Is my IQ of 145 any good?

Princess Viola

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was an online test I wouldn't trust it much. Such a test would probably tell you the average IQ anyway, which would suggest some kind of boasting on your part.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Anyway, is my IQ of 145 a good IQ? I took an IQ test three days ago (The first one I remember, the first one I took I got 145 also)

no it isn't.....

for IQ tests... the lower the number, the smarter you are. :shock: :o :ohnoes: #-o

Then i think you are able to become a member of Mensa.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Anyway, is my IQ of 145 a good IQ? I took an IQ test three days ago (The first one I remember, the first one I took I got 145 also)

no it isn't.....

for IQ tests... the lower the number, the smarter you are. :shock: :o :ohnoes: #-o

Srsly. If you have to ask, you're either showing off, [cabbage]ting, or trying to show off by [cabbage]ting. :wall:

Well it's not impossible that a zezima123550 with referral links to a clickwar in his sig could actually have near-mensa level IQ, just pretty unlikely. Scores of over 140 represent 0.10%-0.25% of any given western country's population depending on the source... It could also be a fake or unrealistic test (online tests shouldn't even be referenced)

The average score is about 100 in western countries, 105 in asian countries, 95 in african countries etc.. Source

That would be nearly impossible to meet, 160+ can't be trained for and is nearly without exception genetical abnormally high intelligence, about 0.02-0.05% of the population have 160 or over..

Mensa requires 132 but these days they will also accept other kind of test results than IQ, here's a list.

Then i think you are able to become a member of Mensa.

I believe mensa is 160+

so... he needs to increase his IQ by 15.

:thumbup:

Your math skills are brilliant. ::'

When I got 143 on an online IQ test, I knew it was rubbish. To be honest, there probably is no great, official, accurate IQ test. Or maybe there is.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I was born with 139 :S

It might have fluctuated since I was tested 13 years ago.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

could you make the fact that you're trying to gloat any more obvious? you didn't just walk into an IQ test not knowing what you were doing.

unless, of course, you were so full of yourself, you didnt need to know what you were doing, you just took it as an opportunity to show off. Double wammy!

100 is the standard. does that suit your ego?

No. Your intelligence cannot be measured by paper; he must be measured by your actions, reasoning, and maturity. All in which you can never put on a piece of paper.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

No. Your intelligence cannot be measured by paper; he must be measured by your actions, reasoning, and maturity. All in which you can never put on a piece of paper.

I beg to differ. Some members of mensa are poor, lazy, and on welfare. Still, that doesn't take their genius status away. What about child prodigies as well?

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

My IQ is OVER 9000. Your puny 145 is nothing compared to my sheer awesomeness. Bow before me or I will smite thee with the telekinesis gained by those with such supreme intellect.

see? i can brag about my IQ on the internet better than you. nyah nya nya nyah

I usually manage to hit 135-7 on an online IQ test... on a bad day... while I'm at work.. and cannot concentrate on anything...

I believe my personal best... was somewhere above this. #-o [yep.. cannot remember]

anywyas, in respond to bluelancer's post...

IQ can be trained.

take a standard IQ test. they're all logical test... with a bit of math... some english vocab... etc.

Anything can be trained. :wall:

For the record, MENSA IQ tests do NOT include English vocabulary. Some of you have real IQ tests confused with skill tests, which is what you mostly find online or get on schools. Just wanted to clarify that. :) The "real" IQ tests are about pure mathematical logics.

The possibility of the topic poster being correct is about the same as the percent of people with an IQ of 145, as most people with high intelligence tends to hide real measured scores rather than post them on random forums.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I want to do a proper IQ test.

The only ones I've done are the internet ones, and my results averaged from 123-138 so I highly doubt its accurate :P

Anyway I reckon he's telling crap, or showing off, or most likely both- Trying to show off his crap.

But if its true its bloody impressive.

Btw, do you get like a certificate or anything saying that your IQ is anything, cos he could just take a photo.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

IQ tests prove nothing.

an autistic person could be scored with an IQ of 90 but be amazing at mathematics, poetry, or any other field.

but go ahead and flaunt your IQ like every insecure guy with a hummer.

anywyas, in respond to bluelancer's post...

IQ can be trained.

take a standard IQ test. they're all logical test... with a bit of math... some english vocab... etc.

Anything can be trained. :wall:

160+ can't be trained for

It's generally accepted few people can "push" their IQ past 5-10 points their original since taking it for the first time at 15+ years old (easier before that age, harder after)

If your natural IQ is 105 for example, you're never going to be able to push it to 160 or higher. It's simply impossible. You might achieve 110-115 if you're a very hard worker and smart.

Teaching someone how to make their brain function can't be done. You can improve on vocabulary, mathematics, but you can't affect the amount of nerves in your head, core ability to solve problems, etc... There's very little if anything you can do to fight genetics.

For example I got 117 on a real life IQ test.. I would practically never be able to push it to 130 unless I dedicated my entire life to it.

Is it possible to increase our intelligence?

It is. But with how much depends to a large extent on your age. The younger you are, the more you can improve your scores. With intellectual training, especially with help of a repertoire of problem solving methods and approaches, and practice with IQ-tests, it is possible to score 5 - 10 points, perhaps up to one standard deviation, better on these tests.

Like someone said though, IQ, it's just a number. Someone with 90 IQ could be smarter than someone with 120. It's just a general guideline.

IQ is just a number. I took a test a few years ago (Tickle's test), which told me that my IQ was 126. Then a friend of mine told me that she had an IQ of 127, which surprised her, because she had always thought I was a lot smarter than her. Neither of our IQ tests (together with all other IQ tests) did in any way measure social abilities of creative skills, which also have quite a big impact on your ability to solve problems.

Well it's not impossible that a zezima123550 with referral links to a clickwar in his sig could actually have near-mensa level IQ, just pretty unlikely. Scores of over 140 represent 0.10%-0.25% of any given western country's population depending on the source... It could also be a fake or unrealistic test (online tests shouldn't even be referenced)

The average score is about 100 in western countries, 105 in asian countries, 95 in african countries etc.. Source

I don't really thrust that source. Hardly any serious writer uses the terms "black", "white" and "East-Asian" to describe people, so I allow myself to suspect this article for being a bit racist. Besides, who would want to examine "racial differences" if not to prove that their "race" is better than others? Had I only been able to find the original article.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

I don't really thrust that source. Hardly any serious writer uses the terms "black", "white" and "East-Asian" to describe people, so I allow myself to suspect this article for being a bit racist. Besides, who would want to examine "racial differences" if not to prove that their "race" is better than others? Had I only been able to find the original article.

The study was conducted by University of Western Ontario and Berkeley.. Search "iq differences" on their site for a hundred more studies they've done on the subject.. http://www.uwo.ca/

It's not racist, it's just a statistical fact, regardless of labeling people as 'caucasians' or 'african americans' (really ignorant term, as not all black people are even from africa). Asians score slightly higher on IQ tests than whites, whites score slightly higher than blacks, who score slightly higher than aboriginals...

Hardly racism if it's the result of objective testing..

Is it racism to say black people are better athletes than other ethnicities for example? No.. They just in general have a physique better fit for some sports like running. It's a fact, and it's not racist to admit it. Comparing physiques, just like in the above comparing IQ levels, white or asian people generally can't beat a black person in running track, etc.. Purely because of genetic reasons

It's not racist, it's just a statistical fact, regardless of labeling people as 'caucasians' or 'african americans' (really ignorant term, as not all black people are even from africa). Asians score slightly higher on IQ tests than whites, whites score slightly higher than blacks, who score slightly higher than aboriginals...

Hardly racism if it's the result of objective testing..

One of the main criticisms of IQ tests (in the US) is that they are culturally biased in favour of white, educated, middle-class americans. There have been a few studies that have shown that if the tests are phrased in a way that black working class people are more familiar with they will score higher than white, middle class people taking the same test.

Another criticism is that cognitive psychologists are divided on what intelligence actually is, so it's difficult to accurately quantify/measure something when you don't have a working definition of what it is you are trying to test.