Combat Arms - 100% Free FPS - Review, Pictures & Videos

InkofDeath

Alrighty, I'm not good with computers so I have a few very dumb questions.

Does it run well on Windows Vista?

And if I download it and don't like it, how can I uninstall it?

This game looks very cool for a free FPS so I might try it out.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I'm LuinIthil. Pretty terrible stats right now, but they're good compared to earlier today. (I'm averaging around a 1:1 KD ratio right now)

But my longest kill streak...That was sweet. 10 straight kills. Took me a while though, I kept ducking behind something. Two Towers is probably my favorite map, Team Alpha. Snow Valley pits me against too many pro-snipers. I played a few Capture the Flag games there though, best fun I've had in a while.

And run4runes, it might have just been something random going on with your computer. Last night, when I was playing, all of a sudden I started lagging. I checked, I'm pretty sure my computer was just doing some routine check-up or something. If it keeps happening, try the forums. (Nexon forums, silly, not TIF...)

All the weapons (I think) are shown here, along with stats. They're not balanced as in they all have the same stats, but it's that none of them are overpowered. (Except of course, if you hand me a sniper rifle. Then I'll just destroy you)

Warren, I'm running it off my laptop, with Vista. Works perfectly fine. If you want to uninstall it, just use the "Add or Remove Programs" thing...That should work. If not, just delete all the files. Actually though, just don't uninstall it. Because you'll like it. :P

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Alrighty, I'm not good with computers so I have a few very dumb questions.

Does it run well on Windows Vista?

And if I download it and don't like it, how can I uninstall it?

This game looks very cool for a free FPS so I might try it out.

I'm on windows vista home premium 32-bit. And it works very well, no problems.

If you don't like it, which won't happen, right click on the icon on your desktop, go to 'Open File Location', delete the file, which will probably be in your programs file, delete the main folder, then go to recycle bin, and delete it there as well.

My longest kill streak is higher than 20, it just doesn't record past 9 for me. >.>

I have a 1 K/D ratio, even though the ratio is meaningless. Penguin name? Or is that Luinthil or whatever? Regardless added.

Will start a name & forum name database on the main post asap.

Yea, my username (In the game) is LuinIthil. I don't really know how the friend thing works though, I should probably go find out.

Speaking of friends, none of my friends play. I pity them. And I'm in a debate against one of them now, Combat Arms vs. Soldier Front/Gunz. I've played a fair share of Gunz (Not thousands of hours like he has, but whatever), and I never really liked it. But I instantly fell in love with Combat Arms...Never played Soldier Front though, it doesn't work well on my computer. Anyone have comparisons for the two? (CA and SF, in favor of CA of course)

doublesmileyface1.png

When you go on next time, it'll pop up "Inkofpain has requested to be your friend? Do you accept?", or something. Or just click on the Messenger button at the bottom right, then you'll have three options, click add friend, or invite friend, and enter my name, or whoever.

I'll go see if my dad will let me download it. From the videos it looks pretty cool.

Alright I'm at 95% downloaded. The account name I've registered is Kcdragon8116 so thats easy enough.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Hmmm it isn't letting me start the game for some reason. I double click the icon, it pops up with a small window that says version checking, then it go's away and doesnt load anything.... :wall:

Any help?

What O/S are you using? Also, go to Task Manager, if you have a windows O/S, and look for any processes related to CA. Also see if it was only a one time thing. For some reasons errors do appear if you haven't restarted your comp after downloading, annoying yes, but it does solve the majority of issues or has if you look in the forums of Nexon.

But if you have Vista, turn off windows defender, or open the client as a user admin...

Just some things...

Hmmm it isn't letting me start the game for some reason. I double click the icon, it pops up with a small window that says version checking, then it go's away and doesnt load anything.... :wall:

Any help?

Idk try closing it and reopening it, that is often a solution to many problems in multiple games. My game is running fine, although I get a little laggy at times, but nothing thats a problem. My username is silenced112 ingame

What O/S are you using? Also, go to Task Manager, if you have a windows O/S, and look for any processes related to CA. Also see if it was only a one time thing. For some reasons errors do appear if you haven't restarted your comp after downloading, annoying yes, but it does solve the majority of issues or has if you look in the forums of Nexon.

But if you have Vista, turn off windows defender, or open the client as a user admin...

Just some things...

O/S? What is that abbrieviation.

I tried loading it multiple times and all I got was that small bar that says Version Checking, nothing else. I restarted the comp after I saw the errors, but still nothing worked. Right now I removed the game and I am redownloading it to see if it does anything.

