This weeks updates [Forum Post]

SomeWelshGuy

No front page announcement yet, but Jagex have posted this on the forum:

Today, we have made a few changes to the Great Orb Project minigame:

-You are now able to sign up for the minigame with any of the wizard apprentices

-You can now sign up to whichever team currently has the least players

-If a game lacks enough players it will instantly finish

-Reward tokens will be given whether you win, lose or draw, based upon how well you've done

-A number of useful phrases have been added to Quick Chat for this minigame

Elriss will now also accept tiaras and staves as proof that you own the relevant Runecrafting talismans.

We have also added some functionality to the run energy icon located next to the minimap. Clicking on this icon will now toggle your run energy on or off in the same way as the 'Run' button in the Options panel of the interface does. The button in the Options panel is still there, should you prefer, as is the ability to press CTRL + mouse-click to run.

In other news:

-The look of the dwarf multicannon in RuneScape High Detail has been improved

-The Skillcape of Hitpoints and some other capes and items have been fixed

Taken from the sticky in the RSOF: http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?15,16,391,57457906

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

i hope thats not their idea of the weekly update... :evil:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Lol, it's just a bug fix, these happen every few days. Wait until this week's update comes and then you can post a thread called "this weeks update". It will probably be the firemaking minigame :P

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Lol, it's just a bug fix, these happen every few days. Wait until this week's update comes and then you can post a thread called "this weeks update". It will probably be the firemaking minigame :P

Just took what the title of the thread is in the RSOF - it's called "This week's updates...".

I really like the new option :thumbsup:

i've been ctrl + clicking forever it gets annoying real fast

they could have just let that be the one update tonight and I would have been happy

dethklok123copy-2.gif

Goals:

Str: 86/90

Hitpoints: 85/90

Fletching: 96/99

Fishing: 74/80

Prayer: 61/70

Woodcutting: 82/85

Magic 80/80

We have also added some functionality to the run energy icon located next to the minimap. Clicking on this icon will now toggle your run energy on or off in the same way as the 'Run' button in the Options panel of the interface does.

Finally! Best recent update after the tabbed bank.

Just took what the title of the thread is in the RSOF - it's called "This week's updates...".

Aww okay :( Was called "System Update" when they first posted it I think. Oh well, I guess we'll get the firemaking minigame next week then.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Aww okay :( Was called "System Update" when they first posted it I think. Oh well, I guess we'll get the firemaking minigame next week then.

Yea, was looking forward to the firemaking update, but oh well.

-Reward tokens will be given whether you win, lose or draw, based upon how well you've done

This is nice though. I have been in several games where you just ended up 1 orb below the winner and in the end you got nothing. Maybe now you can get a decent award if you just work hard on it.

It would be nice to hear from someone who played under the new conditions.

i hope thats not their idea of the weekly update... :evil:

God forbid they take a week off to prepare for the new Firemaking additions, who the hell do they think they are?! :|

yeah... we want our updates!!! muhahaha anyways at least they could do it official on the main page =P~

i can't wait for fm update maybe if its good ill get to 14m fm xp with it and get some ranks

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Nice, this is exactly what I wanted to see happen to the game. :)

Now I just need to finish crafting the last 1k of the essence I bought the day before the RC guild came out.

Nice, this is exactly what I wanted to see happen to the game. :)

Now I just need to finish crafting the last 1k of the essence I bought the day before the RC guild came out.

I've bene waiting for this for ages <3: . Now plaing GOP wont be a waste of time. 99 rc pl0x.

ZOMG!!!

No firesmaking updates this week? nooooooooo!!!

[/sarcasm]

Well whats 1 more week to wait for an update on the lamest skill out there...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

ZOMG!!!

[/sarcasm]

why not wait flamming the update before it out? it just might bring something fun to the skill(which i infact like and find relaxing)

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

ZOMG!!!

[/sarcasm]

why not wait flamming the update before it out? it just might bring something fun to the skill(which i infact like and find relaxing)

It might (hopefully), or it might just be another range guild update :wall:

ZOMG!!!

[/sarcasm]

Flaming an update to the Firemaking skill? :lol:

This just means that there will be a "proper" update next week, we always knew there'd be one week without one and these updates while small are useful and are the sort of things that are included with the "proper" updates but people tend to look over.

ARRGH! He accepts Tiaras AFTER I've gone through all the trouble with buying Talismans with Tokens?!

But I like that they've added that Run-toggle.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

Great update.

1. Run on main screen is so useful.

2. Tiaras can now be used, yay! Thank god I didn't actually get another death talisman the old way.

3. Most importantly though you get tokens even if your team lose in GOP. Why this wasn't the case anyway is beyond me as it gives the losing team an incentive to play on. Something like 5 tokens per orb then an extra 25 tokens if you draw, or 50 if you win was a suggestion I made with a few friends.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

While it is still possible, I would not expect it too much. With the wording on the ROF being that it is "this week's update" I really do not see us getting the Firemaking minigame this week. Here is to hoping though.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png