Holiday Event Items, please come back.

ssbmbeliever

This topic is for those who want old holiday items to come back.

In my case, I missed Christmas 2006 and back.

Maybe jagex will look at this and think, "maybe this guy's got a point," maybe they'll just look and say, "oh no, not another one of these guys." Personally IDC, but I would love to be able to get items from before my knowledge of runescape.

Maybe they could make the event harder than the original.

I mean, why spend all that time planning code for the events only to have it last 2weeks and then be destroyed.

Please jagex, if you read this, do something.

Also, maybe if we get enough people posting this on runescape forums, they'll get a better idea of how many people want this. Because it seems they've been listening, I think this just might work.

Take for example those that have been playing since classic, they spend 5years, and get all those holiday items, then they get banned. So what was all of that for?

This update could help anyone and everyone.

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Things

1.No

2.No

3.Hell no

If you weren't there it's your loss. Besides it's just an outfit, doesn't enhance your game playing ability.

P.S. Jeepers creepers I have normal sized peepers -.-

1288581197250-1.jpg

Yeah and why don't they just re-drop Party Hats and Masks and completely destroy the Rares market while they're at it hmm?

Its called a one-time event for a reason. If you're there you get your item, if not then get over it.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

They show how long you played.. And like the above poster said, being on enough and dedicated to the game to have all them since you played and not missing any.

If you want a holiday item go buy a santa and stop complaining.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

JAGeX is never going to drop the same Holiday Item twice. If they did, then their sedimentary value (is that how you spell it??) would diminish, and they would hardly be special any more.

Off Topic: A moderator should really put this into RuneScape Bugs and Suggestions, but if a moderator does to anything, they will probably lock this thread.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Hate to jump on the bandwagon but Nooooooooo.

The whole idea of holiday items is for a fun event at the time, but for the future to show others how long you've been playing.

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

ok bad idea i guess, but what about those who didn't even know runescape existed?

power_ness.png

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

ok bad idea i guess, but what about those who didn't even know runescape existed?

What on earth are you going on about?!

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

What on earth are you going on about?!

I only found out about runescape in 2006, and just the other day as i was training my range pure, I saw a guy who was lvl 8 and it was his first account, not a skiller either.This was about 2-3weeks ago... He missed like 16events, prolly cause he didnt even know about it.

BTW, sorry bout the big font, won't happen again.

power_ness.png

Okay, but why do you have to incorporate it into a thread about Holiday Items? I cannot see how the two are linked.

ojdv.jpg

Okay, but why do you have to incorporate it into a thread about Holiday Items? I cannot see how the two are linked.

If we didn't know that runescape existed it's unfair that just for that we can't get holiday items porevious to our discovery.

power_ness.png

If you miss the events, then tough cookie really.

That's that.

I still find it unfair...

power_ness.png

If you miss the events, then tough cookie really.

That's that.

I still find it unfair...

What's unfair about it? If you miss a competition or free event in real life, then why would they have it again because you missed it? It's ludicrous.

ojdv.jpg

ye i guess you're right, but sometimes it's either that you know about it and choose not to go, you know about it but it's too far away, or you just can't.As you usually know what's happening in your area.

In this case, you don't know anything runescape, but you could play runescape (once you find out about it.)

power_ness.png

ye i guess you're right, but sometimes it's either that you know about it and choose not to go, you know about it but it's too far away, or you just can't.As you usually know what's happening in your area.

In this case, you don't know anything runescape, but you could play runescape (once you find out about it.)

I still cannot see which point you are coming across though. You keep talking about new players and events. Why would they need to know about them anyway? If they played for long enough then they would encounter their first event and not think twice about previous items. And besides, most people who join RuneScape usually do a bit of research before they play so they understand everything and how it ticks.

ojdv.jpg

Oh look, another one who thinks that just because he didn't play during the holiday events deserves the reward. :roll:

You don't come crying to forums when you've missed your bus to school, or failed to enter a competition. Life's tough, in the sense that you can't have everything you want. So what if you missed the events! Nothing would be different if you had those silly holiday items or not. Nothing. Unless you hope they drop partyhats, masks, santas, ears and scythes again, that's a absolute no no.

No old holiday items can and will ever be re-obtained by who weren't around to get them on the holiday event days. Period.

dontfearthereaper2.png

I still cannot see which point you are coming across though. You keep talking about new players and events. Why would they need to know about them anyway? If they played for long enough then they would encounter their first event and not think twice about previous items. And besides, most people who join RuneScape usually do a bit of research before they play so they understand everything and how it ticks.

It kinda disheartening to see someone with a yo-yo longing to have that item and knowing you can't, yes that is the main item I want. And for the second bolded part; I know they do, I was saying they had no knowledge of it's existence at the time of the good events, I am glad for this year's christmas though.

Also i've done every event I knew of, which is all since christmas 2006, I just didn't get that one because I didn't understand where the dungeon was.

power_ness.png

Ok, I give up, can a mod lock this, I just realized how pointless this is.

power_ness.png

I want a Scythe...

finally someone on my side...

and look at his level, 102...

This has to be proof that there are great people out there who want to get the holiday items that came before their time, or what about the people who weren't even born when the event went by? I'm talking about future people btw.

power_ness.png

I want a Scythe...

finally someone on my side...

and look at his level, 102...

This has to be proof that there are great people out there who want to get the holiday items that came before their time, or what about the people who weren't even born when the event went by? I'm talking about future people btw.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think he meant it the way you read it. Each one of us all wants a Holiday item back, but we all know that we cannot have one again. And why would his Combat level have anything to do with that anyway?

ojdv.jpg