Black list of bad words

ikeforever

Well if you read the topic title, it should make some sense, but for those who did not get it, I shall explain.

With the whole censorhship thing going on in the chat to protect little ears from hearing some dirty language, Jagex made the censors, the little *'s that appear, to block the word(s) that are supposedly bad for others to hear for any particular reason. For example, you cannot curse or say "my school" because that would break rule 1 and rule 8 (I think) respectively.

But there are some words I do not get. Earlier today on the tip.it clan chat, everyone was starting talking about the funny comment about how girls don't fart and poop. So to make it funny, I said "they poof instead" but since Poof is a bad word, it came out more like this "they **** instead." I immedietly knew that when i saw the censors, I was in trouble. For starters look at what I wrote and use your imagination to guess what people can interperete that to be. I think that I got several reportations for this incident and I know that I will be muted tommarow. I can guarantee that.

But Jagex needs to have a list that's available through email of the words we cannot say, because how can we know what words we can use and some we do use but didn't know were bad words. If you support this, please comment. I don't really have any other ideas, but it should would help others not to be muted as often as they are.

I immedietly knew that when i saw the censors, I was in trouble

huh? what trouble? :twss:

Ye read the report-academy-forum-thing on the Rs site, it says that you shouldnt report people when the censor has already stopped them, so really as long as the censor blocks what your saying you cant be reported. Unless you mindlessly spam i guess.

And i think i prefered tip.it chat when the main spam topics were chuck norris and bacon :lol:

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I immedietly knew that when i saw the censors, I was in trouble

huh? what trouble? :twss:

Ye read the report-academy-forum-thing on the Rs site, it says that you shouldnt report people when the censor has already stopped them, so really as long as the censor blocks what your saying you cant be reported. Unless you mindlessly spam i guess.

And i think i prefered tip.it chat when the main spam topics were chuck norris and bacon :lol:

nomnomnom bacon =P~ =P~ =P~

OT:

The basic guideline for the censor is : Don't say anything that might offend your grandma.Unless she is gangsta' too -p.... jk

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

You can't get reported for what you said. Saying anything, which is automatically censored, doesn't break any rules.

As long as the censor catches you, you've got nothing to worry about. If anybody reported you, they did so incorrectly.

I believe "poof" is slang for "homosexual" in some places. Mind you, I've never heard it used in that context irl, but I'm Canadian, and it was one of my British friends that told me. There's actually quite a few words that mean two different things in different parts of the world that are also censored. Runescape is an international game and I guess Jagex is just doing it's part in trying to keep in mind things that could *possibly* offend people. I've made that mistake too though :roll:

fail124.jpgfailbait.png

Fire Cape - Aug 14, 08.

coolnamefailbaitedit.jpg

If I thought this was pointless, then I wouldn't of made a rant of this. I thought this is something that could alert others and save each other from problems that people have had many times before

The word poof has been banned for months... Just like the hundred and thousands of other words... Millions of times a day will people have the compulsory 'I went to ************* earlier and it was ****** blah blah...', and other players just completely ignore it...

Eg; djedjsjnb4.jpg

The first part was my RS Mates name being censored, the second was meant to say 'Have fun at Bandos. Gl...'

If it get censored the first time, dont keep trying to type it in a different way.

Or, if its a hostile conversation, use a word like 'Pop' or 'Psshh'... Everyone knows what a poof is and how it can be offensive - i highly doubt more people use the word to refer to the sound of a girls fart than they do to a homosexual person.

Sometimes i just don't understand the censors. If young kids aren't supposed to play then they don't even need to block the words. Somethings need blocked but not every little thing. Sorry that was random...

Kids are allowed to play, this is just it... Players below 13 have been allowed to play ever since Quickchat was made, they just became locked into the chat until their 13th Birthday...

Also, poof, i believe is a very offensive word - just like [bleep], Lezza etc... if a young child gets into their head every male is a poof, well then Jagex would be in a spot of bother.

You can get muted for "censoring", but not banned.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

ive been speaking with cencered words for years and enver had a black mark, you have done nothing wrong unless you try to avoid censors by mispelling the word.

although i am surprised they have not blocked WTF even though im glad they havnt i use it all the time.

there is also lots of common phrases blocked like when my freinds say

do you want to go kbd all i see is do you want to go *** but if you say it in another context like want to kill kbd with me, it comes out fine

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

I hate the censor. It's a cruel world out there, I think kids should learn that it's a common thing to hear people say "damn". Some words are justified, but some just annoy us. Like "my school". It may block it, but that's not gonna stop someone from putting the words in two separate lines to get the same damn point across. It just serves as an inconvenience.

If you get cencored they will not take any action, so be cool. They only take action if you try to evade the censor like saying [cabbage] as tihs or something like that (read rule 1). However I do think the censor can be a bit hard...

I am going to school --> i am going ** ****** :o :shock: :lol:

Oh, and I wouldn't advice joking too much about terrorism in CCs (duh). Cost me my crown, and police suddenly showed up at my door.
Is the second part a joke? If not, suddenly I'm scared.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?