Jagex is Going to Kill Bounty Hunter.

HistoriK

That's not how an argument works.

It is for most religions. '-'

However, it is how speculation works. Acenator clearly said, "it's just something to think about." He is not arguing that it will happen, merely trying to keep people's minds open. Arguably, that's hard to do since the OP has presented his speculation as fact.

I think the OP has abandoned this thread though. :-#

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt that Jagex will end Bounty Hunter because of PvP worlds. I really, really, really doubt it. Oh, and the absence of proof and [over]abundance of conjecture goes to further support that.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

That's not how an argument works.

It is for most religions. '-'

However, it is how speculation works. Acenator clearly said, "it's just something to think about." He is not arguing that it will happen, merely trying to keep people's minds open. Arguably, that's hard to do since the OP has presented his speculation as fact.

I think the OP has abandoned this thread though. :-#

He used poor wording for it, saying "Jagex is going to kill Bounty Hunter", "the update will make the mini-game obsolete", to a reader, says "I know this is happening, this is absolutely how it is going to go down, I'm right, no proof required". This isn't helped by people saying things like "If you can't see this coming, you're blind/stupid". Once again, there is no proof. Speculation is one thing, saying it as if it is fact is a completely different story.

And I considered adding that in on religion, figured I'd skip it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The author reminds me of those hobo doomsayers.

"The world will end! I have no proof! but listen to me anyways!!!.

-.-

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Personally, the removal of trading freely and player-killing removed a lot of fun out of the game even though it did combat a lot of RWT I don't see why Jagex did it. I'm sure 80% of people with agree when I say I didn't give a crap about real world trading in the first place and it didn't effect me in the slightest apart from the occacional auto miner/wcer annoying the hell out of me. But I considered that a fair trade for Runescape's own self-supporting economy even in real life, cheating occurs when people see a way to gain ground over the competition and it is basically accepted, though frowned upon so leave it in-game so that the fun factor for the normal player doesnt change.

Instead of harming your own players target the gold sellers directly sue them for breaking the terms and conditions of the game in such a way, bring it to the courts attention since it is technically illigal. bring down the top dog not the little man that will be replaced in a second.

In the Police they don't arrest a drug dealer if they can link them to the higher ranked individualt hey try and get info from them and target the hierachy (spelled?) so bring down the whole chain, with no supplyers in the area there are no buyers!

Anyway back on topic, removing the current looting method in bh would be rather silly because the few remaining ex pkers that make there money through player killing would leave the game for good and thats quite a few memberships Jagex would lose aswell as a pain in the rear end with all the spamming in the official forums. Making it 1v1 improved bh so they shouldnt go take another step back by ruining it again. Leave it as it is I mean more and more people will just Junk trade and thats never going to go away is it..

Oh and did anyone hear about the first week of dangerous ffa? About the guys that transfered money through it by dieing with easter eggs Jagex forgot that was considered food, egg on their face eh?

Alex~

Oh and did anyone hear about the first week of dangerous ffa? About the guys that transfered money through it by dieing with easter eggs Jagex forgot that was considered food, egg on their face eh?

Alex~

How is that possible? What you pick up affects your trade limit. If it was even visible on the ground, he shouldn't have been able to pick it up.

Smells phony to me.

hzvjpwS.gif

So wrong Alex, where to start?

removal of fun: Player killing wasn't removed, kthnxbye.

don't see why jagex did it: You should have stopped writing there. Knowing what you're talking about is a good way to keep yourself from getting flamed, and it helps when trying to make a valid point.

80%: Are you sure it's 80%? Where did you pull that figure from? Actually, don't answer that.

Didn't affect me: Yea, Runescape shutting down totally wouldn't affect you. #-o What, do you have your own private server hooked up through a neural network in your brain?

occaisional bot: You haven't been to f2p between January 07 and December 07, obviously. Or Seers village, or Lumbridge f2p, or varrok f2p, or the rune stores, or the essence mines. Have you even been playing?

Fair trade: No, you wanted the cheap stuff they produced. It's all fun and games until Jagex kicks your pocketbook around, then it's war time.

harming your own players: Hmmm...Yea, inconveniencing and alienating a few players is totally worse than, say, alienating everyone who pays with a credit card because you can no longer accept it as a form of membership payment. And good luck suing a company you can't find in a country that won't help you.

Police: From someone with both parents working in the FBI, I can tell you that yes they do arrest drug dealers. #-o Check your analogies, they're full of irrelevance to this subject.

pkers: Are you sure? There are only a "few remaining" as you said, so how would this be "quite a few"? Which one is it? Make a consistent argument.

Junk trade: Easier to track. Much easier to limit.

Rare: Bull. Jagex blocked easter eggs and Pumpkins in Bounty Hunter for that reason before FFA was even out. What you're hearing is an old story attached to a new mini-game. Also: Your trade limit is still in effect, transferring it would have been impossible.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Alex~

How is that possible? What you pick up affects your trade limit. If it was even visible on the ground, he shouldn't have been able to pick it up.

Smells phony to me.

Is it based on GE price or shop price? If it's GE, that's pretty false, but if it's based on shop price, it is possible.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

It doesn't say. In the knowledge base, it merely says this:

In the dangerous free-for-all arena, you may be able to collect some of your defeated foes' items - food, potions, runes and other ammunition. Any such drops will affect your trade limit, as well as your victim's trade limit.

Since the High Alchemy of Easter Egg is like what, 6gp, you're probably right. I just assumed it'd be based off of the GE because everything else having to do with the trade limit is. I'll have to look into this later. '-'

hzvjpwS.gif

It doesn't say. In the knowledge base, it merely says this:

In the dangerous free-for-all arena, you may be able to collect some of your defeated foes' items - food, potions, runes and other ammunition. Any such drops will affect your trade limit, as well as your victim's trade limit.

Since the High Alchemy of Easter Egg is like what, 6gp, you're probably right. I just assumed it'd be based off of the GE because everything else having to do with the trade limit is. I'll have to look into this later. '-'

Trade limit. Unless easter eggs affect your trade limit by the high alch price, I doubt anyone has a multi-million trade limit.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So wrong Alex, where to start?

removal of fun: Player killing wasn't removed, kthnxbye.

don't see why jagex did it: You should have stopped writing there. Knowing what you're talking about is a good way to keep yourself from getting flamed, and it helps when trying to make a valid point.

80%: Are you sure it's 80%? Where did you pull that figure from? Actually, don't answer that.

Didn't affect me: Yea, Runescape shutting down totally wouldn't affect you. #-o What, do you have your own private server hooked up through a neural network in your brain?

occaisional bot: You haven't been to f2p between January 07 and December 07, obviously. Or Seers village, or Lumbridge f2p, or varrok f2p, or the rune stores, or the essence mines. Have you even been playing?

Fair trade: No, you wanted the cheap stuff they produced. It's all fun and games until Jagex kicks your pocketbook around, then it's war time.

harming your own players: Hmmm...Yea, inconveniencing and alienating a few players is totally worse than, say, alienating everyone who pays with a credit card because you can no longer accept it as a form of membership payment. And good luck suing a company you can't find in a country that won't help you.

Police: From someone with both parents working in the FBI, I can tell you that yes they do arrest drug dealers. #-o Check your analogies, they're full of irrelevance to this subject.

pkers: Are you sure? There are only a "few remaining" as you said, so how would this be "quite a few"? Which one is it? Make a consistent argument.

Junk trade: Easier to track. Much easier to limit.

Rare: Bull. Jagex blocked easter eggs and Pumpkins in Bounty Hunter for that reason before FFA was even out. What you're hearing is an old story attached to a new mini-game. Also: Your trade limit is still in effect, transferring it would have been impossible.

I love how this guy delights in picking apart other's arguments down to very syllables, but provides zero insight to the thread. [puncture] =D>

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

This seems to be overlooked by some of you...

You cannot enter bounty hunter if there is less than 50 players in the crater you enter!

I felt this was needed to be pointed out. If BH does completely die during the release of the new PvP worlds, then the few who intend to go there for transferring things will not be able to do so.

