Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

XD K-On is about as emotional as a spade :D It's all about the lolis! And Mugi's closet lesbianism! :D

Also Kaichou-wa is 25 episodes? I thought it was 12! I was kinda peed off when I saw that because it meant I got my facts wrong, but then I realised it means more Kaichou-wa, which is awesome! :thumbsup:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I saw Yatterman the live action movie. Liked it a bit but through out the whole movie I was wondering, "how is this for children??"

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

XD K-On is about as emotional as a spade :D It's all about the lolis! And Mugi's closet lesbianism! :D

Also Kaichou-wa is 25 episodes? I thought it was 12! I was kinda peed off when I saw that because it meant I got my facts wrong, but then I realised it means more Kaichou-wa, which is awesome! :thumbsup:

I love Kaichou-wa! I was happy when I found out it was running through the summer season.

I watched Ookami-san and Amagami SS. Both were alright but I need to see a couple more episodes before I decide to go through with the entire thing. Amagami seems like it's trying to be Clannad without sadness.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I watched "You are (not) alone" in theaters. Now I'm waiting for "You can (not) advance" in to arrive in the same theater.

So how far is that annoying screaming lil ninja who we call Naruto? Still not Hokage or gotten the girl yet??

I'm only on chapter 118 of the Naruto manga. He is currently going to save Sasuke as Orichimaru attacks the Leaf Village.

Despite what everyone says, the manga is decent, it's just that Shonen Jump stuff has so much action taking place all the time that a decent story is kind of missing sometimes. Bleach had a decent story, but it could have been better. And I haven't been happy at all with the Bleach manga lately since all it is is fighting Aizen as it has been for the past thirty or forty chapters. I like the style of Bleach, I just wish we could move past Aizen and into something different.

And never attempt to read One Piece the manga, I've tried countless times but that is something that only a kid could really enjoy. For me, it's just really kiddy. I like Sanji and I like the arc where they meet him, but otherwise...

I've slowly been going through JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. I love it.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

New stuff in order of what I enjoyed most:

1. Kuro[cabbage]suji II - Absolutely loved it. I'm very glad there's another season of this, even though the first season had what I thought was an epic ending. Sebastian has to be one of my favorite anime characters of all time.

2. Amagami SS - Seems to be a pretty average slice of life/harem anime. Doesn't seem to be too ecchi which is a good thing. When it comes to slice of life, I think if the plot/characters don't suck and the art is good then the show is always pleasing to watch.

3. Ookami-san - Ookami is a major taiga spinoff. The narrator needs to die and the boy (I forget his name) has a really annoying dialect. Other than that the show is pretty good.

4. Black Lagoon S3 - It's Black Lagoon so of course its awesome, but this episode struck me as so-so. I'm sure it'll get a fair bit more interesting, which it actually did at the end of the episode.

Edit: Also I started reading Nurarihyon no Mago which I am enjoying a lot. IIRC its getting an anime this season or next which I'm looking forward to.

yuki2d.png

Bit eh about Ookami right now. At first, I was like "o_o, there's Taiga grown up a bit, Komoe with red hair, Kuroko's annoying voice as narrator, Araragi becoming a loser" but then the original character designs are like that so JC Staff just went with it I guess. If they had the narrator from Hayate, the show'd be much cooler lol.

I actually like Amagami, though the omnibus 'get and reset' thing isn't pleasing me right now. Art is really nice though (Haruka :thumbup: ) so I'll watch it.

Seitokai Yakuindomo- Well, I'm a pervert since the sex jokes made me laugh. It's a hit or miss comedy show and I'm easily pleased so I'm gonna watch it.

Probably just gonna add High School of the Dead and finish up stuff I started

And FMA is over, bleh.

I'm liking everything so far. Seitokai is closest to the dropping point at the moment because the jokes, while funny, are annoyingly blunt and have no subtlety to it. (Which may be a problem with the subbers than the actual show)

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Watching Black Lagoon. I'm at episode 4, does it get better over the time, or does the quality remain the same?

