Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

I now have Higurashi on DVD!!! *licks it*

I can't get it to work on Media Player Classic because of Region restrictions, but VLC plays it, as does my DVD player. :thumbsup:

One of the things that I loved about Higurashi is how much Keiichi's manliness level increases over the course of the series. He goes from being a wuss to being pretty manly and awesome.

The 2nd episode of Angel Beats was amazing. 2 episodes in and they're already blowing up major facilities. :thumbsup:

I'm going to watch this later. I've had a few beers, could be awesome.

I started reading Bakuman today and i'm up to Chapter 25, i like all the Jump references!

Really good series, its interesting to get a manga-ka point of view even if its exaggerated for story value.

Good anime this season (alphabetical):

-Angel Beats! - It's not as awesome as I hoped it would be, but a big factor is that the first episode was just the preview drawn out to 24 minutes. The second episode was definitely very good and I'm eager to see what direction it takes. Concerning the Haruhi stuff, the story itself is not similar, but Yuri not only looks like Haruhi, but they also share a lot of personality traits.

-B Gata H Kei - This is pretty good for it being a simple ecchi sells anime. I find the theme itself hilarious and so far its managed to get quite a few laughs out of me.

-Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - I have a feeling this one will flop, but I think the characters very interesting. I'm betting the main character develops into a personality very similar to Oga from Beelzebub.

-Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - One of the few Shoujo anime I've really liked. If you like slice of life anime, this is probably the best new show so far this season, watch this.

I'm also watching the following continuing shows:

Naruto

One Piece

Fairy Tail

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Katanagatari

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

I'd gladly write an extensive review for any of these shows if anyone was curious about them.

yuki2d.png

Hmm

I have fallen in love with Umi no naku koro ni and Seitokai no Ichizon!

I never did like never ending Anime's like Fairy Tale and One Pice, in my mind once they finish their ORIGINAL GOAL story ends, none of this "and this happens next" or filler BS.

Ash has defeated the Elite Four!

END OF [bleep]ING STORY!

That one guy and girl have managed to get into that Fairy Tale Guild!

END OF [bleep]ING STORY!

They rescued Rukia!

END OF [bleep]ING STORY, THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Hmm

I have fallen in love with Umi no naku koro ni and Seitokai no Ichizon!

I never did like never ending Anime's like Fairy Tale and One Pice, in my mind once they finish their ORIGINAL GOAL story ends, none of this "and this happens next" or filler BS.

Ash has defeated the Elite Four!

END OF [bleep]ING STORY!

That one guy and girl have managed to get into that Fairy Tale Guild!

END OF [bleep]ING STORY!

They rescued Rukia!

END OF [bleep]ING STORY, THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

The final goal of Fairy Tail is finding Igneel, which in all fairness should be more like "sorting out the whole dragon problem" which I think it will be something like that. I think that taking a one way road to the final goal is boring, character development is very important to me and thats hard to accomplish without the usage of different arcs, I do agree that filler sucks though. The final goal of One Piece is Luffy becoming the pirate king, that's not going to happen for another 400+ chapters. Bleach is the "Surprise! A new problem arises type." I dropped Bleach, it was extremely cool until the soul society arc ended, but I wont deny that the plot twist at the end of the arc wasn't extremely well done.

Umineko is a really good show. Seitokai is mediocre at best, for comedic refrence anime see Hayate no Gotoku.

yuki2d.png

Umineko is a really good show. Seitokai is mediocre at best, for comedic refrence anime see Hayate no Gotoku.

It's good to see another Hayate fan here. Apart from myself (and I think Jaziek), I don't think anyone has ever mentioned it here. A fantastic series. Oh, and Seitokai was totally worth it for Mafuyu.

I finished Kannagi last night (this morning); I thought it was great. Good fun and not over-the-top; can't say much else about it without spoiling.

Well I kinda understand why people, companies in general, extend Animes to 500 ep +.It's to keep their audiences, mainly kids, watching and to bring in a new audience.

The culpable animes are old ones like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh (for the love of god, Yugi isn't even the main character anymore)

But the main pattern in these animes is the moral, something cheesy like "Don't ever give up" or "Friendship is forever", I applaud these animes for teaching people these good morals but the plot of the shows and goals are always ever winding.

Shows like that never catch my attention, my anime cap is usually 60 episodes or so, and Animes which VIZ or Funimation touches will be long, boring to an extent, and of course cheesy.

ONTOPIC: How is K-ON? I hear both good and bad things about it. I wanna watch it but I want to get someone else opinions.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Just don't expect much from K-on, it's not supposed to be mind blowing or revolutionary. I thought it was an ok series, not really much on the plot but still enjoyable.

I really hate that end-of-series nostalgia feeling, I'll get over it in a couple days but it just sucks right now. Going through it with Seto no Hanayome right now, which is probably my favorite comedy series. Need to find more romantic comedies now, lol.

K-ON! is pretty generic and middle-of-the-road, but it manages to be a good laugh regardless. I think it is the best thing that Kyoto Animation has ever produced by quite some way.

Clannad would like to have a word with you.

Just don't expect much from K-on, it's not supposed to be mind blowing or revolutionary. I thought it was an ok series, not really much on the plot but still enjoyable.

I really hate that end-of-series nostalgia feeling, I'll get over it in a couple days but it just sucks right now. Going through it with Seto no Hanayome right now, which is probably my favorite comedy series. Need to find more romantic comedies now, lol.

