Popups.

Da Pirates

Why does this site even need popups? Don't the banner ads generate enough money? Some of the popups lead to dangerous sites and overall they are just annoying. Seriously, does anyone even click on them?

My idea: Remove the popups, nothing good comes out of them.

And yes, I do have a popup blocker, but that's not the point; the point is, Tip.It shouldn't have to resort to popups for revenue.

Support/Hate?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

I support your thoughts and idea, mlbfan13 ... Although, this could mean that the pop-ups are coming from one of the adverts that are loading, so just report both and leave it up to the Admins to find out what happened. TBH, if my memory serves right, Tip.It is against these nasty and volatile pop-ups also, and advert companies that are providing the adverts are therefore violating Tip.It's policy in regard to this. :-k

Time to wait for the Admins to show up here... :|

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

If we can get sufficient donations, it could be a possibility. I don't know the exact amount of money Tip.It gains in ad revenue and how much of that goes into server costs, however if we have the pop-ups then we probably need them.

It's either that, or we could start charging to use our forums like RuneHQ does...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Seriously, does anyone even click on them?

There's your problem. From what I understand, Tip.it only gets money from banner ads when/if people click on them.. which people rarely do ;)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

No, there's a free version, and then you can pay for an "Advanced membership". I don't even like the thought of it.

[hide=]runehq.png[/hide]

But RuneHQ is a very different place. Look at their forum software, for example; They pay for IP.Board, which I hate. phpBB is better and I love the fact that TIF uses it.

C2b6gs7.png

FF 2.0.0.x-series, and I am also not seeing any pop-up warnings here either. I think it is being injected by one or more of the adverts that mlbfan13 is seeing, which means that it is in violation of Tip.It's Rules about the adverts they're providing. mlbfan13, I suggest that you report those ads, because they're not supposed to be doing "onload" injections of code into your browser. :shame:

(Yeah, I'm using ABP here due to a house policy, but if the pop-ups were really Tip.It's fault, I'd still know about it!!! :ugeek: ... Heck, I can tell you who is at fault right now, because they're tripping my sensor! It's those blasted BurstNet [bleep]ers! :x ...)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Firefox has one built in. I don't have a special popup blocker (Also on 3.0.1) and I have nearly forgotten that there are popups.

I thought FF would notify when it blocks a popup?

No, there's a free version, and then you can pay for an "Advanced membership". I don't even like the thought of it.

[hide=]runehq.png[/hide]

But RuneHQ is a very different place. Look at their forum software, for example; They pay for IP.Board, which I hate. phpBB is better and I love the fact that TIF uses it.

Ewww... Why do people even go there. o.o

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

[hide=]runehq.png[/hide]

Ewww... Why do people even go there. o.o
Only one reason I use RuneHQ's website (but not forums) ... Anything that Tip.It's WebSite doesn't have. :|

~D. V. Devnull

Why does this site even need popups? Don't the banner ads generate enough money? Some of the popups lead to dangerous sites and overall they are just annoying. Seriously, does anyone even click on them?

My idea: Remove the popups, nothing good comes out of them.

And yes, I do have a popup blocker, but that's not the point; the point is, Tip.It shouldn't have to resort to popups for revenue.

Support/Hate?

A) You're not an admin, so I don't see how you can possibly comment on Tip.It's financial viability.

B) Pop-ups can be avoided by using Internet browsers such as Firefox

C) Tip.It can effectively ban all adverts which lead to malicious sites in theory. But they need reporting first.

D) We could always go back to when they used highlighted words to advertise (and it wound everyone up), so we don't have pop-ups.

E) Unless you're thinking of donating one heck of an amount to Tip.It, stop whining; see B).

<<<Quote Snip>>>

E) Unless you're thinking of donating one heck of an amount to Tip.It, stop whining; see B).

LOL! :lol: ... They will probably whine some more, simply because they are a kid, and not the real admin of the PC they are on. :roll:

(Note: This post is intended to be somewhat of a joke... Although, it may not be so much of one.)

~D. V. Devnull

Screw it, I'll just use Ad Block Plus.
Ouch... This may not be Tip.It's fault, but it looks like Tip.It is taking casualties due to their advert provider. :?

~D. V. Devnull

Burstnet are notorious for bad adverts and have been for years.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Burstnet are notorious for bad adverts and have been for years.
Too true. Tip.It needs to change advert providers, and never come back to those blasted [bleep]ers. <.<

(Heck, I have them 'hosts'-blocked on a system where I can't use ABP with FF... Stupid FF 1.5-series core causing problems with Java 1.4.2 ... Oh, and don't yell at me about upgrading. I know it is overdue, but I don't control it!!!)

~D. V. Devnull

At least tipit arent in league with Phorm :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12