compfreak847

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slayer Exp

:lol:

Too easy

Please, sir, I implore you. Read my post! You'll find it full of useful information.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I did read it.

I disagreed because slayer is awesome. What more do you want to hear?

Obviously you haven't; not only have I addressed every single point you've brought up so far, your post is lacking something.

I'll rehash it, since you apparently can't be bothered to read it. Slayer results in very poor and EXPENSIVE combat XP, sacrificing a huge amount of time and money to train a skill with absolutely no benefits besides being able to kill different monsters. A level 99 slayer has virtually no advantages over a level 55 slayer. If you find it fun, then great - its your choice; this is a game, designed for fun. Just know that you would be getting far better XP and more drops if you chose to train with other methods.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Slayer is good and unlike most people, I really don't look into it that deep, I don't see how much money I could make or lose on a task, I just do it.

You read well into it man, this is you >>> :geek:

And this is you.

:twss:

(Sorry, it had to be done)

That's not the greatest argument, though - your saying you don't look into it that deep, you just 'know' its good?

[stats][/stats]

Padding the post count is generally looked down upon.

DeviledEgg24.png

:ohnoes: Oh no! I didn't post some stupid number to prove I read it.

Your whole argument is that exp and money (for combat stats alone) could be better made elsewhere.

Who in the heck doesn't know that?

Slayer is still an incredibly respected skill, because to have that 99'd, you would need most of your combat stats also 99'd.

I read your post and all it really says is..

"ZOMBIE MONKEYS, GWD, ZOMBIE MONKEYS, GWD, CHINS, I NEED TO PAY ATTENTION AT METAL DRAGONS"

top_lel_face.png

:ohnoes: Oh no! I didn't post some stupid number to prove I read it.

Your whole argument is that exp and money (for combat stats alone) could be better made elsewhere.

Who in the heck doesn't know that?

Slayer is still an incredibly respected skill, because to have that 99'd, you would need most of your combat stats also 99'd.

I read your post and all it really says is..

"ZOMBIE MONKEYS, GWD, ZOMBIE MONKEYS, GWD, CHINS, I NEED TO PAY ATTENTION AT METAL DRAGONS"

Thank you for at least taking time to skim my post.

Respected, because it is hard to train. As I said in the third sentence of my first post. Except that 99 is virtually useless. And getting 99 proves nothing but that you chose the slow, unprofitable, hard way to train, with no rewards or benefits except being funner. Nothing wrong with that, but its like waving a banner around saying 'I got 99 cooking with shrimps! My 99 is more respectable then your 99 because it took longer and required more clicking!'.

DeviledEgg24.png

Oh, I get it.

You obviously are lazy and are choosing to say that Slayer is sooo terrible because it isn't a fast leveler.

I read your entire post.

ZOMG.

All you did was compare HIGHER LEVEL COMBAT TRAININGS with Slayer. I feel bad for anyone who has wasted time reading that garbage of a post you made.

The only thing that you HAVE proven is that you're lazy. If Slayer doesn't line up with how you want to level, then it isn't worth ANYONE'S time?

Am I close?

top_lel_face.png

Oh, I get it.

You obviously are lazy and are choosing to say that Slayer is sooo terrible because it isn't a fast leveler.

I read your entire post.

ZOMG.

All you did was compare HIGHER LEVEL COMBAT TRAININGS with Slayer. I feel bad for anyone who has wasted time reading that garbage of a post you made.

The only thing that you HAVE proven is that you're lazy. If Slayer doesn't line up with how you want to level, then it isn't worth ANYONE'S time?

Am I close?

Your lazy. You got 70 cooking with lobsters. I got it with shrimps. Therefore I am better then you, because I am using a less efficient training method. The fact that you chose to say that my training method has some disadvantages means that your post is complete garbage just because shrimps aren't a fast leveler.

Seriously, think about what you are saying. Your saying that my post is 'garbage' and that I'm 'lazy' for pointing out that slayer is much worse combat xp then other training methods.

DeviledEgg24.png

Oh, I get it.

I read your entire post.

ZOMG.

Am I close?

You still don't really get it.

