The Wise Old Man - An Unsolved Mystery...POST ALL EVIDENCE!

sirgudi

HIS REAL NAME: Dionysius

I put together a small montage of the evidence against him...

b4b6ex.png

After asking the woman in the chair outside his window you get the old picture of his house. There is a door in the back, this is now a picture. If you go upstairs to his room, there is a telescope. Look through it and it's facing the wizard's tower. You will then automatically confront him about it. He will deny another heist. Wheras if you talk to him about his retirement after finishing the quest Swan Song he says he may have something planned.

POST ALL YOUR EVIDENCE AND THOUGHTS ON THE WISE OLD MAN HERE!

EDIT:

The map in the top left corner appears twice in his house. I got the biggest picture i could without HD (Not a good enough Graphics Card). Could someone please take a picture in full screen HD?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read the books on his bookshelf, on the last page of one of them, it says hes going to get back at the wizards of the wizards tower, or something along those lines.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

If you read the books on his bookshelf, on the last page of one of them, it says hes going to get back at the wizards of the wizards tower, or something along those lines.

I forgot to add them, but i have to go now.

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF HIS BOOKS???

Thanks

In one of his books, he says that he is running out of runes and asked the wizards in the Tower for some (or maybe not, something like that). So in conclusion, i think he is gonna burn the tower (with the tinderboxes i guess) to get more runes.

Btw, if you use any elemental rune on him, he will say they are useful and steal some of them :shame:

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

I hope theres a quest where you decide to help him or defeat him, if there is...i'm not going to save some wizard thats trying to find out the secrets to paintin--I mean crafting runes...

Umm I think this a copy of this topic. But It's locked and posted away a long Long LONG time ago.

Like I siad in that old post, I think he is just planning to take down the Tower and get to the Magic Ess and the New RC guild :o :ohnoes:

Cool Siggie though :mrgreen:

Womzoomed-1.gif

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

And how do you know this?

I doubt thats his real name. Dionysus is the name of the Greek God you created wine and seeing as the Wise Old Man doesn't have an "Ancient Greek" way about him I seriously doubts that true.

But then again you may have some evidence... other then the fact his house is next to the wine stall...

Whatisup618.png

whatisup618.png

Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape As Of 4/29/08

And how do you know this?

I doubt thats his real name. Dionysus is the name of the Greek God you created wine and seeing as the Wise Old Man doesn't have an "Ancient Greek" way about him I seriously doubts that true.

But then again you may have some evidence... other then the fact his house is next to the wine stall...

Boy, your not so Proud to own that Questquape, huh? His name is told in the Swan Song Quest. Theres a book on the Desk in the Piscatoris Fishing Place and tells you the adventures of the WOM. It tells you his true name. Dionysius, Greek God of Wine and umm.. erm.... "Party" :anxious:

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Dionysus is the party god. Dionysus represents wine, drink, intoxication, musical and visual creativity, theatre, and sexual pleasures. Dionysus also has an opposite, Apollo; who represents conservative qualities and strictness. (Dionysus plays a large role in Nietzsche philosophy and writing)

Jim Morrison, aka Mr.Mojo Risin, aka The Lizard King, has been referred to as a Dionysian (he himself had surrounded his thoughts with Nietzsche.)

Using this information does anyone see any connections in RS? Is there an Apollo, a Friedrich Nietzsche, or a Lizard King in runescape?

(haven't done over 50 quests, don't read most of the text anyways)

1z2zrwo.jpg

Doing tasks for the WOM ( I wan to kill the creature under the bed) he told me to give this to Father Aerick....

aereckletterff7.png

This can raise some questions:

How do the WOM and Aereck know each other?

Why do the staff of the seminary report to him?

How do WOM and Urhney know each other?

Does WOM have an amulet of ghostspeak?

And watching the recording video we see that he has a sara staff, so he has obviously been at mage arena and ventured the wild ?

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

Grave outside magic guild+Bluewizards in magic guild...

Could this be related?

24078822c792292ca20793019533129ab320b59.jpg

Noticed something with your pic. The WOM used a Saradomin staff to rob the bank.The open grave has a SARADOMIN LOGO on it, the very same as the one on his staff.

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

Could this be related?

I think it's for after Back to My Roots. In it, and I'm going from the Quest Guide on Tip.it, I think you get the rest of the wizard from the Hand in the Sand body and that coffin is used in his burial.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Could this be related?

If you finished back to my roots you would know that it is a grave for the wizard that you find that hand of in hand in the sand. You get the rest of the body from the maze in back to my roots.

OT: The wise old man is definently up to something evil and a quest series would be nice although he said after swan song that his adventure years were done. :x

Qp cape achieved 2/17/08, 99 strength achieved 7/8/09, 99 attack achieved 5/28/10, 99 hitpoints achieved 8/22/10

Rskellington.png

Could this be related?

If you finished back to my roots you would know that it is a grave for the wizard that you find that hand of in hand in the sand. You get the rest of the body from the maze in back to my roots.

OT: The wise old man is definently up to something evil and a quest series would be nice although he said after swan song that his adventure years were done. :x

He also said he had a little something in mind.