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

Sorry dude but as most of the people here have pointed out already, im not going to believe your claims about bounty hunter. There has been no mention of this from jagex nor have i heard it from anyone around the game.

I also have a dreaded feeling that when these new PvP worlds come out that they are not going to be as great as jagex makes out

One of the main reasons for this is jagex mentioning that you have to agree with players to gain their items if they die? this ruins the fun of the old wildy where you could just run up, kill and take loot.

And once again more safer noobs, with the safe spots such as banks

I hope the PvP worlds will be a good update despite what i said but we all know that it wont replace the old wilderness

M4n_Lyk_0wnz.png

I love how this guy delights in picking apart other's arguments down to very syllables, but provides zero insight to the thread. [puncture] =D>

There's no evidence that this will happen, and there's no reason for Jagex to remove loot-based player killing.

There is no insight into this thread because all it is is baseless speculation.

"Jagex is going to reset every player next week to punish those who powerleveled. This is obvious because they've been spending so much time revamping the tutorial, they're going to add the ability to skip it for players who have been reset."

Refute my claim constructively plox. I'll expect you to use old Anglican proverbs and you can't just say that there is no proof, otherwise you're a huge liar.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

There's no evidence that this will happen, and there's no reason for Jagex to remove loot-based player killing.

There is no insight into this thread because all it is is baseless speculation.

"Jagex is going to reset every player next week to punish those who powerleveled. This is obvious because they've been spending so much time revamping the tutorial, they're going to add the ability to skip it for players who have been reset."

Refute my claim constructively plox. I'll expect you to use old Anglican proverbs and you can't just say that there is no proof, otherwise you're a huge liar.

It IS all speculation. Why you care so much I'll never know. And surely you couldn't have thought I agreed with the author of the thread, my sig alone should've pointed that out, not to mention the post I've already made.

Conclusion: Author is a troll.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

I've made and lost millions in bh, But I think they should remove it as rwting is actually just getting easier and easier as more methods are being found.

Yeah. I mean I don't know much about rwting but i do know that it is easy (just long) by doing it through BH. Jagex knows this.

By looking at Jagex's previous actions on RWTing we can make a very educated guess that they will remove / nerf x1000 bounty hunter.

Now lets cut this "proof" business!

hang on.... WHAT?! did i read that right?

I've made and lost millions in bh, But I think they should remove it as rwting is actually just getting easier and easier as more methods are being found.

Yeah. I mean I don't know much about rwting but i do know that it is easy (just long) by doing it through BH. Jagex knows this.

By looking at Jagex's previous actions on RWTing we can make a very educated guess that they will remove / nerf x1000 bounty hunter.

Until the original poster can provide proof, he's a troll. And you are simply feeding it.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

Until the original poster can provide proof, he's a troll. And you are simply feeding it.

LOL

you don't bh much do you? It's VERY easy to transfer sets of armor in f2p, Or even if you're in a clan to transfer in p2p.

SKIMMYSTROWN AND BETTER THAN YOU.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=703695

Since all this thread is, is logical assumptions and speculation, I'm going to make a few of my own.

Jagex will NOT remove BH. Notice I said "remove", and didnt say change. BH is intregated into the High Scores and among other things, people would whine if it was just taken off the map. (See RuneScape Classic as example).

Now, with the new PK worlds, Jagex is not stupid. They know well enough that the mass majority of the PK'ers will change to this new method (or at least they are hoping they will). Because of this, I forsee them reducing the BH worlds to 1 P2P and 1F2P world. This will cram all the existing players together to give RWT'ers as much trouble in BH as possible.

Changing BH. It is surley possible, however they will NOT get rid of the loot system. They have no reason to. If they didnt want that system in, they would have not added it in when they created the minigame. But as for changing, It is VERY possible they might add in a extra rule here or there, like "You cannot loot more than 1 kill every 30 mins" or something to that effect.

Overall I dont expect BH to change much at all if any (other than reducing to 1 world for p2p and 1 for f2p) using basic assumptions. And if they do change it, it will be for the greater good.

dawnsigblue-3.png