[Guide] Summer's End ~ Updated With SP Shield and Portals

J35u5_M4

I have lots of trouble avoiding the mage attacks, and I'm only in the first room. It takes me one try per lighting a pyre. I can barely chop a piece of wood before he sends another attack, great guide but you make it sound too easy.

I got lucky one time I came back (after dying) and just snuck to the 1st roots north of the entrance and managed to chop away getting about 10 of the logs before it saw me.

A hint on the other thread did suggest to fill all the pyres before lighting any of them -- and thats a very good idea really. After the 1st two pyres get lit the shots fire very fast with more little white ghosties coming out of them.

A good method I found for dodging the attacks is go head straight for them. Mage protect ~seemed~ to limit the damage but maybe I imagined it.

svenne.png

#14340th to 99 magic!! w000t

Gee that thing makes the KBD, DKS, KQ, Grarrdor, K'ril, Kree'arra, Ziliana, and the Jad look like nothing compared to that spirit beast.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I'm not quite sure, but would'nt chopping willows in the "real" world be much easier and less of a pain? Because they would become cursed willow logs in the realm. (At least, they become normal willow logs when you go in the real world).

Tried it, it doesn't work.

WarBlastoise.png

I have lots of trouble avoiding the mage attacks, and I'm only in the first room. It takes me one try per lighting a pyre. I can barely chop a piece of wood before he sends another attack, great guide but you make it sound too easy.

I got lucky one time I came back (after dying) and just snuck to the 1st roots north of the entrance and managed to chop away getting about 10 of the logs before it saw me.

A hint on the other thread did suggest to fill all the pyres before lighting any of them -- and thats a very good idea really. After the 1st two pyres get lit the shots fire very fast with more little white ghosties coming out of them.

A good method I found for dodging the attacks is go head straight for them. Mage protect ~seemed~ to limit the damage but maybe I imagined it.

That worked for me in my second attempt, 3rd attempt barely started before it shot at me. Figured out a way to do it though, run as soon as he shoots a bit away from what your chopping, wait for him to shoot then chop wood, all before the first shot even lands, as soon as he shoots start moving so his shot is always were you just left. ALso, to avoid his attacks I just went 'round and 'round, got annoying for finishing up my last pyre. Thanks to my brother I can't play anymore today so I'll try to finish it tomorrow and see if the other parts are as easy as the quest writer made them out to be.

Well, I've started... Jesus Help me >.< This beast is much harder than I had expected.

EDIT: just beat the first stage, and the fight saves itself, so if you lit one fire and died, you still only need to light 2. Worked for me.

Stage 2 was easier, mostly just mindless running. but you need to trap your soul 3 times, not two. Having the run-pool would've helped a lot, but I did it.

I did it! The third rounds progress saved as I died as well, because he started charging when I came in, so I thought "what the hell" and clicke the nearest grave. It killed the beast. Good Luck to everyone else - the first round is the hardest in my opinion.

Ugh, that was hard stuff. The first two rounds I got through just fine without taking too much damage. The white ball-things aren't that hard to dodge. But the third stage... ugh. I died once, and the second time the thing brought me down to ONE hitpoint from 99 right as it died... lucky me :ohnoes:

To the person who said "don't bring good stuff": It's actually fine because if the only valuable item you have on you is the dragon ax, you'll keep it.

I'll try the bring willows thing and let you know.

Edit: No, you can't bring your own willows. Figures

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

To the person who said "don't bring good stuff": It's actually fine because if the only valuable item you have on you is the dragon ax, you'll keep it.

I'll try the bring willows thing and let you know.

Yeah, bring a dragon axe (I did), and nothing else but what you need.

And bring regular willows won't change them into Cursed ones.

Looks as if the portals are giving out experience again. Just reentering the farm portal where you start quest you receive 5k farming xp. If I had time, i'd also look for the other portals.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I no longer write quest guides, but I have some input/feedback for this one (which I think is awesome).

Firstly -- I would recommend SALT SPRINGS, not to mention the healing spring that boost HP next to it. Infinite run makes this, well, infinitely easier.

First Battle:

I would just leave 5 empty inventory spaces instead of 15, and suggest building up one at a time and then burning. I also had to burn 4, not 3, in order to move on, but if this is abnormal, it may have been due to how quickly i burned them (I burnt 2nd and third while still in cut scene).

