Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Actually, totaling up the XP of all the other charms brings a 'crimson charm drop' rate from waterfiends to roughly 91%, making for 151 crimson charms per hour from waterfiends. Puh-lease, that's faster charms then bursting.

I was basing mine on simply crimsons, and they are far from better than Rock Lobsters. I get approximately 180-190 crimsons per hour at Rock Lobsters (that is only crimsons). Add to that approximately 90-95 gold, 45 or so green and around 4-6 blue.

Picking up drops does not slow down your attack rate at all? Not. :roll: . Healing takes an extremely little amount of time? Both guthans and BTP take a considerable amount of time to use. If you don't alch your cash rate goes down dramatically, unless you pick up each drop which is impossible considering the potions and other items taking up inventory space, and the fact that dust devils are assigned in rather large numbers.

Yes it is true, it is possible to pick up drops whilst losing no attack time. Click to pick up just as you attack, and then click attack again. Amazingly that accomplishes picking up th drop and no lose in attack time. You don't use guthans on Dust Devils, so that doesn't matter. This was with no familiar also remember. I am sure someone can bring food with them, and plenty spare in a BOB such as a spirit terrorbird at only 52 Summoning. Guthans can be replaced with so many more healing methods as it is. I have it, but I don't use as in nearly every task I have more than enough methods to stay at high Hitpoints. It is more efficient to use a whip compared to the warpsear also, hence why food is more efficient if you don't need to bank. Who mentioned picking up "every" drop either? Inventory space, with 2 super sets and 4 prayer potions, a teleport and other items, you still have half of your inventory spare. More than enoguh food to last the task and more than enough space for drops. Why do you even mention if you don't aclh cash drops alot? Are you not able to read anything I post? I have said many times now, that you don't alch there. You pick up the drops, bank them, and alch them later. You are still alching them.I have arguments against all of those, but since you have a tendancy to ignore my main points and bring up the smaller things, I won't. You won't recieve 105k melee XP per hour at dust devils without a summon. I don't get that at Zombies, with better equipment, much better prayers, potting far more often, and losing no time whatsoever banking, picking up drops, eating, or running to monsters. You can't get anywhere close to that at dust devils. 80k XP per hour is good at dust devils, not 105k XP.

Sir, if you continue to argue that Dust Devils are 105k melee XP an hour (+12k, making for 117k XP an hour with a summon), I will have to regard you as a misinformed idiot. Dust devils are nowhere close to that. Dust devils are nowhere close to even 90k XP an hour, the turning point for zombies being better then slayer. Meaning that even if you continuously slayed dust devils, it would be better to train at zombies. And slayer is STILL around 50k XP\hour for the average player, regardless of how fast you think dust devils are.

How am I a "misinformed idiot" when I back up everything I have said with exmaples and shown that others have done this as well. Try it yourself, so far you have done nothing but contradict what I have shown by simply saying "But I can't get that! So no-one else can! End of discussion!". Instead of attempting to disregard it for no logical reason, why not perform a test? Keep in mind it is even possible to get up to 112k per hour with piety and without a familiar still.

See previous argument. I have much better stats then you, I'm using better equipment, better prayers, more pots, on a better monster, one that is always at 100% efficiency, even without paying attention. In that case, yes, I can state that I think the idea that you are getting significantly better XP then me is wrong.

And my argument

#2. We are assuming the average player is fairly high leveled, with stats in the mid 80s-low 90s. Even if we didn't, the fact that we use Piety for our slayer calculations (By far worth the cost, but with an argument that is beyond the scope of this post) means that the same 'average player' would be spending just as much extra on slayer

#4. Terrible argument, I already disproved it - slayer is roughly half as fast at training Summoning, Melee, and GP together as doing them separately

AFK.

#2 We have not been using piety in the slayer calculations. All of mine were of superhuman strength which uses up a very minimal amount of prayer.

#4 You haven't disproved anything but come up with fake numbers and called them facts.

Everything you have said is so contradictory. You specifically say that your rates were for the average player at 50k xp/h. Now you are saying that it is for higher level players bordering on level 90 stats. A person with level 90 stats is not going to be getting such a low rate as you suggest.

That's the average player I am addressing in my posts. It would do you good to go back and read the other posts in this rant.

It all boils down to this. You are trying to say that slayer earns more then 90k XP per hour, making it more efficient then my methods. And it doesn't. Simple as that.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slayer.jpg

"So you don't like Slayer eh?"

Nah jk that was just a joke.

Well, I can't change what you think, since you have valid points. All of them. (Except range, ranging slayer tasks isn't ever a good idea anyway. Which I suppose means you're right, anyway...)

However, Slayer provides something other methods do not: Slayer xp and levels. So much is unlocked in Slayer. Broad bolts, Slayer Dart, a money-maker to rival rune mining. And the levels. During Slayer you'll have the chance to train up to 4 skills at once (ranged, hits, slayer, and 1 melee stat, assuming you aren't on controlled). Perhaps it isn't always the best xp, but I never get as low xp at 50k. I don't know how you train it, but I get high xp when I'm slaying. Around 70k on most tasks, with the exception of metal dragons and such.

If you're looking for xp, Sumona actually has better xp tasks than Duradel.

Anyway, like I said, if you hate it you hate it. But as for me, I'll keep slaying.

See previous argument. I have much better stats then you, I'm using better equipment, better prayers, more pots, on a better monster, one that is always at 100% efficiency, even without paying attention. In that case, yes, I can state that I think the idea that you are getting significantly better XP then me is wrong.

I don't see how you have "much" better stats than me. You have 1 better in Attack, 4 in Strength, 3 in Defence (makes no difference at Zombie Monkies), 5 in Range, which doesn't change anything, and mage and hp are the same. You also have 1 high in Summoning, which gains nothing new and doesn't have much affect on this, and finally 9 better in Prayer. Simply longer lasting prayer, but that doesn't influence how good the task goes. Better equipment? Do you even know what I use? You think my stating illogical statements that it makes your point more valid? Better Prayers... I use either superhuman strength of Piety on all tasks. More pots... as you said somewhere earlier that potting every 5 levels under max compared to 10 isn't going to have a significant difference. Zombie Monkies are necessarily better, and they aren't 100% efficient. So no you can't state truthfully.

