The Effects of the Runecrafting Guild

DRUMINATOR17

Looks like a decent update all around for the runecrafting skill, from a quick early on glance.

However, it brings many questions now with its arrival.

How much faster will it make training runecrafting? Weather it be using the new mini game for points / gear / experience, using the new runecrafting teleportation tabs to zip right to the altars for much faster trips to and fro from altar to bank. Also, the runecrafting robes that will add onto your runecrafting level (although it reads as though it will only stack on your runecrafting level while in the mini game to move orbs further) that could perhaps allow for doubling runes several levels below the old level required to craft.

All that (and whatever else I missed) on top of what one can only expect to happen, that is slight or extreme price changes in the things that are all runecrafting related, be it pure ess, or rune prices.

Discuss all that jazz and whatever else you can think of that this update might bring to the table while the skill of runecrafting hopefully adjusts to its changes as people may train it now with less of a boredom factor to keep them from wanting to stop every five minutes.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been holding off training RC since I heard this Guild was coming out, the rewards sound pretty intresting, all depends what you have to do in the game to obtain them...

The teletab to Alters will surely be pretty hard to obtain as that would be a big blow to Runecraftings tough training reputation, and I think Jagex know this...

I'm at work right now but I'll check it all out properly when I get home...

Avid43.png

For training the skill, I am convinced that it is much easier to train with the robes, tablets, and all, but there is one benefit that I believe is the most noticable.

Once you have 41 tokens, you can purchase the Astral tablet, a free teleport to the Astral altar. Fianlly, Jagex has released a quick way to turn on the Lunar Spellbook! :thumbsup:

qoipgj.jpg

The tablets kill, literary kill the runecraft skill!

It's now way easier than cooking to level! Now what's the point in raising it? The whole spirit from walking and finding the fastest route is gone - it's destroyed.. No more clever thinking about finding new methods/shorter paths.. Now it's just click - craft - click - bank -click -craft -click -bank - etc

probably around 300K xp, making it the fastest skill possible.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

It's now way easier than cooking to level! Now what's the point in raising it? The whole spirit from walking and finding the fastest route is gone - it's destroyed.. No more clever thinking about finding new methods/shorter paths.. Now it's just click - craft - click - bank -click -craft -click -bank - etc

Ugh. People bashing an update without doing research. Yes, once you have the tablets, it will be comparable to cooking for leveling. But remember a) The RC xp values are small to begin with. B) It takes time playing the minigame to get those tablets. They're untradeable and can only be bought with points.

Granted, you get about 10 tablets per 10 min game, but it's still not the end of the world.

Ugh. People bashing an update without doing research. Yes, once you have the tablets, it will be comparable to cooking for leveling. But remember a) The RC xp values are small to begin with. B) It takes time playing the minigame to get those tablets. They're untradeable and can only be bought with points.

Granted, you get about 10 tablets per 10 min game, but it's still not the end of the world.

But the problem is: even during the gathering of tablets you gain a lot of xp! (double xp for crafting runes every 20 seconds: which is faster than a normal run of 100 seconds using abbys + super energies)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I wasn't running a stopwatch, but I think I read that each round lasts 2 minutes. I got 200 tokens for an 8 round game. My team lost most of the rounds, but they were all close.

So I spent about 16 minutes earning tickets for 5 teleports to an altar. If I could instantly refill my pouches and inventory with essence between clicking the teletabs, I would have spent well over 3 minutes per trip to an altar.

If you're on a losing team, the results aren't all that hot.

How many tokens can you get if your team wins all 8 rounds?

I don't care enough to try again right now. :P The astral teletabs I bought should last me a week or so, then I'll go give it another shot.

Hi Pulli,

Presumably you are basing your comments on what you have just done in game? Does the 300k xp per hour apply to both f2p and p2p?

300k per hour isn't possible, as the tabs aren't tradeable, meaning you'll have to do the minigame to earn the tabs, the minigame gives very slow xp, thus not making it possible to attain 300k xp/hour :)

The lunar tablets are going to be brilliant - I might see how effective the spellbook is for slayer. Depending on how easy the tokens are to obtain, it might make runecrafting slightly easier, but at ~800 per game, it can't be that dramatic. Still, that's about 20 trips to an alter, which is reasonably significant...

Nothing else seems to be too interesting, and the robes are, as far as I can tell, pointless.

Plus, they look too much like the Fist of Guthix's druid robes:

robesii0.png

But the problem is: even during the gathering of tablets you gain a lot of xp! (double xp for crafting runes every 20 seconds: which is faster than a normal run of 100 seconds using abbys + super energies)

You get double exp during the game right? I got 542 exp for all the runes I crafted during one game.

How are you coming up with the double exp every 20 seconds, did I miss something?

I found the game slow and tedious. I think this is going to have about as much impact on RC as vine sweeper did on farming. Those who wish to no life in the mini game would find training directly at either skill to be just as effective.

The tablets take far too long to collect be effective for any sort of power leveling of rune crafting. The Astral tablets are interesting though as a quick way to change between Standard and Lunar magics.

Perhaps for level 3 skillers this is a good way to go about rc training - but as for me I lost my fear of the abyss a long long time ago.

svenne.png

#14340th to 99 magic!! w000t

You get double exp during the game right? I got 542 exp for all the runes I crafted during one game.

How are you coming up with the double exp every 20 seconds, did I miss something?

Hes just saying crap that he hasn't even tested.

Its every 2 minutes, and you be barely any ess to begin with. Its slow and really boring minigame.

This isn't going to change a thing except for the lunar tele.

sig.jpg

It's such a good update that I smell a nerf coming along :x quick! Get as much RC exp as possible before it's too late :lol:

<3'ing those robes too, does anyone know if the rc level bonuses from them stack?

2vuhgcn.png

its on average 400 points per game(if your team wins half the rounds). that is only 9 teles you get for every 16 minutes.

Now lets say you average 35 seconds per run with this new method. that means it would take 5 minutes and 15 seconds for 9 runs, plus the time it took to get the tabs for 9 runs, which is 16 minutes.

So it would take 21 minutes and 15 minutes to do 9 runs.

averages out to about 2 minutes and 22 seconds per run. Not that much faster then abyss. And it is so boring.

sig.jpg

its on average 400 points per game(if your team wins half the rounds). that is only 9 teles you get for every 16 minutes.

Now lets say you average 35 seconds per run with this new method. that means it would take 5 minutes and 15 seconds for 9 runs, plus the time it took to get the tabs for 9 runs, which is 16 minutes.

So it would take 21 minutes and 15 minutes to do 9 runs.

averages out to about 2 minutes and 22 seconds per run. Not that much faster then abyss. And it is so boring.

Now that you mention it, it doesn't sound like nerf material at all because it takes a while to finish the minigame either way, and by the time it's finished there's not much difference than you doing trips the normal way \' so hopefully it won't be nerfed afterall :mrgreen: plus, i'd rather do the minigame and do RC later the fun way - with the teletab thingies :P

2vuhgcn.png