Is my IQ of 145 any good?

Princess Viola

Like said above, it's common knowledge IQ tests are geared towards people living in western societies and cultures, it's slightly biased.

But still it doesn't explain how, for example, asians score usually significantly better than whites in these tests, even though it's not made for them culturally.

It doensn't mean "whites are dumber than asians and blacks are dumber than whites". It's just the common average. If you were to pick a random japanese person and a random american/european white person, the japanese would on AVERAGE score about 5-6 points higher on an IQ test.

Deviation exists though, the white person could get 127 and the japanese guy could get 97, while a black guy got 131. One test means nothing and shouldn't be basis for racist generalizations.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like said above, it's common knowledge IQ tests are geared towards people living in western societies and cultures, it's slightly biased.

But still it doesn't explain how, for example, asians score usually significantly better than whites in these tests, even though it's not made for them culturally.

It doensn't mean "whites are dumber than asians and blacks are dumber than whites". It's just the common average. If you were to pick a random japanese person and a random american/european white person, the japanese would on AVERAGE score about 5-6 points higher on an IQ test.

Deviation exists though, the white person could get 127 and the japanese guy could get 97, while a black guy got 131. One test means nothing and shouldn't be basis for racist generalizations.

A good summation if I do say so myself. Of course those tests are going to be biased. Deviation is great, wouldn't you agree?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Could anyone be kind enough to post a link to a *Safe* online IQ test? I have a feeling mine's below 90.

And I'm armed with photoshop and MS paint once the results are out so I'll definitely post the pic here.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Most Psychological testing uses a 5% level of significance. a 5 point deviation from a base score of 100 wouldn't be considered significant. Asians score consistantly higher on average on IQ tests but not significantly so.

Moving away from discussing the performance of different racial groups would be a good idea. Have you ever wondered how intelligent are the people who create the tests? Are they the world's most intelligent people? If not, how can they devise questions that they don't have the intelligence to work out the answer to?

Dear Returned3,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 116

Ummm yea, I did this while smithing iron knives in 5 minutes. There was about 40 questions, I did 20+ truthfully and the rest was randomly guessed. Yes I am showing off.... HAHA mah iq r thr33 d1geets.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

IQ is a ridiculous way of measuring intelligence. It only really represents "book smart", having a IQ of 160 wont help you out when you're being chased, getting mugged, have people firing guns at you or other dangerous real life situations where "street smart" is needed.

I remember this debate from a while ago.. In one of my classes we decided to test the online tests. We got about 5 different online tests and we decided to take them twice, in two different manners. We each went through them answering as best we could, the best of the 5 gave me an IQ of 162 (though its name escapes me) and worst of around 156. Then we decided to retake them as some sort of blind one-eyed chimp dosed up to its eyeballs on tranquillisers (i.e. flunk it). The lowest score I got then was 102 and highest of 108. Now even if we say the lowest possible to score is say 80, theyre still giving a 20+ of buffer.

That said, the only IQ test ive taken on paper (which my school ordered) I scored a 148. Though I believe the MENSA requirement varies on age, and I took the test when I was early/mid-teens. Problem is, IQ doesnt really help all that much in real situations or subjects.

knkcopy.jpg

Thats pretty good, it's above average, but IQ test's are generally inaccurate anyway.

I remember they ask questions like:

If everyone in class A is called Tim, Timothy and Timmy, and everyone in Class B is called Nick, Nicolas and Nicky, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!

Anyway, forget IQ's and stuff, as i learned the hard way, in real life, your Book smarts and IQ means nothing. If your a nice guy with social skills and stuff to show for it, that seems to be more important :shock:

However, i'm still in Mensa. xD

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Is it racism to say black people are better athletes than other ethnicities for example? No.. They just in general have a physique better fit for some sports like running. It's a fact, and it's not racist to admit it.

Yes, it is. Racism is the belief that the human human species can be divided into races, and that all races have unique qualities. If it is a fact, then racism is a fact. If a person with dark skin is denied a certain thing or activity because statistics show that people with dark skin have a lower IQ than other people, it is racist discrimination. Racism and racist discrimination is not necessarily the same. Still, racism, the belief in itself, has potential to lead to arrogance and racist discrimination, which is why many people think of it as negative.

The idea of measuring the IQ different "races" is a racist idea, and looking at the politically incorrect language, I would suspect the motivation would be to use these statistics in racist discrimination.

Dear Ceaserian Øgly,

Your general IQ score is: 130

I suppose that's a good score, considering that AM English is not my native language and I had some problems with words.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

The idea of measuring the IQ different "races" is a racist idea, and looking at the politically incorrect language, I would suspect the motivation would be to use these statistics in racist discrimination.