That's the average player I am addressing in my posts. It would do you good to go back and read the other posts in this rant.

It all boils down to this. You are trying to say that slayer earns more then 90k XP per hour, making it more efficient then my methods. And it doesn't. Simple as that.

I have read all the posts in this rant. Again you prove that you do not read what I am saying either. When did I say it averages over 90k per hour? I have stated several times it doesn't, but that it is alot higher than what you have been stating.

ydrasil.png

I don't see how you have "much" better stats than me. You have 1 better in Attack, 4 in Strength, 3 in Defence (makes no difference at Zombie Monkies), 5 in Range, which doesn't change anything, and mage and hp are the same. You also have 1 high in Summoning, which gains nothing new and doesn't have much affect on this, and finally 9 better in Prayer. Simply longer lasting prayer, but that doesn't influence how good the task goes. Better equipment? Do you even know what I use? You think my stating illogical statements that it makes your point more valid? Better Prayers... I use either superhuman strength of Piety on all tasks. More pots... as you said somewhere earlier that potting every 5 levels under max compared to 10 isn't going to have a significant difference. Zombie Monkies are necessarily better, and they aren't 100% efficient. So no you can't state truthfully.

I have read all the posts in this rant. Again you prove that you do not read what I am saying either. When did I say it averages over 90k per hour? I have stated several times it doesn't, but that it is alot higher than what you have been stating.

4 higher strength is the main factor in XP at lower level monsters, and the XP rate differences between 94 and 98 strength are significant.

I stated that other methods were more efficient if slayer was less then 90k per hour, through a series of very simple equations. You continued to say that slayer was more efficient. Slayer is around 50k XP per hour, if you pay attention, making my methods almost twice as efficient as slayer, and proving my point. Pray, tell me, what is YOUR idea of the XP of slayer? Even inushkant, with almost 90 slayer and a big fan of the skill, admits that it is less then 70k per hour. Unless it's over 90k XP per hour, slayer is not the best way to train combat, which is the point of my entire thread.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

slayer.jpg

"So you don't like Slayer eh?"

Nah jk that was just a joke.

Well, I can't change what you think, since you have valid points. All of them. (Except range, ranging slayer tasks isn't ever a good idea anyway. Which I suppose means you're right, anyway...)

However, Slayer provides something other methods do not: Slayer xp and levels. So much is unlocked in Slayer. Broad bolts, Slayer Dart, a money-maker to rival rune mining. And the levels. During Slayer you'll have the chance to train up to 4 skills at once (ranged, hits, slayer, and 1 melee stat, assuming you aren't on controlled). Perhaps it isn't always the best xp, but I never get as low xp at 50k. I don't know how you train it, but I get high xp when I'm slaying. Around 70k on most tasks, with the exception of metal dragons and such.

If you're looking for xp, Sumona actually has better xp tasks than Duradel.

Anyway, like I said, if you hate it you hate it. But as for me, I'll keep slaying.

<3: Thanks for lightening the moment. :lol:

Your very right; in the very low levels, slayer dart and broad bolts are worth unlocking (although I prefer MSB over broad bolts, and COG over slayer dart). But beyond that slayer doesn't have much to offer; Abby Demons, Mages, and Dark Beasts are all outdated and inefficient methods of making money, useless unless you are training slayer. So unless its for fun or total levels, slayer really doesn't have a point. There is simply too many people who train it, either for fun or because they are misinformed and think it is good XP, to make it really profitable.

DeviledEgg24.png

4 higher strength is the main factor in XP at lower level monsters, and the XP rate differences between 94 and 98 strength are significant.

I stated that other methods were more efficient if slayer was less then 90k per hour, through a series of very simple equations. You continued to say that slayer was more efficient. Slayer is around 50k XP per hour, if you pay attention, making my methods almost twice as efficient as slayer, and proving my point. Pray, tell me, what is YOUR idea of the XP of slayer? Even inushkant, with almost 90 slayer and a big fan of the skill, admits that it is less then 70k per hour. Unless it's over 90k XP per hour, slayer is not the best way to train combat, which is the point of my entire thread.

Four higher Strength may allow you to hit one damge more, far from significant. You have brought this up many time, but i've not even asked yet... how did you arrive at only 50k xp/h while doing Slayer? You can't say you have proven anything without actually explaining how you even managed to come up with that experience rate. My idea is that it is indeed higher than your stated rate easily. I would say it is possible to average at or slightly below 70k, it may even be higher.

I don't mean anything bad by this, but Inuashakent's rate doesn't mean it is the average either. By seeing his guide on Slayer he says that he skips some tasks that have high Slayer xp/h rates (reason doesn't matter). I'm not saying he should have to do these tasks, but if done they would increase the average xp/h.

Your very right; in the very low levels, slayer dart and broad bolts are worth unlocking (although I prefer MSB over broad bolts, and COG over slayer dart). But beyond that slayer doesn't have much to offer; Abby Demons, Mages, and Dark Beasts are all outdated and inefficient methods of making money, useless unless you are training slayer. So unless its for fun or total levels, slayer really doesn't have a point. There is simply too many people who train it, either for fun or because they are misinformed and think it is good XP, to make it really profitable.

They may not be the best way to make money, but getting boots results in about 450k per hour and getting whips is about 300k I think. It is still ok money and provides experience. Think about it this way, if everyone had your point of view on Slayer and nearly no-one raised it. By that simple fact alone more people would train it because the drops would be worth more. Regardless of what you think, Slayer is and always will be good experience.

Now I have a question, answer with what you believe is as close to correct as you can. If you started at say 80 Slayer and 52 summoning, went for 99 Slayer, by the time you get there, what level do you think the charms would get you to? I'll explain why after you respond.

ydrasil.png

Four higher Strength may allow you to hit one damge more, far from significant. You have brought this up many time, but i've not even asked yet... how did you arrive at only 50k xp/h while doing Slayer? You can't say you have proven anything without actually explaining how you even managed to come up with that experience rate. My idea is that it is indeed higher than your stated rate easily. I would say it is possible to average at or slightly below 70k, it may even be higher.

