Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Yea, honestly, SLAYER SUCKS

Its a waste of time going to a slayer master, getting your assigntment

NPC Contact.

Still not worth going all the way to Lunar Isle to change spellbooks, then going back to change back when you go train something else.

As for Ancinets, well... its not as much of a struggle to get there =0

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey just a thought here.

What are the xp and gp rates of slayer with casual slaying (super set, no piety and no cannon). Just for the sake of comparison.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

hey just a thought here.

What are the xp and gp rates of slayer with casual slaying (super set, no piety and no cannon). Just for the sake of comparison.

I believe the experience rates he uses are with super sets and 10% strength only.

EDIT: Do not take my word for it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yea, honestly, SLAYER SUCKS

Its a waste of time going to a slayer master, getting your assigntment

NPC Contact.

Still not worth going all the way to Lunar Isle to change spellbooks, then going back to change back when you go train something else.

As for Ancinets, well... its not as much of a struggle to get there =0

YOU might think it's not worth it. I disagree. If you don't find it worthwile to get a task, you're free to not train slayer. Doesn't mean it is not worth it.

hey just a thought here.

I believe the experience rates he uses are with super sets and 10% strength only.

EDIT: Do not take my word for it.

Yeah, but I've seen mentionned a couple times during this whole debate that the profit gained through slayer points (magic dart runes) is off-balanced with the cost of prayer potions and cannon balls. I'm more the casual slayer type (super sets, bunyip and piety as long as I have prayer points) and I get way more than 90k gp per hour. My xp rates are around 55-60k per hour, so I'm not debating that.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Now, I think it depends why you're doing it. Personally I think anyone who trains to 99 for the sake of having 99 needs to get out more and find a more constructive use for their time. Same goes with slayer, if you're going for 99 just because you want the cape, you're an idiot.

That said, there is no doubt that there are better ways to train combat skills - people consistently afk at bandits, zombie monkeys, mummies, pest control, etc etc... For me slayer is a much more enjoyable way to take the grind out of staying at one place for ages whilst achieving nothing. I'd much rather have a diverse experience whilst still achieving that same nothing.

I don't play for the levels, xp rates or anything, and I'm getting to the stage where i just don't enjoy the company of people who do. Maybe I'm getting too old for this game.

Slayer needs updating to make it more profitable and still more diverse, that I will grant, but if you take a breakdown of all the skills, none of them are really all that interesting to get to 99. If I can train multiple things whilst enjoying the company of my online friends, which slayer does allow, then to me that's just about enough. As with anyone else, I'd like it to be more profitable and the like, but if you can't stick with it then just move on and live with it. Whining on forums that jagex probably won't read or take notice of will achieve precisely nothing. Jagex endorsed forums may achieve much the same, but there is at least a slightly increased chance of progress then.

It is very intresting that apperently this "zarfot" fellow is following this topic, or anyone, as some kind of epic debate. This topic is a complete joke of a debate. Most of Deviled Eggs points were disproven between pages 14 and 20. Since then he simply ignored any new arguments introduced and altered his figures when convienient. He has repeatedly changed the figures for exp no less than 3 times.

Deviled Egg's Figures for Slayer: 65K or 50k or 45k xp an hour. (50k was supposedly Zarfot's number. 45k and 65K were Random guesses made by Deviled Egg)

Zombies: 103k or 102k xp or 100k xp or 95k-100k exp per hour. (95-100k untill YDrasil made his point about summoning. Slowly walked it up to 103k with no explanations afterword. None of these numbers have been confirmed by a third party. The Runescape Wikia lists them as 80k-90k xp per hour.)

Let's ignore the fact that in his first post, Deviled Egg stated that Slayer was INDISPUTABLY 50K xp- SET IN STONE, NO DEBATE. Let's also ignore that most of Zarfot's work was done BEFORE the change of Slayer points, which means his data may not properly take those into account (full disclosure- I don't use slayer points)

This so-called "epic" debate doesn't even take major factors into account, like the use of a Low Hp D set, a relatively common strategy, that I and many others employ. Qeltar's database proves that this can signifacantly speed up kills in a number of situations.

Let's ignore the fact that the RSOF which we all love to hate so much list Slayer and Summoning as COMBAT skills. When those factors are taken into account slayer is the superior choice. It is a wider skill.