I might be able to recommend you something if you tell me what you've seen/like.

I'm looking for a some new shows to watch, here's a list of stuff I've seen but I haven't completed it http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tashigi

Mainly looking for good shounen titles I've missed, anything from adventure to romantic comedy. I'm especially looking for good romantic comedies which the girl is highly dependent on the guy (Toradora, anything from Key, etc.)

yuki2d.png

K-ON! is pretty generic and middle-of-the-road, but it manages to be a good laugh regardless. I think it is the best thing that Kyoto Animation has ever produced by quite some way.

Clannad would like to have a word with you.

Clannad suffers from the big problem that all VN -> anime adaptations do; I would be watching a few episodes and waiting for the tentative build-up, then it happens and it's all over in one episode. I used to think it was amazing in 2008, but I gradually started discovering anime that I liked better. The comic relief made (the first season of) Clannad more bearable, at least. After Story is pretty good, though; until the ending. That was pretty horrendous.

This reeks of hypocrisy, because anyone who was around in 2008 would probably remember my Clannad avatars/signatures.

However, I'm not hating; those kinds of stories appeal to different people. I can't say I've watched anything which is particularly of the sad and/or melancholic ilk for quite some time; I'm much more into those "a happy life" sorts of stories, when it comes to anime. I tend to find stuff like Clannad rather overblown and even downright cheesy in places; honestly, I believe that sort of thing works better in live-action drama form.

I'm listening to a couple of bleach op's and ed's. They're actually quite awesome though some are just bleurgh. Gotta love Engrish though.

Don't be looking at danbooru with people around okay, learn from my fail.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I'm listening to a couple of bleach op's and ed's. They're actually quite awesome though some are just bleurgh. Gotta love Engrish though.

Don't be looking at danbooru with people around okay, learn from my fail.

I guess I should stop sending you those links while you're on Windows Live.

Off Topic...sort of:

2a5a734fca45a18c.jpg

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

"Just flipping through the raws, HxH takes the cake as the most epic JUMP chapter in recent history."

A tweet by Mangastream regarding this weeks chapter of Hunter x Hunter. I am super pumped, can't wait for it to be scanned. For those of you who haven't read Hunter x Hunter I implore you, if you like shonen anime/manga, start reading it now. There's also an anime series with 70 some episodes + 3 OVA seasons that is excellent. The anime just scratches the surface though, this is the type of story where it seems like 5 different characters could have their own anime/manga because they're such interesting characters with so much they need to accomplish.

yuki2d.png

I guess I should stop sending you those links while you're on Windows Live.

Never stop with the links ;P

To the people who like Umineko, does Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni sound somewhat familiar? ;P I'm a bit surprised it isn't a VN but I'll be reading it for some guro.

Oh, Magical Chronicle Lyrical Nanoha Force, the latest in the franchise >_> MORE characters and playing down the NanoFate? No thx. But Nanoha does look so badass when I saw this one picture of her... UGH, why can't some mangas go the way you like? Hah.

Oh yeah, does anyone know a website where you can watch Full Metal Alchemist SUBBED? I keep finding dubs everywhere you go and I can't download them either. I'm finally getting into the super popular anime >_>

rc1tzc.png

The only word I can think of to explain this is WHYYYYYYYYY...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2iZqj9FmBk

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

To the people who like Umineko, does Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni sound somewhat familiar? ;P I'm a bit surprised it isn't a VN but I'll be reading it for some guro.

Oh, Magical Chronicle Lyrical Nanoha Force, the latest in the franchise >_> MORE characters and playing down the NanoFate? No thx. But Nanoha does look so badass when I saw this one picture of her... UGH, why can't some mangas go the way you like? Hah.

Oh yeah, does anyone know a website where you can watch Full Metal Alchemist SUBBED? I keep finding dubs everywhere you go and I can't download them either. I'm finally getting into the super popular anime >_>

It doesn't ring a bell, aside from sounding so much like 'Higurashi no Naku Koro ni' :P

As for FMA, try animefreak.tv, a lot of their episodes are in dub or sub. You can change it by the little tabs above the video. I don't know why you'd want to watch the sub anyway, the sub voices are horrible. The dub is much better imo.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Funimation is actually uploading the subbed versions of the anime to their Youtube site. But it might not work depending on where you live.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Oh? Is FMA a case of the dub being as good as the sub?

Yeah Funimation doesn't work for me.

Lol, I use Animefreak a lot and I don't understand why I didn't check those tabs even though I knew about them >_>

rc1tzc.png

The dub is great *glomps Vic Mignogna*

Also, after many trials and struggles, I managed to burn an Umineko episode to DVD (with subs!) :thumbsup: I am very excite! I'd probably buy a USA/Europe release if there ever was one, but since I don't see that happening (Higurashi Kai hasn't ever been dubbed), I'm gonna have to burn my own DVDs. I had to get the raw scrips from gg for the episodes, then add them on manually. Which might be a problem for when I want to try and burn Higurashi Kai since they're not easily available.

Oh mkv... I love you and hate you so much...

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I love Angel Beats thank you. I'm not seeing why you and half of /a/ are hating it.

BGHK is just terrible, but not Magical Pokkan terrible enough to drop

K-ON!! is K-ON! with more fillers and less music...

Loving Maid-Sama. Usui is a boss.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg