longsword beats scimmy so bad

aarow

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was going training and asked what weapon to choose, it would be a Dragon Scimitar over a Dragon Longsword.

Anyday.

Its weaker, thats true enough. But its also faster, meaning you can get more hits in during a fight which usually makes up for its lack of strength.

Another great thing about the Scimitar is that it can train three different combat styles effectively, and all for 100,000gp.

- kMzLeader

99 Woodcutting

99 Fletching

99 Cooking

~~

Goals

~~

91/99 Range

94/99 Fishing

67/70 Summoning

7 posts.........in a row :shock: #-o for the love of god or gods,or nothing for atheists, follow Mico's advice.

Longsword, scmmy give me a big axe any day of the weak and I'm happy, its all about the preferences.

whats wronge with alot of posts? i write alot because i check on my rant like 24/7 i also edit a ton

sincerely,

battle master aarow

The speed does matter.

I recommed you test them, and see what gets you more xp/hour.

it isn't only exp. per hour its also which is better at pking, because monsters are much different than battling ppl who all have different stats due to different armer

Correct, it's not only XP per hour. Not only is d scimmy much better XP, it is far better in PVP also.

You did this without actually testing it? Sounds like your mace and warhammer topic.

i'm in battle 24/7 with my warhammer, ive tried baxe, maces dont want to cuz ide get killed as im not a pray dude (i am making pray dude w/ maces so i used them, just not good ones) and i had my freind try the longsword out, he said its kills scimmy, but then again all these are prefrences

Why are you going to get killed any faster when using a dragon longsword vs. dragon mace?

It has been tested and proven over and over that the scimmy is the better weapon. Speed is a huge variable in the equation; a weapon just being 1 speed better can easily beat the crap out of any tiny 1-3 stat bonuses.

i would agree, its a +11 stat, and FYI i guess ill test to see how many hits per second a ls can do compared to scimmy.

Don't bother, D scimmy has been proven superior by many thousands of players.

What would you choose, a weapon that has +1 attack bonus but hit once per second, or a weapon that has +200 attack bonus but hit once per hour? :mrgreen:

Longswords are 1.5x slower (from what I know) than scimitars, sorry to break your bubble.

i will test that and prove you wronge, i was just using both and couldnt tell any dif, but now ill actually see how many times a minute each hits

If you couldn't tell any difference in speed, you obviously haven't tested them very methodically.

What would you choose, a weapon that has +1 attack bonus but hit once per second, or a weapon that has +200 attack bonus but hit once per hour? :mrgreen:

Longswords are 1.5x slower (from what I know) than scimitars, sorry to break your bubble.

Exactly. Also, it must tell you something when about five times more people use the Scimmy than the Longsword lol. There is a reason for it being the preferred weapon :roll:

ppl only use it because it looked cool, then it became popular, like the baxe

Scimmy looks stupid, and saying people prefer looks over stats when training is rubbish; I haven't seen anyone at barrows with flowers and vestments lately. Scimmy is far superior, that's why it became more popular.

Scimmy is sooo much better the few att bonuses don't do anything anyway its only 1-3 slash attack more but the scimmys speed makes it so better scim FTW long FTL.

Really MM ain't that hard I di it at 70 cb and i only came close to dieing once because of lag.

If small bonuses are so 'not worth it' why do people spend millions on furys to get a few extra bonuses than glory? Or millions on bandos tasset and sacrifice defence (again saying so small it doesnt matter) but want that tiny tiny extra strength? Or those DK rings? Such a big price on a tiny bonus.

You people are redundant.

good point, those idiots probably nearly die for thos furys

Yes, we're idiots for buying furys. Thank you for pointing that out. I nearly died for my last fury. What?

It also depends on the monster... For most monsters scimmy is better.... but a dragon has a stab weakness, so a longsword is better there ... though it has been a very long time since I used a scimmy or a longsword so feel free to debate this ;)

how do u know a dragon is bad against sta? plus ls is bad w/ its stab

Because it's been tested, and D long is the best stab weapon. Speed is far more important then a small stat boost.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

7 posts.........in a row :shock: #-o for the love of god or gods,or nothing for atheists, follow Mico's advice.