From The OP:

In short, saying 'slayer is the best way to train combat' is a horribly wrong statement. A correct version would be 'slayer is a slow and unprofitable way to train combat, but if you enjoy the skill it is worth training. Just know that you will be losing out on a large amount of XP and GP.' I have nothing against slayer, but I get tired of people saying that it is the best way to train combat...

But suddenly, when Ydrasil made the summoning point, it was just "Melee only". Even more laughable is the fact that the only slayer could compete is if the 65k per hour that DEVILEDEGG HIMSELF made up is used and not the other figure of 50k.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Let's ignore the fact that the RSOF which we all love to hate so much list Slayer and Summoning as COMBAT skills.

That's for organizational purposes. They put them together because slayer is so intertwined with combat. The categorization of the RSOF forums doesn't mean anything--notice that agility is grouped with moneymaking. I don't know why you brought this up.

The day RS died, how much of this debate have you actually read? Obviously not much; all of the factors you discussed (and far, far, FAR) more were completely proven to be false. Me and ydraisel ended on an agreement - if you count all XP, slayer gets ~3k XP more (but with far less profit), AND it STILL sucks for combat XP - the entire point of my first post.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Thread is still going :lol: . This has got to be the longest (non-sticky) thread in the rants forum by now. Just to back-up what compfreak847 said, if all experience is counted in, yes you do get more experience per hour than the Zombies. You also get less profit (exact amount difference is too hard to determine). However, only counting Combat experience, you do get less with Slayer when compared to Zombies (I think it was about 19k less to combat with Slayer). However, I wouldn't say that it sucks. It is a far better option than nearly every other way in the game as it has a higher combat experience rate and reasonable profit. The only method that has any counter to this is the Armoured Zombies. It is my opinion that if you count the Zombies as the best way, then Slayer is the second best way.

While TheDayRsDied may not have read everything entirely, not everything in the post was false either. The point is, Slayer and Armoured Zombies are the two best ways to train in the game (in my opinion). As for which is better comes down to the individual person.

ydrasil.png

While TheDayRsDied may not have read everything entirely, not everything in the post was false either. The point is, Slayer and Armoured Zombies are the two best ways to train in the game (in my opinion). As for which is better comes down to the individual person.

That's true, some of us (like me) chose to train slayer. I'm just saying that it's worse XP, an indisputable fact :)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The day RS died, how much of this debate have you actually read? Obviously not much; all of the factors you discussed (and far, far, FAR) more were completely proven to be false. Me and ydraisel ended on an agreement - if you count all XP, slayer gets ~3k XP more (but with far less profit), AND it STILL sucks for combat XP - the entire point of my first post.

slayer is bad combat exp...I think everyone gets that now. However alot of people seem to disagree with you that slayer is LESS profit than the zombies. I know i do. This is especially because you only need 1 good drop to make hours and hours of slaying worth it, and even then, you still have normal drops to give even more profit. I thought that was simple. One of the very reasons for training slayer was so you could get worthwhile drops. Just 1 black mask, or 1 g legs, would make up for hours of slaying and many hours of armoured zombies. I wont touch the higher ups since i "havn't been to those levels," but we all know that they're there and the point still stands, whether i mentioned it or not.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

slayer is bad combat exp...I think everyone gets that now. However alot of people seem to disagree with you that slayer is LESS profit than the zombies. I know i do. This is especially because you only need 1 good drop to make hours and hours of slaying worth it, and even then, you still have normal drops to give even more profit. I thought that was simple. One of the very reasons for training slayer was so you could get worthwhile drops. Just 1 black mask, or 1 g legs, would make up for hours of slaying and many hours of armoured zombies. I wont touch the higher ups since i "havn't been to those levels," but we all know that they're there and the point still stands, whether i mentioned it or not.

The point may or may not stand, but that point happens to be wrong - and you have precisely zero evidence. We're talking averages - I don't care about individual drops. Even with the 'normal' drops, you lose a big chunk of money after prayer pots\super sets\armor repair\summons\food\spell\cannon costs, and the slayer darts + 'good' drops barely break even.

DeviledEgg24.png

Just to add something here, someone mentioned a few pages back about Waterfiends making 300k per hour. Many people disagreed and essentially said that wasn't possible. Having been doing Slayer recently, using piety on tasks, I want to point out that making 300k is quite possible. My net gain from Waterfiends per hour ranges from 260-336k per hour, averaging at 308k. So yes, this is quite possibly the case. If I had used only superhuman strength compared to piety, my net gain from drops would be less due to less kills per hour.