Only thing he's trying to prove is that everyone who says slayer is the 'best' way to train, is wrong. You shouldn't do slayer because it makes money, you can make money faster using an other way. You shouldn't use slayer for combat xp, because that can also be gotten faster elsewere. And you shouldn't do it for charms, as those can also be obtained faster doing something else.

Check this:

:lol:

Its hard to take you seriously. Point is, you want to do one thing faster than doing several things at once.

You can GWD so who needs slayer, right?

Like I said, more for me.

Would you mind reading my post?

10 hours of slayer = 350k range XP, 400k profit

10 hours of 5 Spiders + 5 GWD = 350k range XP, 5m profit

10 hours of 9 spiders + 1 GWD = 600k range XP, 1m profit

10 hours of 9 spiders + 1 Avansie = 640k range XP, 400k profit

That's my point.

I hope you get that, because that's the whole point of his post.

I personally do use slayer to train combat, mainly because I train for fun, and I think slayer is fun. Also, the whole efficiency thing just isn't for me. I know I can gain more money and xp doing zombie monkeys + making money, but I know I'm not able to stick to making money long enough to make the same money I would have made with slayer.

This is also the reason I choose waterfiends over rock lobsters. I can't stand doing things just to make money, so I'd rather do waterfiends and break even.

And 287. Lol.

2dvjurb.png

I love you. Your completely right.

I hate slayer. Always did, always will. I agree with everything in the post. It just sucks for XP.

This is a record. The first postive post of yours I've ever seen on one of my threads :-# (Nothing personal, you like to point out faults :) )

Oh, and the first part of your post also stuns me.

Ususal I go to rants when Im in a bad mood, and, besides from that, there are just a lot of dumb rants.

But, I know a good one when I see it, and this is one of them.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

You cant possibly say that this rant is good. Its just a load of info put together that everyone knows.

Slayer isnt the best money making way, who cares? Still makes money.

Slayer isnt the best xp gaining way, who cares?! It still gives decent xp.

And everything he listed, Avianses, Spiders, etc, DO NOT give all 3: Charms, xp, and drops at the same time, do they?

Well, Newsflash! Slayer does.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

You cant possibly say that this rant is good. Its just a load of info put together that everyone knows.

And everything he listed, Avianses, Spiders, etc, DO NOT give all 3: Charms, xp, and drops at the same time, do they?

Who cares? The people who want the fastest method?

Guess this explains why your combat stats are in the 70s and 52 summoning.

This rant IS good because all I see when people ask for training or money methods, every body always says "Do slayer"

Slayer SUCKS for money and XP, so this person is sick of everyone saying its a good option for those mentioned help threads. This rant is good.

blood_argon.gif

No, the rant is obvious.

When people say do slayer for cash, they're right, because they usually say it to lower levels.

And when you do slayer for cash, you get more unnoticed xp, and pretty much leveling up to go to places with better drops.

Anyway,

Who cares? The people who want the fastest method?

The people who want the fastest method would get their levels up and complain they dont have any money later on in the game. Wanna know why? They didnt kill useful monsters with useful drops and a useful combination of fun and variety.

Guess this explains why your combat stats are in the 70s and 52 summoning.

You're just bashing me for being a lower level. I can know more than you, and know more than many people over my level, though I wouldnt say many in tif :lol: And btw 54 summoning. Yeah, all the charms from 4 slayer tasks and a few other kills here and there got me 2 levels.

Slayer SUCKS for money and XP, so this person is sick of everyone saying its a good option for those mentioned help threads. This rant is good.

No, once again, quite wrong. Slayer sucks for xp if you ONLY want xp. Slayer sucks for money if you ONLY want money

If you want both then you go to slayer.

Oh and btw before you say "Guess this explains why your combat stats are in the 70s and 52 summoning." You should notice I havent been training combat for much of my runescape career (on this account)

Notice the name, -.-.

No, once again, quite wrong. Slayer sucks for xp if you ONLY want xp. Slayer sucks for money if you ONLY want money

If you want both then you go to slayer.

No. If you want both, you should go zombie monkeys for combat xp and make money another way, instead of doing both the slow way through slayer.

2dvjurb.png

Slayer isnt slow.

Seriously

Jesus

Christ.

Its slow cause you cant kill the things you get, fair enough go bloody train your skills.