What motive would a bunch of white professors have in declaring that asians constantly score higher on IQ tests than any other race? I think you're not being objective. They don't have a motivation; It's just the result of their research.

Yes, it is. Racism is the belief that the human human species can be divided into races, and that all races have unique qualities.

Racism is a hateful belief that degrades human beings. It has nothing to do with those studies.

I'm the farthest thing from a racist there is (and my parents are of 2 totally different religions), and I can still acknowledge ethnicities have differences.

Really, besides a few miracle runners and Yao Ming, asians will get crushed in basketball by black players and track running. Besides a few naturally talented smart black guys, asians will score a lot higher on an IQ test than black people. Those are just crude, un-racist examples which apply in the real world.

Or is it also racist to say asian people are on average about 10-15cm shorter than europeans? That's a racial difference. It's not hateful to state a fact which exists. (That no longer has to do with the topic at hand, IQ, though)

Then i think you are able to become a member of Mensa.

I believe mensa is 160+

so... he needs to increase his IQ by 15.

:thumbup:

Your math skills are brilliant. ::'

When I got 143 on an online IQ test, I knew it was rubbish. To be honest, there probably is no great, official, accurate IQ test. Or maybe there is.

drm-iq-test.png

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Since people seem to be taking this test specifically, it cant hurt.

Dear Derp,

Your general IQ score is: 151

Equip 'certificate of ego'.

'certificate of ego' was equipped.

You feel a sense of superiority overwhelm you.

Ego +10.

knkcopy.jpg

Asking people if an IQ of 145, which you undoubtedly know is great, is OK? What kind of a conceited [puncture] do you have to be to do that? Seriously, stuck-up people like you should all be put together on an island for a day, and you'll either see how irritating your behaviour is, or you'll make some lovely friends so you no longer have to prance around alone in your dazzling divinity.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

You realise that IQtest.com is likely to be immensely inaccurate?

I'm not taking it because it's too long :P

You are wrong. IQTest gave me a huge IQ, therefore it is the most trusted source of information on the internet.

If anything, its way too short. And it doesnt have anything that involves any mental manipulation like those 3D puzzles you get in a lot of tests.

Ex;

1214451311040.jpg

I prefer the 'Test the Nation' IQ thing that the BBC do occasionally. Last time it gave me a more reasonable score of 140. The questions they use are a lot more suited to an actual IQ test.

knkcopy.jpg

If you got 145 in a genuine IQ test then you damn-well know whether it's good or not, so this thread is nothing more than gloating. In that case for all your supposed intelligence you clearly lack wisdom.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Everyone on tip.it is a genius if they are to be believed.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

So gang, should I make this the official "Show off how much of an awesome person you are" thread or what?

Yes, your IQ of 145 is simply mind-blowing. We all bow down before your greatness and intelectual superiorness.

rickastleywh7.png

That would be nearly impossible to meet, 160+ can't be trained for and is nearly without exception genetical abnormally high intelligence, about 0.02-0.05% of the population have 160 or over..

Mensa requires 132 but these days they will also accept other kind of test results than IQ, here's a list.

My I.Q is 163, but your right it is extremely rare.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

It's amazing how the average IQ on this forum is about 140, with the lowest IQ ever posted here being 115. Funny thing is, I'm willing to bet the person who posted that was probably the smartest person here.

I don't know what it is about forum users that make them honestly believe they have an IQ of over 130. This is in no way directed at you Ugozima, you just happened to be the latest in the perpetual series of threads of posts of people saying they took this test and think they are Mensa material. You may think you are smart, good with computers and math, and you might even have a great SAT score; but you are no genius. Are you graduating from High school at the age of 10? Can you do tell me what the cosine of 27 is without a calculator? Can you tell me what is wrong with the circled section of this Fermilab calculation? That last example was a bit of a joke but I think you get my point. There are people that can do these aforementioned things with ease, and they don't have an IQ of 140. You have an IQ of 145 and honestly don't know if its good or not? I would believe you more if you said you slept with Sarah Palin.

That would be nearly impossible to meet, 160+ can't be trained for and is nearly without exception genetical abnormally high intelligence, about 0.02-0.05% of the population have 160 or over..

Mensa requires 132 but these days they will also accept other kind of test results than IQ, here's a list.

My I.Q is 163, but your right it is extremely rare.

I would believe you more if you said you killed Sarah Palin last year.

My IQ is OVER 9000.

Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Roberthree's IQ level?

It's over 9000!!!!!

What?! 9000?! There's no way that can be right!

=D>

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Anyway, is my IQ of 145 a good IQ? I took an IQ test three days ago (The first one I remember, the first one I took I got 145 also)

If afterwards you felt a strange shaking sensation and a voice getting louder and louder saying, "wake up, it's time for school." Then probably not.