Longsword, scmmy give me a big axe any day of the weak and I'm happy, its all about the preferences.

whats wronge with alot of posts? i write alot because i check on my rant like 24/7 i also edit a ton

There is nothing wrong with a lot of posts, however there is a problem with septuple posting. There is an edit button for a reason and there is really no excuse when they were like two minutes apart.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

You really don't seem to grasp the concept of speed being by far the most important stat in deciding a weapon.
if speed is more important u must use a dagger huh

Some people with 90+ range will use iron knives against black dragons purely because of speed ;)

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

The only real thing D long has better is the spec, but people just switch it for either a DBA or DDs when they have a full spec bar, then return to Scimmy. Its no coincedence that the only people using D long are the ones who cba to do monkey madness. If there was any merit in the D long then why would almost all players disregard in favour of d scimmy?

Its so obvious that D scimmy is better, this thread is worthless.

mgssteelwarol7.png

The topic creator is obviously mis-informed.

In the time it take you to hit me twice with a longsword I will hit you 3 times with a scimmy. I forget the exact maths but it is basically:

Longsword Hit 1 = 20

Scimmy Hit 1 = 18

Longsword Hit 2 = 20

Scimmy Hit 2 = 18

Scimmy Hit 3 = 18

Obviously that is if you hit max everytime. So in the same timeframe of you hitting me for 40, I would have hit you for 54.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I'm sorry, but that was the worst analogy ever... And who would use a weapon that strikes once an hour? :wall:

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

I'm sorry, but that was the worst analogy ever... And who would use a weapon that strikes once an hour? :wall:

Me if it was a guaranteed KO. Obviously I'd then switch to a scimmy... (well whip or ss but meh thats not the debate)

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I used it because apparently he didn't understand that if two weapons with about the same stats but one hits 1.5x faster, that obviously the 1.5x faster one is better. That's why I used an extreme analogy, because he wasn't really understanding something so extreme from the start. I'm sorry if it disturbed you somehow :P

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I used it because apparently he didn't understand that if two weapons with about the same stats but one hits 1.5x faster, that obviously the 1.5x faster one is better. That's why I used an extreme analogy, because he wasn't really understanding something so extreme from the start. I'm sorry if it disturbed you somehow :P

It did... It almost made me cry.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

Personally i like longsword Just look at the sig ;)

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

If you waste your spec energy on anything other than a godsword spec/dds spec, you don't know much about weapons.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

A good test duel would be one that uses what the average player uses. I.e. a Dds for specs. Anything else is just not good data.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

now you're just trying to get the last word lol

the point of those tests were not for actual situations, they were to determine the effectiveness of specific weaponry.

anyone knows how to duel, follows the basic formula of:

1. Turn on piety

2. ddp++ specs/d mace specs

3. switch out to whip

4. monitor closely

yep, pretty much how all duels are played out without godswords, potions or food

well, anyway, back on topic - scimitars are better

I don't get it if it's not meant for actual situations. O.o But I think I understand what you're getting at now. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

How many duals did you test? Were your stats and armor exactly the same as your opponent? Did you use exactly the same prayer and potions, with no specials? Did you always attack each other at exactly the same time? The differences between the two weapons are small, and any 'testing' consisting of dueling a few times with a friend and beating him 3 to 5 mean nothing whatsoever. Scimmy is better, though - methodical testing has proved it. All the opinions and stats in the world can't change the fact scimmy has been proven better many thousands of times.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

That's just wrong. The D Scimitar is proven, to be better. Fact. The longsword is proven to be worse. Fact.No amount of longsword loving will change that.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

The difference is small but it makes a difference, speed overrules everything (why is a whip so good)

I did some 'testing' and i got 4% more exp with a scim.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again