2011/12 Football Season

Phil

Another loss. Tottenham 4-0 Liverpool, biggest league loss for something like 8 years. Sickening, and it was an absolutely abysmal display. Forget refereeing decisions, when we can't even pass the ball forwards and look like conceding every time the opposition attack then there are bigger problems than referees.

Pretty much no positives, Lucas and Enrique at least tried hard though made several mistakes, and I don't think Coates can really be blamed.

Many weren't up to scratch today, and though it pains me to say it, I include Dalglish in that. As much as I think he is fantastic, and usually great tactics-wise, today we were set out 100% wrong. However, this wasn't helped by poor performances all over the pitch, particularly Henderson, Adam, Skrtel and Carragher (though more could be mentioned) who are so much better than they've shown today, nowhere near their best and did nothing for the team.

Many on another forum I use have placed the blame on Carroll, but at least he was working hard under almost impossible conditions, again very little worked for him but he certainly wasn't the main culprit.

We need a big reaction to this, the season is certainly not going to be over after 2 losses, it will be how we respond that determines how we do. A large win against Wolves would do wonders for confidence, but it requires the players to not feel sorry for themselves, acknowledge they were poor, but move on and come out of it stronger. This absolutely should be a one-off (against Stoke I felt we were unlucky in many ways), we will surely improve.

Massive credit to the away Liverpool fans though, singing their hearts out even at 4-0 down.

Probably just ranting a bit at this point, but I'm just annoyed atm.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In other, less depressing news, I played football for the first time in a while on Friday, was very fun :razz: It was only 4 vs 4 this time as a few couldn't make it but more should come in the future. My side lost narrowly (a low-scoring 15-13 :grin: ) but I got a fair few goals/assists.

In terms of boots it was on astro-turf so not quite the same but I wear ones similar to these:

[spoiler=Boots]2010_Adidas_AdiNOVA_II_TF_Football_Trainers.jpg

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

• 2 weeks later...

I hate what City are doing, but Mancini has shown a real strong leadership i think. And this Tevez story, it will be very interesting to see how it goes.

Hmhmhm, no idea about saturday. Let's hope Baines 1 assist and Cahill (really needs it) 1 goal, and that's that.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

If i was a rich man, there'd be so many teams i'd like to watch live.

I have to do a trip to South America someday, i especially want to see River Plate.

If i was a rich man, there'd be so many teams i'd like to watch live.

I have to do a trip to South America someday, i especially want to see River Plate.

Same, many teams I'd love to see.

Looking forward to Liverpool vs Everton today, can never predict how derbies will turn out :razz:

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

[bleep]ing [cabbage] ref!

Grr, it annoys me so much that i don't have the tv channel that airs most of the Serie A matches, have got one and thankfully managed to watch some of the football between Fiorentina - Lazio.

Hopefully i can catch some online streams of Lazio and some Juventus matches, but i mostly just find Inter and Milan games there.

Positive thing is that i've gotten up the eye for Ligue 1. I must say, i rather watch Ligue 1 than La Liga. They really have to get a grip on the tv-deals, Real and Barca are killing the league to the point where it's not interesting.

Valencia, Atletico, Sevilla... These aren't small clubs, but when you look to the income from tv and compare it with the two big guns... It's just hilarious and sad at the same time.

Serie A is being [bleep]ed by all the idiotic rules that are slowly choking it, i agree. But i find it funny when these guys on the 'Sunday Supplement' show say there's no passion or noise at the stadiums. They can't have seen football from San Paolo... That's for sure.

I don't know, i'm just rambling on here.

Grr, it annoys me so much that i don't have the tv channel that airs most of the Serie A matches, have got one and thankfully managed to watch some of the football between Fiorentina - Lazio.

Hopefully i can catch some online streams of Lazio and some Juventus matches, but i mostly just find Inter and Milan games there.

Positive thing is that i've gotten up the eye for Ligue 1. I must say, i rather watch Ligue 1 than La Liga. They really have to get a grip on the tv-deals, Real and Barca are killing the league to the point where it's not interesting.

Valencia, Atletico, Sevilla... These aren't small clubs, but when you look to the income from tv and compare it with the two big guns... It's just hilarious and sad at the same time.

Serie A is being [bleep]ed by all the idiotic rules that are slowly choking it, i agree. But i find it funny when these guys on the 'Sunday Supplement' show say there's no passion or noise at the stadiums. They can't have seen football from San Paolo... That's for sure.

I don't know, i'm just rambling on here.

I agree on La Liga, it is amazing at times watching Barcelona and Real Madrid play, but you pretty much know the outcome of most of their games before they've begun.

I don't follow Seria A or Ligue 1 very closely, but usually enjoy the games I see of them. I like the Bundesliga, and I watched a fair few Borussia Dortmund games last season. :razz:

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight i'm gonna watch Zenit - Shakhtar.

Why? Just instead of the always usual Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

It would be really interesting seeing Srna in a bigger European club/competetion, not that they don't go far in CL, but he is so good. But i guess there's not many clubs that would be able to offer him the same wages (don't know Ukrainian taxes, but i guess they are pretty low).

Otherwise i guess Marseille - Arsenal will be interesting tonight, wouldn't have done it before, but i'd bet my money on a 1-X to Marseille as things stand.

And Manchester City deliver again <3:

I was very very very suprised United kept 3 at the back when Evans was sent off. Ferguson actually thought they were going to win (wasn't going to happen) and with Silva, Balotelli, Aguero, Dzecko, running at a back line of 3? No chance.

Extra bonus for Man City, Chelsea go down 1-0 to QPR. :P Chelsea with 2 red cards, Bosingwa and Drogba.

l0l0ll0l0l0

I was very very very suprised United kept 3 at the back when Evans was sent off. Ferguson actually thought they were going to win (wasn't going to happen) and with Silva, Balotelli, Aguero, Dzecko, running at a back line of 3? No chance.

They didn't. Fletcher switched to right-back and Smalling filled in the hole. :huh: Highlight of my first aid duty at North End tonight had to be when I was told this: http://www.dailymail...y-campaign.html

Brilliant. Worth missing today's bot-nuking for that.

Defeat, but i admire Toffees effort. More stuff like that and might end up with a decent season.

Only annoyance was the scheduling, colliding with the Arsenal - Chelsea game, but managed to watch some of it. Totally crazy.

Stoke - Newcastle tonight, will be really interesting to see if Newcastle can keep up their zero defeats.

• 4 weeks later...

Spurs on the up again with a good result against West Brom, not quite sure how the scoreline ended up being 3-1 though. WBA played really well and Spurs were shocking at the back at times, not to mention Adebayor's abysmal finishing.

It saddens me that at a time where mental illness is becoming more understood and widely accepted, that people who see only hopelessness in front of them still feel that there's only that way out of it. It is truly sombering news.

The Euro 2012 Groups were drawn:

Group A- 1. Russia 2. Czech Republic 3. Poland 4. Greece

Group B- 1. Germany 2. Netherlands 3. Denmark 4. Portugal

Group C- 1. Spain 2. Italy 3. Croatia 4. Republic of Ireland

Group D- 1. France 2. England 3. Sweden 4. Ukraine

Looks like it will be an exciting tournament. Group B looks to be the toughest of by far. Looking forward to the Germany/Netherlands match already.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato