Firemaking update/another minigame?

Saslfraz

Not content with updating one skill this month, we've decided to reignite Firemaking too. In Varrock, King Roald has become increasingly wary of the evil eyes casting greedy looks at his city, so he'll be taking precautions: fourteen warning beacons, running from the River Salve to the western end of the Wilderness. The problem is, no one will be available to test them out, so - surprise, surprise - you'll become the most suitable candidate.

So begins All Fired Up, a sizzling new quest that acts as a simple and very short tutorial for beacon lighting. What can you do with large cauldrons full of sticks, you may ask? Well, your task, if you should choose to accept it, will be to light as many as possible at one time, offering you an entertaining and alternative method for training your Firemaking - oh, and the rewards will make you the toast of firemakers everywhere...

What do you think of the Firemaking update coming this month?

How do you think it'll change firemaking as we know it?

Do you think it'll be f2p?

And what do you think the toasting rewards will be?

I personally think we'll be seeing a lot less fires around the GE/Other popular firemaking spots.

Since it says "A sizzling new quest that acts as a simple and very short tutorial for beacon lighting I think the possibilities of it being f2p are somewhat high.

Though hopefully the minigame isn't as dull as the Rc minigame.

What type of rewards would toast firemakers everywhere?

An equip able tinderbox, and you can just left click a log to burn it, no more use tinderbox -> X log.

And maybe when they say the rewards will "toast firemakers everywhere" they mean it!

Fire robes (Not lava, actually robes that are on fire XD!) or something close.

Agree, disagree? Want to post your ideas about the quest/minigame?

Go ahead and discuss!

08sig.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And maybe when they say the rewards will "toast firemakers everywhere" they mean it!

Maybe they mean we can go set other people on fire... \'

But its pretty questionable if it would be f2p, its a new quest, and f2p hasn't had a quest in forever, but its a pretty simple skill that could be for f2p....so its pretty questionable.

Hopefully though we should get some useful/cool rewards, fireworks anyone?

Dr_Brinner.png

No, it says that they will be the toast of firemakers everywhere. Not quite the same thing, I'm afraid.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

Maybe they mean we can go set other people on fire... \'

But its pretty questionable if it would be f2p, its a new quest, and f2p hasn't had a quest in forever, but its a pretty simple skill that could be for f2p....so its pretty questionable.

Hopefully though we should get some useful/cool rewards, fireworks anyone?

And loot their stuff, who needs pking when we have pbing!?(Player Burning)

F2pers got a quest not to long ago, learning the ropes, though..You could hardly call that a quest.

But since it's short and basicly a guide the reward for it isn't going to be epic, except like You can now play the Beacon Lighting minigame

500 exp to Firemaking and that would be it.

Fireworks would be fun, though I don't see how they would help you with firemaking...

08sig.png

F2pers got a quest not to long ago, learning the ropes, though..You could hardly call that a quest.

But since it's short and basicly a guide the reward for it isn't going to be epic, except like You can now play the Beacon Lighting minigame

Fireworks would be fun, though I don't see how they would help you with firemaking...

It wasn't a quest, it was a tutorial.

It'll probably be as long as other introduction quests, like Wolf Whislte (I doubt it will be f2p)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

It'll probably be as long as other introduction quests, like Wolf Whislte (I doubt it will be f2p)

But it gave quest points.

When did something that wasn't a quest give quest points?

08sig.png

gosh this is the only mini game that i want it to be f2p

not because f2p deserve all the updates we can get (we don't)

but till the day the updates is here i am crossing my finger and i hope it requires an uber high level fm to get in (help motivate me to fm,only 46)

but since i am f2p i won't get my hopes up and won't be sad if it is p2p because they deserve it more.

big_mac911.png

big_mac911.png

They stated that the quest will act as a tutorial. What they mean is something similar to Druidric Ritual or Wolf Whistle.

j0xPu5R.png

*looks at sig*

'Nuff said. Lumbridge is GOING DOWN.

And the reward could be the phoenix familiar, able to light fires out of ashes for .5 the exp or something, or a one-click log burner.

I'd hate to see a phoenix reduced to a log-burner though :(

^ you just reminded me of the phoenix, i reckon that will be the reward to be the 'toast of all firemakers', the abilty to make them, or the reward for doing the minigame type thing will be the second for their pouch.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

^ you just reminded me of the phoenix, i reckon that will be the reward to be the 'toast of all firemakers', the abilty to make them, or the reward for doing the minigame type thing will be the second for their pouch.

Good point, they did promise us a phoenix, which we haven't gotten yet... I think we can probably expect that next week.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

*looks at sig*

'Nuff said. Lumbridge is GOING DOWN.

And the reward could be the phoenix familiar, able to light fires out of ashes for .5 the exp or something, or a one-click log burner.

I'd hate to see a phoenix reduced to a log-burner though :(

Ah well then that blows a hole in this topic :lol:!

Or should I say, burned a hole through it :twss:

08sig.png

It will be F2P, Jagex is updating F2P just about as much as they are updating P2P. As long as it's fun I don't care.. by the way, don't be proud you're 'pure' f2p. It isn't hard to not pay.

It will be F2P, Jagex is updating F2P just about as much as they are updating P2P. As long as it's fun I don't care.. by the way, don't be proud you're 'pure' f2p. It isn't hard to not pay.

Wtf, what was that for?

Uncalled for much?

08sig.png

im looking forward to the update. i like firemaking and got 99 around 2 weeks ago so this might be a good way to get into the top 5k fm'ers

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Unless they are expanding the F2P map eastwards to the Temple on the Salve (aka Paterdomus), its atleast now wholey going to be F2P

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Hope I can do it, just got 60 Firemaking to unlock balloon routes.

I hope the update makes firemaking feel like a skill & not a repetitive clicking sequence.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Even though they claim if for everyone, I get the sneaking suspiction is going to be a branch of the Underground goblin city thing.

Everyone thinks everything has something to do with the underground goblins now a days >_

Where did you find this, it's not on the front page for me.

Also curse my low FM skill! >.<

August BTS, it's a few weeks old...

08sig.png