Keep in mind that this was net gain, not profit. My profit with piety is actually about 170k per hour. With superhuman strength, I am unsure if it would be higher or lower. You would receive less money per hour from drops, but you spend less on supplies. Either way, you are getting quite a decent amount from them :thumbsup: .

ydrasil.png

Depends on the methods, but earning 300k with piety is unrealistic. I'm not sure what the usual profit is, slayer helm is changing your number slightly, I tend to be lucky if I break even :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Depends on the methods, but earning 300k with piety is unrealistic. I'm not sure what the usual profit is, slayer helm is changing your number slightly, I tend to be lucky if I break even :P

I'm inclined to agree with you here. I have never made anything close to 300k/hour at waterfiends.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Making 300k per hour isn't unrealistic. Considering I made a net gain for up to 336k on one trip, and yes, that was with piety. I don't see how the Slayer Helm is changing the numbers... This was for the money made on Slayer is it not? So a Slayer helm is better than no Slayer Helm. You must be doing something wrong (like not picking up all good drops) to only end up with the outcome of 'lucky to break even.'

Also to y_guy_4_life, you might not have understood properly. The average net gain was over 300k, but that is not profit. I specifically stated that. The average profit is much lower at about 170k (might be lower or higher, when I get more tasks of Waterfiends i'll get a better average).

ydrasil.png

Profit is what we are discussing, NOT net gain. Yes, I more then break even in 'net gain'.

DeviledEgg24.png

But suddenly, when Ydrasil made the summoning point, it was just "Melee only". Even more laughable is the fact that the only slayer could compete is if the 65k per hour that DEVILEDEGG HIMSELF made up is used and not the other figure of 50k.

Since when have I 'dropped' summoning? Both Armored Zombies and slayer are poor methods of training summoning, but they have always been counted in our calculations. Not sure about the whole 'slayer xp is 65k xp is made up, it's really 50k' thing is about, but 65k is from qeltar\me\ydraisl's numbers. Do yourself a favor and read through the replys. :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Honestly whats with the 287 I did not see that in the OP.

I find myself crawling back to slayer for some reason. I like the variety.

It's in there, take another look ;)

That's the same reason I train slayer myself.

DeviledEgg24.png

Profit is what we are discussing, NOT net gain. Yes, I more then break even in 'net gain'.

No, no, no. You missed the entire point of why I posted that information. A few pages back (can't remember who) mentioned it was 300k per hour. It was mentioned the fact that supplies wasn't counted in, and the same person who originally posted said that was the case. So that person was talking about net gain to get 300k, which is what I was backing up.

As for profit, I have mentioned in both previous posts. The profit that I was getting is 170k.

ydrasil.png

Found it. I saw people posting 287 above me and I (Ctrl+F)'ed the post for 287 but didnt see anything.

That's why I posted it the way I did.

No, no, no. You missed the entire point of why I posted that information. A few pages back (can't remember who) mentioned it was 300k per hour. It was mentioned the fact that supplies wasn't counted in, and the same person who originally posted said that was the case. So that person was talking about net gain to get 300k, which is what I was backing up.

As for profit, I have mentioned in both previous posts. The profit that I was getting is 170k.

He was using and discussing it as if it was the actual profit to prove that slayer was far more then 120k per hour profit.

DeviledEgg24.png

He was using and discussing it as if it was the actual profit to prove that slayer was far more then 120k per hour profit.

I couldn't find the page again where the first part of the quote came from, but this is how it progressed:

Waterfiend - I average 300k in loot per task

how do u get 300k loot on a waterfiends taks? i usualy waste money on the ppots :?

Loot... not counting how much i lost from pots etc...

There was this furthur down the page:

Waterfiend - I average 300k in loot per task

how do u get 300k loot on a waterfiends taks? i usualy waste money on the ppots :?

At a max of 200 assigned per task making 1.5k cash per waterfiend isn't possible.

These were the points I was responding to. As the original quote says, it was 300k in loot. Loot is what the drops received are worth, not profit. In the second part of quotes shows where pureprayer says it is impossible. That was the entire point of my post. I wasn't trying to argue the overall profit rates.

On another note, just had a task of 184 Dust Devils. I surprised myself with the rate I was getting. Was only using superhuman strength, and no combat familiar. Completed in 42:16 minutes which makes the rate of experience 110.1k.

ydrasil.png