College Football 2008

ugafan_2009

Well, the first Saturday of college football is exactly two weeks from today. I thought we could use a thread of discussion.

My team, Georgia, is ranked number one in both preseason polls. However, we have arguably the toughest schedule in the country, playing at South Carolina, at Arizona State, at LSU, at Auburn, Florida in Jacksonville, and then playing Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia Tech at home.

I'm getting so pumped for this year. College football is by far the most exciting regular season across any sport.

So list your favorite team and we'll get to trash talking.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait either for college football to begin! My favorite team, as it is the school I go to, is Arizona State! are first 4 games are going to be home, its going to be sweet!

And one of those will be a old fashioned SEC butt-kicking. :thumbsup:

I'll be a student at UGA when Arizona State makes a return trip next year.

Stop complaining, we have to play against Ohio State in week 3.
I'm guessing this is an USC fan?

SEC schedule >>>>> Pac 10 schedule with Ohio State.

Even if you lose to them, you can cruise through your weak conference without another loss and probably make it to the national championship game.

ugafan2009.png

Appalachian State baby! Doubt we will pull off another upset this year, but ticket sales have gone up 65% this year apparently, or maybe that was season tickets. Last year I think we had about ~29,000 people in our ~16,000 person stadium. Man home games are freakin insane. We also have a televised home game on HALLOWEEN NIGHT on ESPN2 against one of the two teams who beat us last year, so we will be looking for some revenge. The LSU game is going to be televised as well

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

My team is the P-I-T-T PITT panthers :thumbsup:

Reason i'm so enthusiastic about sayin that is because this is supposed to be the year the solid recruiting the past few years finally pays off... they haven't had a winning season in a few years, but they got a good defense, and a heisman hopeful in LeSean 'Shady' McCoy (whose stats last year were very similair to Knowshon Moreno's) . They beat West Virginia last year, if they wouldve beaten Pitt they could be the defending national champs ... too bad WVU :lol:

sig3bh7.png

All I really want to say is TEXAS TECH! WOOP WOOP!

However, I support all 3 big Texas teams, and almost always the three all get in the Big 12. We rock.

I used to like texas tech when they had Bob Knight.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

All I really want to say is TEXAS TECH! WOOP WOOP!

However, I support all 3 big Texas teams, and almost always the three all get in the Big 12. We rock.

I used to like texas tech when they had Bob Knight.

We're talking about football darlin'. Plus, he's a really nice guy in person.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I'm hoping to see good things from Michigan on this rebuilding year. I moved about 20 rows down too, even more reason this year will be better than last. But really any game will be better than last year's opening against Appalachian state.

I'm hoping to see good things from Michigan on this rebuilding year. I moved about 20 rows down too, even more reason this year will be better than last. But really any game will be better than last year's opening against Appalachian state.

=P. I always started rooting for you guys after that, I knew a lot of Michigan fans that were really good sports about it. You guys are top 20 in the AP poll though, so I'm sure you guys are in pretty decent shape at least.. Plus you guys got Rich, which could either be a really good thing or a bad thing

MY FAVORITE BAND:

Clemson Tigers! Biggest game of opening week is in Atlanta Clemson vs Alabama! I'll be there for sure.

I think the dawgs will have a good year this year. Worthy as #1? Not in my book, but i don't see any other team that could take the place now anyway so there they should stay until they lose. Clemson is going to be a force to be reckoned with for sure. I expect us to win the ACC this year as well as a BCS bowl. An underrated national champion hopeful as well. Clemson is probably one of the most talented teams at skill positions this year. Look for James Davis, Cullen Harper, and CJ Spiller to be on Heisman watch lists. We have the best 1 2 punch in college football this year.