I don't mean anything bad by this, but Inuashakent's rate doesn't mean it is the average either. By seeing his guide on Slayer he says that he skips some tasks that have high Slayer xp/h rates (reason doesn't matter). I'm not saying he should have to do these tasks, but if done they would increase the average xp/h.

They may not be the best way to make money, but getting boots results in about 450k per hour and getting whips is about 300k I think. It is still ok money and provides experience. Think about it this way, if everyone had your point of view on Slayer and nearly no-one raised it. By that simple fact alone more people would train it because the drops would be worth more. Regardless of what you think, Slayer is and always will be good experience.

Now I have a question, answer with what you believe is as close to correct as you can. If you started at say 80 Slayer and 52 summoning, went for 99 Slayer, by the time you get there, what level do you think the charms would get you to? I'll explain why after you respond.

I will freely admit that I don't have a clue. A very rough guess, using 8 crimson per hour, with 900 hours from 80-99, would put it at 7.2k crimsons. Obviously it would be only that worth of crimsons, so to estimate the value I will use the XP from a common pouch, Granite Lobster, assuming that your average XP per crimson will be close to that. At 325.6 XP per charm, that is 2.4m XP (Numbers are, obviously, very rough). Assuming you started from the mid XP from 52-53 summoning, or 143,733, plus the 2,400,000 XP from the charms would be 2,543,733 XP, between level 82 and 83. My numbers are VERY rough, and like I said, could be off by a significant amount. That's one point I'm willing to compromise on.

The money and XP, combined, is worse then that of Avansies and Zombie monkies, combined. Therefore there is no point to killing slayer monsters outside of tasks, EXCEPT FOR FUN.

DeviledEgg24.png

I will freely admit that I don't have a clue. A very rough guess, using 8 crimson per hour, with 900 hours from 80-99, would put it at 7.2k crimsons. Obviously it would be only that worth of crimsons, so to estimate the value I will use the XP from a common pouch, Granite Lobster, assuming that your average XP per crimson will be close to that. At 325.6 XP per charm, that is 2.4m XP (Numbers are, obviously, very rough). Assuming you started from the mid XP from 52-53 summoning, or 143,733, plus the 2,400,000 XP from the charms would be 2,543,733 XP, between level 82 and 83. My numbers are VERY rough, and like I said, could be off by a significant amount. That's one point I'm willing to compromise on.

From what I have seen and heard, that the charms from Slayer will get you into the 90s. That the Summoning to Slayer ratio is about 0.7:1 up to 0.8:1. This results in 7.7-8.8m Summoning experience. That is about level 94-95.

Now using your times of 900 hours of slaying for 99 Slayer, this means on average you will also gain 8.6-9.8k Summoning experience per hour which is about 27 or so Crimsons worth per hour.

Using what I believe can be averaged, 20-25k Slayer xp/h and i'll say 65k of melee xp/h (though it can be higher). You could get up to 20k Summoning experience per hour. However, say it is about 17.5k. That means on average per hour you gain around 22.5k Slayer, 65k Melee, (not sure how much experience you get per damage with cannon, I think it is 2x) so 12.5k Range, 17.5k Summoning experience per hour. In total that is 117.5k experience per hour (without Hitpoints), or 140k experience per hour (with Hitpoints. Zombie Monkies gains about 100k Melee xp/h and 10k extra from a familiar. That is about 143k experience per hour with Hitpoints.

As you see, the exprience difference is minimal, but Slayer makes money compared to the Monkies loss. With Slayer, as you say, making 50k per hour, Monkies losing 40k per hour, you would need to be able to make approximately 4.32Mil per hour, for it to be more efficient. Even with Slayer making only 10k per hour, you need to be able to make 2.88Mil per hour on average. For the Difference to brought down to 1Mil, you would have to lose 20k per hour during Slayer. Even still, the average player can't. Even at Slayer losing 30k per hour a player would need to make 500k/h. The thing is, even if someone Slayer lost 20k per hour (which isn't really possible ;) ), and someone could make just over 1mil per hour on average, I still would say it isn't worth doing.

Mathematically shown, that yes Zombie Monkies can be more efficient. However, since no-one can make that much continuously every hour. From this, I would say Slayer is still better.

The money and XP, combined, is worse then that of Avansies and Zombie monkies, combined. Therefore there is no point to killing slayer monsters outside of tasks, EXCEPT FOR FUN.

There is reasons for killing them outside of Slayer other than fun. Some people simply cannot make alot of money per hour. It is easier for them to train on say Spiritual Mages, getting maybe 60-80k xp/h (or whatever it is when you camp there), while gaining 450k profit per hour.

If I made any mistakes, feel free to point them out. Hate to think I did all that and forgot to move a decimal or something ::' .

ydrasil.png

From what I have seen and heard, that the charms from Slayer will get you into the 90s. That the Summoning to Slayer ratio is about 0.7:1 up to 0.8:1. This results in 7.7-8.8m Summoning experience. That is about level 94-95.

Now using your times of 900 hours of slaying for 99 Slayer, this means on average you will also gain 8.6-9.8k Summoning experience per hour which is about 27 or so Crimsons worth per hour.

Using what I believe can be averaged, 20-25k Slayer xp/h and i'll say 65k of melee xp/h (though it can be higher). You could get up to 20k Summoning experience per hour. However, say it is about 17.5k. That means on average per hour you gain around 22.5k Slayer, 65k Melee, (not sure how much experience you get per damage with cannon, I think it is 2x) so 12.5k Range, 17.5k Summoning experience per hour. In total that is 117.5k experience per hour (without Hitpoints), or 140k experience per hour (with Hitpoints. Zombie Monkies gains about 100k Melee xp/h and 10k extra from a familiar. That is about 143k experience per hour with Hitpoints.

As you see, the exprience difference is minimal, but Slayer makes money compared to the Monkies loss. With Slayer, as you say, making 50k per hour, Monkies losing 40k per hour, you would need to be able to make approximately 4.32Mil per hour, for it to be more efficient. Even with Slayer making only 10k per hour, you need to be able to make 2.88Mil per hour on average. For the Difference to brought down to 1Mil, you would have to lose 20k per hour during Slayer. Even still, the average player can't. Even at Slayer losing 30k per hour a player would need to make 500k/h. The thing is, even if someone Slayer lost 20k per hour (which isn't really possible ;) ), and someone could make just over 1mil per hour on average, I still would say it isn't worth doing.

Mathematically shown, that yes Zombie Monkies can be more efficient. However, since no-one can make that much continuously every hour. From this, I would say Slayer is still better.

There is reasons for killing them outside of Slayer other than fun. Some people simply cannot make alot of money per hour. It is easier for them to train on say Spiritual Mages, getting maybe 60-80k xp/h (or whatever it is when you camp there), while gaining 450k profit per hour.

If I made any mistakes, feel free to point them out. Hate to think I did all that and forgot to move a decimal or something ::' .

Good job on not saying 'rofl ur an idiot i get 130 crimson an hour at dust devils so ill get 99 summoning so slayers better haha, like I was expecting :thumbsup:

However, you are sadly mistake with your 27 crimson per hour. Gold charms get 68.4 XP per pouch at level 52+ for the most efficient pouch, Spirit Terrorbird. That's a far cry from crimson's 325.6 XP - meaning you'd have to get over 38 gold an hour while slaying just to get the equivalent of 8 crimson. I'm not sure where you dug up your '99 slayer gets your summoning in the mid 90s' argument - I'm not even sure that anyone's trained from 1-99 slayer since summoning came out. Even worse, you didn't use your 8.6-9.8k summoning figure for your caluclations; you randomly stated the summoning experience as 17.5k per hour, 53 crimsons, or 252 gold charms per hour! Next you included a cannon in ALL your summoning calculations - my figures did not include cannon use, which is NOT worth it - it costs nearly twice what chinchompas do; unless you value slayer XP VERY highly, it is not worth it. Then you used your slayer XP figure and included the omniscient cannon XP for 22.5k XP an hour, or 90k combat XP - again, far from true. We can go with your 65k melee XP figure, although I will indeed state that that figure is higher then what most players will see, but that doesn't mean you can count on a cannon to get XP - My figures don't even include the cost cannon usage, and given the rarity of cannonable tasks, the idea that 20k of your hourly XP comes from a cannon is absurd! Furthermore, we are leaving slayer XP out of the situation - we are arguing about the most efficient way of training combat, and comparing apples to oranges is worthless. Needless to say, hitpoints XP is left out of the equation everywhere. Once those inaccurate factors are stripped out, we are left with the 65k melee XP per hour, plus the 8 crimson charms for 2.6k Summoning XP, leaving me back with my original equation - 65k melee XP is far smaller then 90k melee XP, and slayer falls far short in terms of efficiency. Even with the 16.25k slayer XP, you would have to value your slayer XP twice as valuable as combat, meaning 55k XP per hour at 20k loss from 1-99, half of Monkies, meaning redemption in the form of Avansies would grant 237 hours X 400k = 94.8 MILLION GP, plus 4.8m from 'training' at 'monkies' = 99.6 MILLION, the COST of 99 slayer. If we factor in the XP from Avansies, you would end up wasting considerably more, totaling 1/2 of our numbers below (details also below), or 33.5M - making 99 slayer cost 133.1 Million. The numbers multiply even more quickly if we use a lower XP rate; at my figures of 45k XP an hour + 11.25k slayer XP = 56.25k XP total per hour, 90k - 56.25k = 33.75k slayer XP that has to be made up, or 1/4th the total XP lost from training, meaning - 22.5k XP per hour at 10k loss from 1-99, half of zombies - meaning the 'cost' of slayer would be 199.2 MILLION GP. Again, add the XP from avansies - approx. 16.6m XP, factor in that XP from chinchompas, the best method of training, would cost 69 hours and 30 million, plus the 69 hours from avansies giving another 27 million GP lost, plus the XP of 2.4m, meaning another 10 hours of chinchompas and 4.5m cost, making for another 4.5m and 4m from opportunity costs lost, and so on in an infinity decreasing loop, ending with about 67m extra cost tacked on. The final cost: 266.2m GP LOST for 99 slayer, based on time, XP, summoning XP, and drops. I know that last part was probably VERY hard to follow, but basically I took what XP you were sacrificing by training slayer, and comparing that to the slayer XP you were getting - then calculated how much time you were wasting to achieve that, based on the melee XP rates of slayer. I tried to simplify it, but well... I'm tired, don't expect a response to your response until tomorrow.

As for your other comment, anyone who has 83 slayer and kills spiritual mages PROBABLY has access to avansies, and spirit mages aint no 80k XP and 450k profit no more.

DeviledEgg24.png

287? two eight seven? Dont know what you meant saying the "letters two, eight and seven" :|

OT: yah slayer sucks, it sucks for summoning, training and everything else. And it's boring, I've been assigned turoths 6 times in a row (literally), couldnt be bothered to do the last one yet.

Staurolite.png

I'll have to break this paragraph up to respond to each part

Good job on not saying 'rofl ur an idiot i get 130 crimson an hour at dust devils so ill get 99 summoning so slayers better haha, like I was expecting :thumbsup: I've not said anything stupid or illogical like that. You actually expected me to say something like that? -.-

However, you are sadly mistake with your 27 crimson per hour. Gold charms get 68.4 XP per pouch at level 52+ for the most efficient pouch, Spirit Terrorbird. That's a far cry from crimson's 325.6 XP - meaning you'd have to get over 38 gold an hour while slaying just to get the equivalent of 8 crimson. I'm not sure where you dug up your '99 slayer gets your summoning in the mid 90s' argument - I'm not even sure that anyone's trained from 1-99 slayer since summoning came out.

Gold Charms give 86 xp each with Barker Toads, which is personally what I make. I don't know why you're saying you would need 36 golds per hour either... As for that someone who trained Summoning up using only Slayer, Zarfot of course ::' . He already had 99 at the time when he started. He obtained his charms only via Slayer. I dug up the '99 slayer gets your summoning in the mid 90s' from the fact of how often charms drop. They effectively get a ratio of 0.7:1 up to 0.8:1 of Summoning:Slayer experience.

Zarfot estimates you can easily get 96-99 Summoning via 99 Slayer

Even worse, you didn't use your 8.6-9.8k summoning figure for your caluclations; you randomly stated the summoning experience as 17.5k per hour, 53 crimsons, or 252 gold charms per hour! Next you included a cannon in ALL your summoning calculations - my figures did not include cannon use, which is NOT worth it - it costs nearly twice what chinchompas do; unless you value slayer XP VERY highly, it is not worth it. Then you used your slayer XP figure and included the omniscient cannon XP for 22.5k XP an hour, or 90k combat XP - again, far from true.

The 8.6-9.8k came from your rates. I didn't randomly state 17.5k either, that came from the rate of 20-25k Slayer xp/h.

11,000,000/22,500 = 488.9 hours

8,800,000/488.9 = 18,000 (Summoning xp/hours, slightly over 17.5k)

People who train Slayer should be using a cannon. It is definately worth the added experience per hour for the cost. I never said it was 90k combat xp per hour, I stated it was 65k. for melee. That means it took 16.25k Slayer xp for just the melee. 6.75k Slayer experience for the cannon, which is 17.5k Range experience per hour.

Iscannonworthit.png

We can go with your 65k melee XP figure, although I will indeed state that that figure is higher then what most players will see, but that doesn't mean you can count on a cannon to get XP - My figures don't even include the cost cannon usage, and given the rarity of cannonable tasks, the idea that 20k of your hourly XP comes from a cannon is absurd! Furthermore, we are leaving slayer XP out of the situation - we are arguing about the most efficient way of training combat, and comparing apples to oranges is worthless.

65k per hour isn't really that high. That rate can even be achieved on Iron drags for God's sake, why do you keep saying it is high? I also never said 20k per hour comes from the cannon either. I said it was about 8.75k. Slayer experience has to stay in the equation as you do also receive it. As for the rarity of cannonable tasks... out of the 24 he assignes, 12 are cannonable. 50% isn't very rare :thumbsup: .

Needless to say, hitpoints XP is left out of the equation everywhere. Once those inaccurate factors are stripped out, we are left with the 65k melee XP per hour, plus the 8 crimson charms for 2.6k Summoning XP, leaving me back with my original equation - 65k melee XP is far smaller then 90k melee XP, and slayer falls far short in terms of efficiency.

Are you saying I left Hitpoints out, or that it should be? Because I left it in. Again, i'm not sure where you got 8 crimsons per hour. Assume you get a task of 180 Nechryaels, you would receive approximately 60 Crimsons, 16 gold, 9 green and maybe 1 blue. That would last 51 and a half minutes approximately, for the rate to drop to 8 crimsons per hour, for the next 7 tasks would have to give no charms what so ever, that isn't going to happen.

This next few parts are very messy to me, and hard to understand.

Even with the 16.25k slayer XP, you would have to value your slayer XP twice as valuable as combat, meaning 55k XP per hour at 20k loss from 1-99, half of Monkies, meaning redemption in the form of Avansies would grant 237 hours X 400k = 94.8 MILLION GP, plus 4.8m from 'training' at 'monkies' = 99.6 MILLION, the COST of 99 slayer.

I assume you are saying that, you are training at half the rate at Monkies here. At only 55k compared to 110k, and at half the loss per hour. And that you use the other half to gain money at Aviansie. Meaning you spent 474 hours to get one skill from 1-99 and made 94.8Mil. Not sure where you got 4.8Mil from training at monkies either, or how that is the cost of Slayer.

If we factor in the XP from Avansies, you would end up wasting considerably more, totaling 1/2 of our numbers below (details also below), or 33.5M - making 99 slayer cost 133.1 Million. The numbers multiply even more quickly if we use a lower XP rate; at my figures of 45k XP an hour + 11.25k slayer XP = 56.25k XP total per hour, 90k - 56.25k = 33.75k slayer XP that has to be made up, or 1/4th the total XP lost from training, meaning - 22.5k XP per hour at 10k loss from 1-99, half of zombies - meaning the 'cost' of slayer would be 199.2 MILLION GP.

I've been trying to show Slayer sin't as slow as you say it is, but you have been doing the opposite and made your rate even lower. Steel Dragons, melee only, gets more Slayer and melee xp/h than what you have said, even faster than the 50k melee xp/h rate. That aths doesn't make much sense to be either, could you please try to make it clearer?

Again, add the XP from avansies - approx. 16.6m XP, factor in that XP from chinchompas, the best method of training, would cost 69 hours and 30 million, plus the 69 hours from avansies giving another 27 million GP lost, plus the XP of 2.4m, meaning another 10 hours of chinchompas and 4.5m cost, making for another 4.5m and 4m from opportunity costs lost, and so on in an infinity decreasing loop, ending with about 67m extra cost tacked on.

I don't know why you have chinchompas either. You say factor that xp in, but you haven't it before now in this post.

The final cost: 266.2m GP LOST for 99 slayer, based on time, XP, summoning XP, and drops. I know that last part was probably VERY hard to follow, but basically I took what XP you were sacrificing by training slayer, and comparing that to the slayer XP you were getting - then calculated how much time you were wasting to achieve that, based on the melee XP rates of slayer. I tried to simplify it, but well... I'm tired, don't expect a response to your response until tomorrow.

I made mine as easy to follow as I could, and almost completely certain I made no mistakes also. I don't recal sacrifcing any experience in training Slayer, as it averages overall being effectively the same as Zombies.

You took so many things out of my calculations simply because what? You don't think Slayer experience is worth it? Or hitpoints for that matter? You also took the cannon out of it, which made no sense.

I'll try to simplify this as much as I can:

Start at 80 Slayer and 52 Summoning.

You gain 11Mil Slayer experience, and also gain 8.8Mil Summoning experience

You get 22.5k Slayer xp/h.

80-99 Slayer takes 488.9 Hours

Therefore you average 18k Summoning xp/h.

You gain 65k melee xp/h.

(22,500-16,250)*2 = 12,500 Range xp/h

65,000/3 = 21.7k Hitpoints xp/h.

That all adds up to 139.6k Overall xp/h. Rounded off to 140k

At Zombie Monkies:

100k melee xp/h.