I did similar to what somebody else already mentioned, ran a circle around the room and got a few clicks from the logs, then ran over and cut them after he fired. It was really hard getting that 4th when he was hitting full steam!

Second Battle:

The holes are in a circle around the room. I would recharge the infinite run at Salt Springs and simply run in circles until the core comes out, then dig in the closest hole, easy as pie and never get hit.

Third Battle:

Really the only important part to remember is he has to take a hit from yellow, red, and blue once, and can only be hit once from each. There is no rush, in my opinion. I recharged my infinite run and followed my circle-the-room routine from cave 2, watching the graves change best I could (peripheral vision BLOWS on low detail compared to HD). Anyway, whenever it was close enough, I blessed the grave, and if not i kept running and waited for next time. I did stand still too long at one point, but for this battle I only used three sharks, compared to some of the horrors i have heard.

--

First one is the hardest IMO, due to the slow speed of the woodcutting and placing logs individually

Thanks again for the guide you wrote, it really helped make this easier than i ever expected.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

I no longer write quest guides, but I have some input/feedback for this one (which I think is awesome).

Firstly -- I would recommend SALT SPRINGS, not to mention the healing spring that boost HP next to it. Infinite run makes this, well, infinitely easier.

First Battle:

I would just leave 5 empty inventory spaces instead of 15, and suggest building up one at a time and then burning. I also had to burn 4, not 3, in order to move on, but if this is abnormal, it may have been due to how quickly i burned them (I burnt 2nd and third while still in cut scene).

I did similar to what somebody else already mentioned, ran a circle around the room and got a few clicks from the logs, then ran over and cut them after he fired. It was really hard getting that 4th when he was hitting full steam!

Second Battle:

The holes are in a circle around the room. I would recharge the infinite run at Salt Springs and simply run in circles until the core comes out, then dig in the closest hole, easy as pie and never get hit.

Third Battle:

Really the only important part to remember is he has to take a hit from yellow, red, and blue once, and can only be hit once from each. There is no rush, in my opinion. I recharged my infinite run and followed my circle-the-room routine from cave 2, watching the graves change best I could (peripheral vision BLOWS on low detail compared to HD). Anyway, whenever it was close enough, I blessed the grave, and if not i kept running and waited for next time. I did stand still too long at one point, but for this battle I only used three sharks, compared to some of the horrors i have heard.

--

First one is the hardest IMO, due to the slow speed of the woodcutting and placing logs individually

Thanks again for the guide you wrote, it really helped make this easier than i ever expected.

Why didn't I think of the salt pool?

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Eh, for the first one I just chopped logs from 1, and when I saw his blast getting close (Not exactly when he fired it, medium distance away) I ran 3 spaces, chopped from another one, then repeated the process. Was very simple for me, doing the 3rd step after dipping in this pool.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

NVM

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Mind explaining what this spirit shield is, what the reqs and stats are for it, and what the sigils are for?

Also, would it be like a DFS (once you put a sigil on, can't remove), or a GS (can swap sigils?)

Nice guide, seems like a quest I should do when my tests are done.

Not sure what any of the sigils do, but it did say you can only use one at a time.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

Do I need to take in Pray pots or did I do something wrong? Because in the 3rd fight I blessed 2 graves then realised I was at 0 prayer.... Is that just from blessing the graves or what?

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Do I need to take in Pray pots or did I do something wrong? Because in the 3rd fight I blessed 2 graves then realised I was at 0 prayer.... Is that just from blessing the graves or what?

When you bless a players grave or in this quest; the souls, your prayer is drained. But theres an altar in the third cave which you can use. If you need a break you can run out of the third cave into the second one while you eat or restore run energy.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

When you bless a players grave or in this quest; the souls, your prayer is drained. But theres an altar in the third cave which you can use. If you need a break you can run out of the third cave into the second one while you eat or restore run energy.

Awesome I didn't see that lol, thanks! ::'

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Reckon anybody can upload an image of the wilderness with the known portals marked out? I just completed the quest, the buit that i was stuck on was just luring the beast to the cave haha; and i only died once! go me! haha

But i'm not too good with any of the portals, so i ned somebody to upload an image

Thanks in Advance :thumbsup:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!