I tried to watch it a while back. I liked the style, but the story is boring and I really never liked it much. Anime purists at some places say its great, but purists for pretty much any art form can shove it where the sun don't shine.

I watched "You are (not) alone" in theaters. Now I'm waiting for "You can (not) advance" in to arrive in the same theater.

So how far is that annoying screaming lil ninja who we call Naruto? Still not Hokage or gotten the girl yet??

I'm only on chapter 118 of the Naruto manga. He is currently going to save Sasuke as Orichimaru attacks the Leaf Village.

Despite what everyone says, the manga is decent, it's just that Shonen Jump stuff has so much action taking place all the time that a decent story is kind of missing sometimes. Bleach had a decent story, but it could have been better. And I haven't been happy at all with the Bleach manga lately since all it is is fighting Aizen as it has been for the past thirty or forty chapters. I like the style of Bleach, I just wish we could move past Aizen and into something different.

And never attempt to read One Piece the manga, I've tried countless times but that is something that only a kid could really enjoy. For me, it's just really kiddy. I like Sanji and I like the arc where they meet him, but otherwise...

I've slowly been going through JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. I love it.

Shame anything Shonen Jump touches becomes a 100+ episode anime with more fillers than a British homeless man.

I... just... can't.... stand.... fillers!

OnTopic:

Finally finished reading up to Volume 20 of Sergeant Frog. I can't look at frogs the same way again, but I love the tiny references to other animes. Not usre if that manga is finished, I can't find volume 21 anywhere...

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Occult Academy and Seitokai - Really funny shows, each in their own way. Summer anime is turning out to be really good, I should stop reading the preview summaries because I didn't think any of these shows would be good.

Nurarihyon - A bit frustrated it started in a different spot than the manga, hopefully it shapes up.

Giving k-on a second chance, enjoying it a lot. Not sure why I didn't like it before. Too bad I have to go to class and can't watch more right now =(.

yuki2d.png

Fun fact:

In K-On!! Season 2's second ending (No, Thank You), which I love by the way, the girls are arranged by the first letter of their last name to spell THANK.

konzq.png

From Right to Left:

T -Tainaka Ritsu

H -Hirasawa Yui

A- Akiyama Mio

N -Nakano Azusa

K - Kotobuki Tsumugi

... :o I DIDN'T NOTICE!!! :o

But yeah...

Umineko no Naku koro ni

Death Note

Higurashi no Naku koro ni/kei/rei

The Melancholy/Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ouran High

Code Geass

Loveless

... This list could go on forever but those are the anime I continue to obsess over and rewatch over and over again until I can recite the episodes XD Especially Haruhi Suzumiya.

LIGHTsfan.png

signature.png

Rach's the Bern to my Lambda, Req's the Erika to Rach's Bern. It works.

Kind of addicted to No Thank You, think I like it over Don't Say Lazy lol.

This list could go on forever but those are the anime I continue to obsess over and rewatch over and over again until I can recite the episodes XD Especially Haruhi Suzumiya.

Endless 8 too :)?

And High School of the Dead is really awesome. Never really thought I'd get into a zombie show, guess it's the fanservice lol?

Ended up watching all of Gurren Lagann in one sitting. It's way too awesome.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Endless 8 too :)?

HELLZ YEAH... I had so much fun looking at each episode and spotting the differences in the dialogue, the clothing and the settings :P

LIGHTsfan.png

signature.png

Rach's the Bern to my Lambda, Req's the Erika to Rach's Bern. It works.

I don't know if this counts but I just watched a subbed version of Tokyo Gore Police.

It was the most disgusting, horrible, nasty, weird movie I have ever seen in my life. If you have an aversion to almost two hours of straight blood and gore, then don't watch it. I saw every type of mutilation, decapitation, and everything in that two hour movie.

Though it was pretty entertaining nontheless.

If you want more blood and gore go download the Fist of the North Star movie. Also I'm getting back to reading the FotNS manga. It's a lot better than the 1980's anime by a long shot, but it was still pretty good with Kenshiro's creative ways of killing the most vile of scumbags.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0