33.3k Hitpoints xp/h.

10k xp/h from familiar.

That all adds up to 143.3k Overall xp/h. Rounded off to 143k

Now for the Difference (I do it different to you, but this is correct):

In one hour training by Slayer gets you 140k xp.

To get 140k xp from Zombies, you would have to be there for (140,000/143,000)*3,600 = 3,524.5 seconds.

This leaves you with 3,600-3,524.5 = 75.5 second spare.

The difference in price was 90k gp.

Therefore within 75.5 seconds, you need to make 90k gp for them to be equal. Higher to be more efficient.

To get that much money within 75.5 seconds, you would need to be making (3,600/75.5)*90,000 = 4.29Mil per hour.

There is no mistakes there, go through the calculations yourself and you will get the same number. The only reason you still think that you lose that much by Slayer, is because you think you are only getting 45k xp/h via Slayer. 65k is more than possible on every task except for Mithril Dragons. So if every task you can get 65k per hour.... how can the rate be 45k? Unless you aare suggesting that you get Mithril Dragon tasks 70% of the time or so.

As for your other comment, anyone who has 83 slayer and kills spiritual mages PROBABLY has access to avansies, and spirit mages aint no 80k XP and 450k profit no more.

450k profit is only equivalent to 1.7 Dragon Boots per hour. Since you can get 300 kills per hour with Slayer, maybe 250 kills per hour without Slayer Helmet (although I don't think the rate woulld drop that much). Therefore to get 1.7 boots per hour on average, the drop rate would have to be at maximum 1 per 147 kills. Since the drop rate s between 1 in 100 to 1 in 150, I think 450k profit per hour is more than possible. Also 250 kills per hour is 75k melee xp/h.

ydrasil.png

Just to settle once and for all this one thing about Dust Devils, and your supposed max 80k melee xp/h. I got them as a task so I it'd be great to time them, but to make sure you wouldn't say I just faked them or whatever other reason you have used, I vidded it.

As can be seen, I started attack at 0:13, and finished at 4:38. In that time I killed 18 Dust Devils (feel free to check). So therefore, in 4:25 I killed 18 Dust Devils, which is 265 seconds.

265/3,600 = 0.0736.

18/0.0736 = 244.53 kills per hour.

244.53*105 = 25,675.47 Slayer xp/h.

25,675.47*4 = 102,701.9 melee xp/h.

As you saw, that was without a combat familiar. Would have been higher with. But as you have said, you can't even get that rate at Zombie Monkies. Also, I gained money from this task, as well as charms. So contrary to what you said, In no way, shape or form, are Zombie Monkies better than Dust Devils on Slayer. Also note I made a few mistakes in this test, my stats are also not maxed. So even higher is possible.

I incurred a cost of 44,983 for the task of 181. The drops I picked up were worth 75,393 (also note I didn't pick up everything as i brought too much food and prayer potions which I didn't need. The excess may of been an extra 21k or so). Both of these were from mid GE prices. I also received 14 gold, 9 green, 37 crimson and 4 blue charms. The equivalent of only 52 crimsons for me, which would have cost 189k had I been bursting for them at the price of 4.5k each. Also since the average points received each task is 24, that means I could afford 69% of a magic dart set, meaning I also received the equivalent of 58,457gp for finishing the task. All of this put together means I made the equivalent of 277,867 profit from this task. The task also only took about 45 minutes.

Hopefully in seeing this, you'll finally notice that the rates can be alot higher than what you state. This applies to all other tasks also.

ydrasil.png

We can go with your 65k melee XP figure, although I will indeed state that that figure is higher then what most players will see, but that doesn't mean you can count on a cannon to get XP - My figures don't even include the cost cannon usage, and given the rarity of cannonable tasks, the idea that 20k of your hourly XP comes from a cannon is absurd! Furthermore, we are leaving slayer XP out of the situation - we are arguing about the most efficient way of training combat, and comparing apples to oranges is worthless.

65k per hour isn't really that high. That rate can even be achieved on Iron drags for God's sake, why do you keep saying it is high? I also never said 20k per hour comes from the cannon either. I said it was about 8.75k. Slayer experience has to stay in the equation as you do also receive it. As for the rarity of cannonable tasks... out of the 24 he assignes, 12 are cannonable. 50% isn't very rare :thumbsup:.

65k at iron dragons? How the hell did you get rates like that? That's about 370 or so per hour. Next time you're going to make something up, make it believable.

Just to settle once and for all this one thing about Dust Devils, and your supposed max 80k melee xp/h. I got them as a task so I it'd be great to time them, but to make sure you wouldn't say I just faked them or whatever other reason you have used, I vidded it.

As can be seen, I started attack at 0:13, and finished at 4:38. In that time I killed 18 Dust Devils (feel free to check). So therefore, in 4:25 I killed 18 Dust Devils, which is 265 seconds.

265/3,600 = 0.0736.

18/0.0736 = 244.53 kills per hour.

244.53*105 = 25,675.47 Slayer xp/h.

25,675.47*4 = 102,701.9 melee xp/h.

As you saw, that was without a combat familiar. Would have been higher with. But as you have said, you can't even get that rate at Zombie Monkies. Also, I gained money from this task, as well as charms. So contrary to what you said, In no way, shape or form, are Zombie Monkies better than Dust Devils on Slayer. Also note I made a few mistakes in this test, my stats are also not maxed. So even higher is possible.

I incurred a cost of 44,983 for the task of 181. The drops I picked up were worth 75,393 (also note I didn't pick up everything as i brought too much food and prayer potions which I didn't need. The excess may of been an extra 21k or so). Both of these were from mid GE prices. I also received 14 gold, 9 green, 37 crimson and 4 blue charms. The equivalent of only 52 crimsons for me, which would have cost 189k had I been bursting for them at the price of 4.5k each. Also since the average points received each task is 24, that means I could afford 69% of a magic dart set, meaning I also received the equivalent of 58,457gp for finishing the task. All of this put together means I made the equivalent of 277,867 profit from this task. The task also only took about 45 minutes.

Hopefully in seeing this, you'll finally notice that the rates can be alot higher than what you state. This applies to all other tasks also.

