ready."

Alright, cool.

Then, I'd have to say these two classics: Vampire Hunter D, and Akira. Then, toss in Iria:Zeiram, along with the OMV of X (haven't had a chance to see the actual series of this one).

fuer grissa ost drauka

"Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary, cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no committment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance of life: death. It is the dance with death."

"Dance with me, Death." Bringer of death. "I am ready."

I kinda like gg since they subbed Umineko well, but I can't really say I know lots about the subbing community.

I kinda like speedsubs since I'm the sort of person that wants the episode as it comes out, not a week later.

I don't think they are inherently horrible, but their way of having fun has transferred to other groups with gg members that just can't pull off the same stupid [cabbage] as well as the original can. Fansub groups have never been really good; we kind of hit a golden age a while ago, but I think things are starting to slip downhill again. Awkward translation has always been a problem, but at least we are doing better than a few years ago.

I kinda like gg since they subbed Umineko well, but I can't really say I know lots about the subbing community.

I kinda like speedsubs since I'm the sort of person that wants the episode as it comes out, not a week later.

I don't think they are inherently horrible, but their way of having fun has transferred to other groups with gg members that just can't pull off the same stupid [cabbage] as well as the original can. Fansub groups have never been really good; we kind of hit a golden age a while ago, but I think things are starting to slip downhill again. Awkward translation has always been a problem, but at least we are doing better than a few years ago.

Sometimes fansubbing is an artform:

4679-550x-1215174643370.jpg

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Naruto and Cowboy Bebop, the latter was made into my favourite anime.

Naruto's anime is ok, but the fillers need to stop...

As for other Animes, Casshern Sins is just awesome (thanks guthix for Tatsunoko vs capcom to show it to me) and Umineko no koro ni is also good.

^^ I love that pic XD

Also Demoli, if you watched Umineko you HAVE to watch Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. It's 07th Expansion's previous work and, if you don't mine a bit of horror, is really really good. It will screw your mind up, but in a good way ^_^

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I watched the first episode of Angel Beats too, looked good. That leader girl (I don't remember names for quite a few episodes) reminds me a bit of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Is Working!! any good? I've been considering watching it but I'm unsure.

Also, I was going to buy the Higurashi Box Set of the first season for £30 from Amazon on Tuesday. Quite a bargain, I even haxxed my DVD to play any region for it... but then the seller went out of stock and it went up to £40... and now it's £50!! FML. I really hope they get it back soon ;(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I watched the first episode of Angel Beats too, looked good. That leader girl (I don't remember names for quite a few episodes) reminds me a bit of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Is Working!! any good? I've been considering watching it but I'm unsure.

Yeah, Angel Beats did give off a Haruhi vibe. Working! hasn't aired yet but it looks intertaining.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

That has to be one of the cheesiest, oddballiest english voiceover i've ever seen :blink:

You sir are very talented to have seen a voice over. I am curious are you also capable of using echo location to find your way in the dark.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Does anyone know how many episodes Fairy Tairu is said to have?

Letter Bee is over with a twist, season two come quick please.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I think Fairy Tail is going to be one of those never ending shonen animes like One Piece, etc

K-On's new opening makes me shudder if anything. Watching that, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Angel Beats and Working this season. Yay on wasting more of my life on anime.

Angel Beats is Haruhi, version two. It's also a lot better.

As long as there is no Endless Eight I'm fine with a Haruhi clone.

I'm down with this. It really does seem pretty good in its own right, too.

Really, the only similarities this has with Haruhi is the leader girl and the entire group. Haruhi is about keeping an insane girl happy so she doesn't destroy the world and Angel Beats is about surviving in the afterlife because they don't want to take the chance of reincarnating into a barnacle..

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Can't say I particularly like the K-On!! opening either :mellow: The first episode, in itself, wasn't too bad though. Kept the feel of K-On!

Decided to watch Working!! after a great first episode. What's with the number of anime with !! in their name, anyway? >.<

Watched the first episode of Arakawa Under the Bridge. A bit bizarre, but it made me laugh. Definitely one I'm going to keep watching.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

Angel Beats is Haruhi, version two. It's also a lot better.

As long as there is no Endless Eight I'm fine with a Haruhi clone.

I'm down with this. It really does seem pretty good in its own right, too.

Really, the only similarities this has with Haruhi is the leader girl and the entire group. Haruhi is about keeping an insane girl happy so she doesn't destroy the world and Angel Beats is about surviving in the afterlife because they don't want to take the chance of reincarnating into a barnacle..

And the whole supernatural thing. That's pretty like Haruhi, but yes. These are semantics, anyway.

I watched K-ON!! as well. It's more of the same, but who says that's a bad thing? I'm going to watch Arakawa Under the Bridge later too, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (because it looks cute). I've also finally started watching Kimi ni Todoke; five episodes in so far, and it's pretty good. I've also got hold of Kannagi (slowpoke) and I'll watch some soon, in the next week or so.

The idea for this 10 minute argument video would not leave my head:

"Omae wa mo shindeiru."

"USO DA!"

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0