And yes, I did go to the forums, though I didnt find much help in the tech support section.... I'll see what happens after it dowloads again.

O/S is Operating System. ::'

Also just made it to the tenth (I think) rank. One more till I get a new rank with a newer icon (multiple stage ranks, 1, 2, 3, then new rank, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, new rank...etc). New picture though is enough for me. =P

You mean the downloads? Download A is off the North American server, Download B is off the international server...I think.

Basically, if you live in North America, use Download A. If you live in Oceania or South America, use Download B. I think.

I'm now a Private. Yay. Sniping is really quite fun...

And I played a bit of Soldier Front, it's nothing compared to Combat Arms. The maps are tiny, sniping is terrible, it's just less enjoyable. The only thing I don't like about Combat Arms is that you rent weapons (They're limited), but that means you have to keep playing. Oh well. Even more reason to play.

doublesmileyface1.png

wow, I already have an awesome setup that works for me. Scoped G3E3 for short-mid range, and a sniper rifle in the backpack for when they are really far away and I need to get them in 1 shot, and those orange gas grenades for fleeing :thumbsup: i haven't knifed anybody at all though :|

I have had the urge to play FPS a lot lately, but TF2 dosen't work on my laptop very well (well at least for the server I use, lol mic spam). This is a great stand in. Although it is from the makers of maple story, so there seems to be a lot of little kids or something, but is great.

Arkheart, in case anyone wants to play.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

The only thing I don't like about Combat Arms is that you rent weapons (They're limited), but that means you have to keep playing. Oh well. Even more reason to play.

At first I really didn't like it. But then I thought, what else would I spend this money on? I've bought everything I need, and am now done experimenting, and had like no money left over, and some of my stuff was running out. Really showed me how much I need to play to stay at the top of my gear. Like I would have over or close to 170k by now. And nothing comes close to costing this much. So basically it's a very good way to keep money from floating around too much. Plus an incentive to keep playing, which is extremely nice, has kept me playing.

Also Lionheart, little kids just means a better K/D ratio if they can't play too well, and even if they are below 12, they can still own your face. ::'

Added you by the way...

--

I've found land mines to be the most useful second grenade to have along with normal grenades. Advanced/Heavy Backpack is just awesome. =)

This is pretty fun though. Skatedog, you should go sniping, it's a beast, and nice if you feel like taking them down from afar. I have college though, so I won't be on tomorrow.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

This is pretty fun though. Skatedog, you should go sniping, it's a beast, and nice if you feel like taking them down from afar. I have college though, so I won't be on tomorrow.

I've been sniping, just Junk Flea isn't really the place to snipe, especially if you're on Bravo, and not Alpha. Alpha has a bit safer spots to snipe from then Alpha does. Why I don't snipe in there. ::'

Urgh, every game, I either own or really suck. Like one time, I went 10-0, then the next game I went 3-14. The regular servers provide much tougher fights than the recruit one does, and I wasn't ready for that at all. :|

I think I'm making a mistake by not carrying an AR, I have two SRs...It's kind of interesting though, I have to know what I'm up against. If I'm shooting a moving target, or know exactly where my target is, I'll use the L6AP or whatever. If I have no idea where I'm shooting, and am anticipating to counter-snipe, I use the semi-automatic. And I'm still good with grenades, 40% accuracy. :lol:

Snow Valley and Two Towers are my favorite, probably. Snow Valley for CTF, Two Towers for Elimination. I never play One-Man Army (Snipers get destroyed), and I haven't bothered with the bomb one.

I managed to convince one of my friends to play by the way, and he's usually really good at shooters. But our KD ratios aren't too far apart, I feel better now.

doublesmileyface1.png

You only snipe? No Assault Rifles or Machine Guns? You're insane. :-#

I would be lost without using either in any game.

Also, Junk Flea & Cold Seed for 140 kills, 16vs16 Elimination, is very fun and faster exp. ::'

Cold Seed and Junk Flea are my two favourite places.

Also Lionheart, little kids just means a better K/D ratio if they can't play too well, and even if they are below 12, they can still own your face. ::'

Added you by the way...

Ugh, so far it has been the type of kids who all they do is sit there every single day and play FPS games so they are insanely good, and all they do is spew crap out of the chat system.

Got the invite BTW, someone else too, dunno who.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I somehow do good sniping on Junk Flea, and when I spawn, I try to snipe, then go in with a Scar-L or AK-47 to mop up.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.