Experience per hour is an average. Unless you're getting dust devils more that once every third task, it still averages to about 65-70k per hour.

You really should have ready the previous pages lol ::' .

65k at iron dragons? How the hell did you get rates like that? That's about 370 or so per hour. Next time you're going to make something up, make it believable.

I wasn't making anything up, 65k was the melee xp/h not Slayer, and I am sure I said over 65k also :thumbsup: . You can get maybe 18-19k Slayer xp/h from meleeing, but I have them blocked anyway. Was just using them as an example, as every task extrcept for Mithril Dragons you can get over 65k melee xp/h

Experience per hour is an average. Unless you're getting dust devils more that once every third task, it still averages to about 65-70k per hour.

I never said it was an average. If you read the past few pages you would have seen what this was about. I mentioned a few pages back that these were faster than Monkies whilst on Slayer, and said it could get over 100k melee xp/h without a combat familiar. Compfreak847 refused to acknowledged that and said you'd be lucky to get 80k per hour, and that they were in no way, shape, or form better than Monkies. Was just intending to prove comp wrong there. Also thanking for agreeing with me - "it still averages to about 65-70k per hour." That is what I have been saying this whole time, and he refuses to believe that also.

ydrasil.png

You killed 18 dust devils in X amount of time and you call that a test? That's MEANINGLESS. Until you give real results, by which i mean HUNDREDS of kills, not 18, you can't make ANY sweeping assumptions.

65k per hour isn't really that high. That rate can even be achieved on Iron drags for God's sake, why do you keep saying it is high?

65k XP an hour on Iron Dragon tasks? 105k XP on Dust Devils? Slayer over 90k melee XP an hour, not including the XP on the skill itself? Your numbers are so unbelievable that it does not good to argue with you. You completely misunderstood my final calculations, which you either chose to ignore or did not understand (which is forgivable; I made them rather confusing and hard to follow). I'm done; I have my XP rates, you have yours. I'll leave my final statement at 'if you get less then 90k melee XP per hour doing slayer tasks, slayer is not a good way to train combat'.

DeviledEgg24.png

Your arguements against slayer all make sense ::'

I can't argue with any of them, as they are completely right, but I personally like the slayer skill. Runescape bores me easily sometimes, and while training slayer, I have the (usual) variety of tasks, and different monsters to kill with different methods, which keeps me amused.

All in all, this is a great rant, and I love the way you post to every post to your thread with good answers. I just hope that your rant doesn't get the attention of Jagex and make them nerf slayer in some way or form ;)

Orly.

Don't let my low post count fool you, I'm a mass Tip.it lurker.

<3: you all!

Your arguements against slayer all make sense ::'

I can't argue with any of them, as they are completely right, but I personally like the slayer skill. Runescape bores me easily sometimes, and while training slayer, I have the (usual) variety of tasks, and different monsters to kill with different methods, which keeps me amused.

All in all, this is a great rant, and I love the way you post to every post to your thread with good answers. I just hope that your rant doesn't get the attention of Jagex and make them nerf slayer in some way or form ;)

Orly.

Debating is one of my favorite activities. But why would Jagex nerf slayer because of this thread? It should make them improve it, which would be fine with me - I like it too, but I can't stand wasting 266.2M (:lol:) just to have 'fun' training slayer instead of zombies; I'd rather train at zombies and then spend the money barraging etc, which is exactly what I'm doing.

DeviledEgg24.png

You killed 18 dust devils in X amount of time and you call that a test? That's MEANINGLESS. Until you give real results, by which i mean HUNDREDS of kills, not 18, you can't make ANY sweeping assumptions.

So instead of seeing that you were wrong, you'll simply say it wasn't a proper test... I knew you were going to try and find some excuse as to why it was wrong. At the pace I was killing them, that extrapolates to 244 kills per hour, regardless of what you think. Also, when I did finish the task, my unicorn had 8:30 left on it. That means it took 45 minutes and 30 seconds. So not only for that 4:38 minutes of testing, the whole task being completed was still at over 100k xp/h rate.

65k XP an hour on Iron Dragon tasks? 105k XP on Dust Devils? Slayer over 90k melee XP an hour, not including the XP on the skill itself? Your numbers are so unbelievable that it does not good to argue with you. You completely misunderstood my final calculations, which you either chose to ignore or did not understand (which is forgivable; I made them rather confusing and hard to follow). I'm done; I have my XP rates, you have yours. I'll leave my final statement at 'if you get less then 90k melee XP per hour doing slayer tasks, slayer is not a good way to train combat'.

My numbers are not unbelieveable. I have examples, shown evidence of other people attaining them, even performed a test as proof. You have done absolutely nothing but say "but your wrong! and i'm right!". You say you it only gets 50k melee xp/h, where did you get that number from? I asked you before but you never responded. You say you 50k gp/h profit, again, where did you get that from? Making up rates doesn't show anything other than your unwillingness to look beyond what you believe to be true.

I again refer you to this picture from Zarfot's guide:

[hide=Slayer xp/h]slayerxpperhour.png[/hide]

It shows that even steel dragons get 14k Slayer xp/h, meaning that it is 56k melee xp/h as a bare minimum. Most people block Steel and Iron dragons also, and sometimes Skeletal Wyverns. This means that the next lowest is Greater Demons at 21k Slayer xp/h with 84k Melee xp/h. It is easily fair to say that the experience averages at 70k melee xp/h or over.

I mentioned several times in my post that your calculations were indeed messy (as inbadly set out), and was extremelly hard to follow. I also asked if you could make it clearer, but you also chose to ignore that. I didn't ignore them, I read through it many times and still had no idea at each point what you were trying to show. Only thing I can think of is you did this purposely in order for no-one else to understand them and simply accept them as correct.

Finally, with your last statement. You left out a majority of the experience rates, as you also get Range experience from the cannon, you get Hitpoints experience, Slayer and Summoning experience also. That experience is not worthless and it adds up.

P.S Please show the calculations in a way that at least someone (other than you) can understand. If no-one else can understand them, how do we know you didn't make them up (like you did with your experience rates and such)?

ydrasil.png

You really should have ready the previous pages lol ::' .

I did read the other pages.