The Pac10, Big Ten, and Big Twelve are all jokes IMO. 1-2 teams that are consistent or close to consistent year in and year out. The SEC is hands down the best, and i seriously think the ACC is 2nd in line, and thats not because i am biased. Reguardless, football is NOTHING like it is in the South. Its by far the best atmosphere ever. Nothing can match southern football. College towns like Clemson and Athens are one of a kind. I HATE how the media puts Ohio State, USC, etc in the top 5 every year. Its just a media market, they don't deserve it IMO.

I LIVE for College Football, its the one thing that keeps me sane in the fall. Nothing can beat it. Nothing. If its not football in the south, its hardly football. ;)

For those on the outside looking in, college football in the south is a religion. Every Saturday you gather at hallowed, historic university grounds and tailgate HOURS before the game with friends you don't even know, all with anticipation building of the game. Its leaving 6-8 hours early thinking you will be able to slide right into your parking space only to find out that you are about 2 hours to late and the crowd is already there. Its the Swamp, the Death Valleys, the UGA mascots, the endless traditions going back 50+ years, the rubbing of magical rocks before you enter the stadium, and then into a stadium filled to capacity with 80,000 plus going crazy for every single game. Its about the bands and pregame, all building that anticipation up. You are born with an allegiance. Its either Clemson or South Carolina, Georgia or Georgia Tech, Mississippi or Mississippi St, Florida or Florida state. Rivlary runs deep here. Deeper then any Ohio State/Michigan could know and understand. Its hard fought trench warfare rivalries fought since years like 1893 or 1896. Fans down here feel dedicated to their team. States down south are not hosting major Pro football teams, its all college ball here. Whole states shut down during Rivalry week to watch the game, it determines who has bragging rights for the next 364 days. Its being able to set decibel level records for stadiums at 126-127 decibels. Its not just a game, its a lifestyle.

Some youtube videos to pump you up.

[hide=]Its.....GAMETIME! When you hear it, you get chills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXkbhItH3nM

Get pumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHj10mV_iww

Probably one of the best games of the decade.

[/hide]

[hide=]jamesdavis3.jpg

1745clemson.jpg[/hide]

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Clemson Tigers! Biggest game of opening week is in Atlanta Clemson vs Alabama! I'll be there for sure.

I think the dawgs will have a good year this year. Worthy as #1? Not in my book, but i don't see any other team that could take the place now anyway so there they should stay until they lose. Clemson is going to be a force to be reckoned with for sure. I expect us to win the ACC this year as well as a BCS bowl. An underrated national champion hopeful as well. Clemson is probably one of the most talented teams at skill positions this year. Look for James Davis, Cullen Harper, and CJ Spiller to be on Heisman watch lists. We have the best 1 2 punch in college football this year.

The Pac10, Big Ten, and Big Twelve are all jokes IMO. 1-2 teams that are consistent or close to consistent year in and year out. The SEC is hands down the best, and i seriously think the ACC is 2nd in line, and thats not because i am biased. Reguardless, football is NOTHING like it is in the South. Its by far the best atmosphere ever. Nothing can match southern football. College towns like Clemson and Athens are one of a kind. I HATE how the media puts Ohio State, USC, etc in the top 5 every year. Its just a media market, they don't deserve it IMO.

I LIVE for College Football, its the one thing that keeps me sane in the fall. Nothing can beat it. Nothing. If its not football in the south, its hardly football. ;)

For those on the outside looking in, college football in the south is a religion. Every Saturday you gather at hallowed, historic university grounds and tailgate HOURS before the game with friends you don't even know, all with anticipation building of the game. Its leaving 6-8 hours early thinking you will be able to slide right into your parking space only to find out that you are about 2 hours to late and the crowd is already there. Its the Swamp, the Death Valleys, the UGA mascots, the endless traditions going back 50+ years, the rubbing of magical rocks before you enter the stadium, and then into a stadium filled to capacity with 80,000 plus going crazy for every single game. Its about the bands and pregame, all building that anticipation up. You are born with an allegiance. Its either Clemson or South Carolina, Georgia or Georgia Tech, Mississippi or Mississippi St, Florida or Florida state. Rivlary runs deep here. Deeper then any Ohio State/Michigan could know and understand. Its hard fought trench warfare rivalries fought since years like 1893 or 1896. Fans down here feel dedicated to their team. States down south are not hosting major Pro football teams, its all college ball here. Whole states shut down during Rivalry week to watch the game, it determines who has bragging rights for the next 364 days. Its being able to set decibel level records for stadiums at 126-127 decibels. Its not just a game, its a lifestyle.