I am just sick and tired of this tbh.

Few words: Total levels = Win.

and, imo, I dont think slayer was made to be such a money-making skill, or for xp. I think it was just for the rare items that certain things give. ;)

High levels and no money later?

Excuse me?

Im 120 combat, a combat 99, a very expensive 99, and I have 35M in the bank.

And Iv got 69 slayer.

And you show off your total levels?

They mean nothing.

Id be able to kill you in PvP no matter what, because your total level has nothing to do with anything.

I could beat you in pretty much any skill if all you were relying on was a total level. (assuming all my stats were higher than yours, you have me beat in some places, but, its not in relation to total levels, which is my point.)

blood_argon.gif

I have 91 slayer.

Needless to say I think that slayer does not suck.

I did try the Zombie monkey thing once. I got utterly bored after 30 minutes. They don't drop anything. And the prospect of doing monkeys for several days drove me mad. Zombie monkeys

do indeed suck.

I tried soloing Godwars. I have the stats, but it is not my kind of thing. In fact, godwars sucks for me, other than going to the Zamorak side to do spiritual mages for slayer.

Slayer has several things going for it:

1. It gives you a diverse range of targets.

2. It gives you short overseeable tasks. A sense of achievement is reached within a short timeframe: after completing each task.

3. It gives you a wide range of drops that can be used for many different purposes: charms, drops, herbs, herb seeds, coins, pure essence, runes, big loot (whips, rune items, D boots).

4. It gives you experience in how to handle different monsters.

5. It gives you combat skill experience.

6. It gives me an incentive to raise other skills (such as crafting for slayer rings).

No. 3 is very important. I got so many herb seed drops that I could easily raise herblore myself without going into high costs. I get so much pure essence I can easily satisfy my personal needs. I get so many charms I can easily raise summoning. I get so much loot I can easily afford to raise other skills (for instance crafting to get to 75 so I can make sayer rings).

No. 6 is also important. Slayer stimulates other skills in many different ways.

And then there is the respect. With 91 slayer I am easily within the top 10.000 of this skill. With 99 defense I am not even close to that.

I'm aiming for 99 slayer, but I am not sure I will ever get it. It doesn't matter. I enjoy doing slayer and that is all there is too it.

The fact that I enjoy doing slayer prevents it from sucking.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Well newsflash #2! You could get more XP, earn more charms, earn more GP blah blah blah with those three... in FAR less time then it would take to do it with slayer. And that's assuming you want\need all those things; I personally could care less about the money, I've got millions rotting away in the bank without a use. I have every item I want; I don't feel like training any expensive skills. Any day to day expenses are covered with GE merching, battlestaffs, and MTK. So for ME, it goes something like this:

1 hr of slayer = 50k melee XP

1 hr of monkies = 110k melee XP.

Yeah, 'nuf said. I would like to point out, however, that you can get more money, more charms, and more XP, TOGETHER in LESS time then it would take to get them with slayer. That seems to be a point that many people are confused on. You are wasting XP, GP, and charms by doing slayer.

The time it takes to do zombie monkies for melee and then rock lobsters for summoning is far longer than simply training them both with slayer.

The amount of time it takes to collect the money for rock lobsters is something that needs to be considered.

It already has, if you took the time to read through the replys

The fact that I enjoy doing slayer prevents it from sucking.

Yes, that's a very valid point. I did address that in my original post, though - this game is about fun. If you find slayer fun, go right ahead and train it. I'm pointing out, however, that doing so results in much less XP, GP, and charms, collectively. Which many people apparently don't realize :wall:

But if you like it, TRAIN IT. For all I know, Jagex could come out with some level 95 slayer monster that drops some crazy weapon worth millions, just to spite me. You never know, train it if you like it.

DeviledEgg24.png

I can honestly say that I don't like slayer, regardless of what people say. I play RS to have fun, not to grind skills to get a higher total level or more "respect". This is the reason that after over 5 years of playing, my total level is only 1811. The argument ender is this: play the game to have fun. If you think slayer is fun and diverse, do it. If you're like me and compfreak, don't do it. I'm tired of getting flamed in-game for having a low slayer level versus my combat level. Play the game to have fun and stfu about "respect" and junk.