I wasn't making anything up, 65k was the melee xp/h not Slayer, and I am sure I said over 65k also :thumbsup: . You can get maybe 18-19k Slayer xp/h from meleeing, but I have them blocked anyway. Was just using them as an example, as every task extrcept for Mithril Dragons you can get over 65k melee xp/h

Unless you're counting hp experience as well, it takes a far stretch of the imagination to see someone getting 65k p/h at iron dragons. I don't agree with all but one task being over 65k p/h, but it's true that most of them are.

I never said it was an average. If you read the past few pages you would have seen what this was about. I mentioned a few pages back that these were faster than Monkies whilst on Slayer, and said it could get over 100k melee xp/h without a combat familiar. Compfreak847 refused to acknowledged that and said you'd be lucky to get 80k per hour, and that they were in no way, shape, or form better than Monkies. Was just intending to prove comp wrong there. Also thanking for agreeing with me - "it still averages to about 65-70k per hour." That is what I have been saying this whole time, and he refuses to believe that also.

I obviously misinterpreted the meaning of that post. I thought you were saying something along the lines of: "slayer is so much better because you get more xp than zombie monkeys in one task." And trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

^ They aren't impossible to understand, Zarfot's cannon figures come from cannonable tasks, I already explained that slayer XP should not be included in efficiency experiments, and I wasn't including HP XP in any of mine - the results would be the same if we both did or didn't use them, and I chose not to. Therefore neither can you for a fair comparison. But like I said, I believe my XP rates, you believe yours.

DeviledEgg24.png

Unless you're counting hp experience as well, it takes a far stretch of the imagination to see someone getting 65k p/h at iron dragons. I don't agree with all but one task being over 65k p/h, but it's true that most of them are.

That was just Attack/Strength/Defence experience. I say melee instead as you can train Attack, Defence or Controlled (Abyssal Whip). As In my previous post, in the hide tag, that shows experience rates with piety and maxed stats. Iron Dragons give 17k Slayer xp per hour or up to 19k with Dragon Slayer gloves. Since that is single combat, no combat familiar is being used, resulting in 68-76k melee xp/h.

^ They aren't impossible to understand, Zarfot's cannon figures come from cannonable tasks, I already explained that slayer XP should not be included in efficiency experiments, and I wasn't including HP XP in any of mine - the results would be the same if we both did or didn't use them, and I chose not to. Therefore neither can you for a fair comparison. But like I said, I believe my XP rates, you believe yours.

I agree you did say Slayer and Hitpoints should be taken out.... but you never said why. All you said was something about Slayer not being melee therefore shouldn't be included. It doesn't matter if it isn't melee, it is still experience you are gaining along with the Hitpoints. If you took Hitpoints out, Slayer would average faster overall experience completely, and could even lose slightly more money than Zombie Monkies and still be more efficient. You can't say the reults would be the same either way. In either case, you are gaining different amount of Slayer xp/h, it isn't a constant, so it can't be removed. Same with Hitpoints, you were getting 33.3k per hour and Slayer was about 21.7k per hour, not a constant, and hence can't be taken out.

You are wrong about a fair comparions also. The only reason it is unfair, is when you take out sections of the experience gained. Then it becomes an invalid test. Now it is my turn to laugh. So many times I have asked now, and not once have you responded. Where did you get your rates for Slayer from then? (Bolded, in Italics and Underlined, just so you can't miss it)

I also asked if you could show your calculations in a way others can understand. You didn't nor did you even at least respond. I can only surmise that you keep ignoring that because it may be wrong and if you have fancy numbers others might believe you.

One final thing I want to add to what I addressed in my previous post. About the "real test" you said needs to be done to prove the experience rate. Say for example, that I did manage to get times for 10 tasks of Dust Devils, and they added out to about 1710 Dust Devils in total. Also the total time spent killing them was 7 hours, equaling approximately 103k melee xp/h. If I did that, timed every task, calculated profit every task... would you even believe it? I believe you wouldn't and simply say I faked. I got to that conclusion due to your responses to every post on this thread and unwilling to accept anything other than your made up rates.

ydrasil.png

That was just Attack/Strength/Defence experience. I say melee instead as you can train Attack, Defence or Controlled (Abyssal Whip). As In my previous post, in the hide tag, that shows experience rates with piety and maxed stats. Iron Dragons give 17k Slayer xp per hour or up to 19k with Dragon Slayer gloves. Since that is single combat, no combat familiar is being used, resulting in 68-76k melee xp/h.

Ok, first off 68k should be considered the absolute max experience attainable there. The dragon slayer gloves give you 10% more slayer experience, but the same kills/h as barrows gloves. Secondly, maxed combat shouldn't be used as a guide to the xp/h for people who are worried about the most efficient ways to get to 99 you wouldn't be training past 99 if you're just in it to max. For someone who is not maxed combat (say, 97 all) and isn't as efficient at killing things, 60k per hour would be reasonably possible.

Sorry this is a bit off topic but somewhere in this thread someone mentioned about how it's proven that if you're income is greater than 200k per hour it's best to go to rock lobs in order to train summoning. Did someone post the calculations, and where can I find it?

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Ok, first off 68k should be considered the absolute max experience attainable there. The dragon slayer gloves give you 10% more slayer experience, but the same kills/h as barrows gloves. Secondly, maxed combat shouldn't be used as a guide to the xp/h for people who are worried about the most efficient ways to get to 99 you wouldn't be training past 99 if you're just in it to max. For someone who is not maxed combat (say, 97 all) and isn't as efficient at killing things, 60k per hour would be reasonably possible.

Sorry my mistake, forgot that it was because they give more Slayer experience per kill. They also give +10% to Attack and Strength, but i'm not sure if that stacks with the Slayer Helmet, although since it doesn't with say the Salve Ammy, it probably won't here. So yes 68k was max, my mistake. Also note i'm not saying that it is a guide to xp/h always, but from what compfreak847 has been saying he has been talking about with stats at around 90. So ideally, the rates aren't going to drop by that much. Peronally I have 94 in each Attack/Strength/Defence and I'd say I average about 65k per hour

Solidus 77, I think compfreak847 mention that a few pages back.

ydrasil.png