Some youtube videos to pump you up.

[hide=]Its.....GAMETIME! When you hear it, you get chills.

Get pumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHj10mV_iww

Probably one of the best games of the decade.

[/hide]

[hide=]jamesdavis3.jpg

1745clemson.jpg[/hide]

Great post. =D>

I do disagree with you ranking the ACC #2 though, it's going through some rough times. Clemson is a very good team, but after that, the talent drops significantly. I really hope Clemson and UGA start a series in the near future though, I loved watching us play.

ugafan2009.png

I've been to A&M. A&M vs Clemson a few years back. Great atmoshpere and nice fans, i'd go back.

You would love a Tech versus UT game, then. A&M games hardly have half the atmosphere.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

The ACC is full of talent, just gets no chance to shine from anyone outside of the ACC. FSU, Wake, VT, and GT are all loaded with talent and have had great recruiting classes. As well as Clemson. You should see a lot of noise from the ACC either this year or definitely next year in 2009. Loads of new coaching changes should be evident as well. Boston College returns a very stern and stout defense, even without Matt Ryan they should fair well. UNC will be breaking back onto the scene in the next couple of years as well. New coaching staff and a new spark. Same for Miami.

9 days baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECLJ90TQtYc

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

A friend of mine went to the Michigan-App game, that must have been insane to see that many people silent while you are going absolutely insane. I was watching this game at this place with like 500 other App people on campus, and I have to say that was the most exciting moment of my life

MY FAVORITE BAND:

A friend of mine went to the Michigan-App game, that must have been insane to see that many people silent while you are going absolutely insane. I was watching this game at this place with like 500 other App people on campus, and I have to say that was the most exciting moment of my life

I was there. All us freshmen sitting together were pumped for our first game, expecting to see in person why Michigan's so legendary. Then we get that game. We get burnt on the field, then hours later realize we all got terrible sunburns. It was a pretty depressing day.

collage football is not bad but... i can't wait till basketball season NCAA and NBA =D

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

collage football is not bad but... i can't wait till basketball season NCAA and NBA =D

Football > Basketball every time for me. But I do look forward to seeing how my Sixers are going to do with newly acquired Elton Brand, been waiting for this since the beating by LA in the championship with AI :(

I think UGA is gonna slip up once or twice. AT South Carolina, AT Arizona St, AT LSU, AT Auburn. All potential losses. They have a BRUTAL schedule. Two easy games early on but then hit after hit. Thats why i don't see UGA winning it all or staying at #1. Although if they pull it off there will be no BCS questions about it.

UGA Schedule:

[hide=]at South Carolina

at No. 15 Arizona State

No. 24 Alabama

No. 18 Tennessee

Vanderbilt

No. 7 LSU

No. 5 Florida

at Kentucky

at No. 10 Auburn

Georgia Tech[/hide]

It'd be awesome if App State did it twice, but its highly unlikely. I'll be pulling for them though. They still have some weapons.

GAHHHHHHH i can't wait to head to Atlanta next weekend! Alabama vs Clemson. Two big time southern programs clashing midway between the two in a neutral site. ESPN Gameday will be there, and i have a feeling Clemson will yet again, set another Georgia Dome attendance record for one of their games there. Marke it down. ;) Best game of opening Saturday IMO. Its not one of those easy wins to start the season, this is big time win or lose can make or break the whole season. Someone is going home disappointed....i fully expect, and hope its Alabama.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg