Growth Of Runescape.

Howdydee2003

Everyone will quit and play Diablo III (3) because it's going to own every other MMORPG.

When will you stop making completely irrelevant, dumb and plaint idiotic posts? Every post you make just makes me lose more and more faith in humanity.

I don't see how that's a dumb and idiotic post, coming from a guy with a username what looks almost like bukake... Lol (was joking bout the username stuffs).

Everyone will quit and play Diablo III (3) because it's going to own every other MMORPG.

When will you stop making completely irrelevant, dumb and plaint idiotic posts? Every post you make just makes me lose more and more faith in humanity.

I don't see how that's a dumb and idiotic post, coming from a guy with a username what looks almost like bukake... Lol (was joking bout the username stuffs).

Aaaaand there goes another! :wall:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

3hit loling at what someone's name looks like...? Ahh the irony :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

RS is crippled technologically, and that puts solid limits to what it can do and the amount of players it has the power to attract.

Err... :roll:

Since the last game engine update, and because of the new way Jagex does the rendering, they can do pretty much whatever they want with the game.

Lol

[hide=RS]2009sh1.jpg[/hide][hide=RS]35kv8gp.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Comes out in 2009-2010]2a5kiac.jpg[/hide][hide=Comes out in 2009-2010]And video: http://www.bascentral.com/news.php[/hide]

Oh yeah, Runescape is SO modern. :lol:

2480+ total

No one plays RS for the graphics. :wall:

The graphics in RS are more an in-spite of thing, although most people actually don't care about them, I know I certainly don't. I play this game for the amusing quests, the RPG element, and the fact I can talk to and make friends while playing.

tifsiggy.jpg

The graphics in RS are more an in-spite of thing, although most people actually don't care about them, I know I certainly don't. I play this game for the amusing quests, the RPG element, and the fact I can talk to and make friends while playing.

Remains the fact that RS is crippled technologically, lol. Iamdan is an idiot for thinking the HD update changes anything to that.

2480+ total

Remains the fact that RS is crippled technologically, lol. Iamdan is an idiot for thinking the HD update changes anything to that.

I really wouldn't say it was crippled, maybe limited slightly compared to other games but really not crippled. I doubt millions of people would play a game with crippled technology on a daily basis. They manage to make new and exciting updates - in what way is it crippled? The graphics? It's brouser based! and by far the most high-detalied brouser based game out there, which is a huge acheivement. You could say: Oh, WoW's far better, but then this thread is about the growth of RS, and imo WoW is far too expensive, you have to pay for the big updates (like Wrath of the Litch King,) and download patches and pay a far larger monthly fee. RS is very cheap relatively, and because it's browser based the updates are already there - it's minimum hassle.

tifsiggy.jpg

Firstly, RS quests are amusing? My local dairy contains less cheese than they do...

What RPG element? Success in RuneScape is overwhelmingly judged by one thing - your skill levels. Oh yeah, and luck with monster drops. That's not an RPG, it's an adventure game.

An RPG element would be me not having to train skills but still making some sort of success through other avenues.

Firstly, RS quests are amusing? My local dairy contains less cheese than they do...

What RPG element? Success in RuneScape is overwhelmingly judged by one thing - your skill levels. Oh yeah, and luck with monster drops. That's not an RPG, it's an adventure game.

An RPG element would be me not having to train skills but still making some sort of success through other avenues.

Thanks for trying to tell me that Runescape, the sell proclaimed "MMORPG" game isn't an RPG, and that a cheesey quest isn't amusing! :wall:

I said amusing, not fun or challenging, and for me those cheesey quests are amusing. Although I also like a fun/challenging quest, the cheesey ones are fun too.

tifsiggy.jpg

Firstly, you're welcome. Anytime.

Secondly, good for you. I'm just saying I personally didn't find them funny at all. The comedy was dry, I like a bit of wit.

Finally, please learn how to use logic. Just because something self-proclaims something doesn't mean it is that thing. To prove this with a suitable example, I proclaim that I am in fact Finnish with pink hair.

I really wouldn't say it was crippled, maybe limited slightly compared to other games but really not crippled. I doubt millions of people would play a game with crippled technology on a daily basis. They manage to make new and exciting updates - in what way is it crippled? The graphics? It's brouser based! and by far the most high-detalied brouser based game out there, which is a huge acheivement. You could say: Oh, WoW's far better, but then this thread is about the growth of RS, and imo WoW is far too expensive, you have to pay for the big updates (like Wrath of the Litch King,) and download patches and pay a far larger monthly fee. RS is very cheap relatively, and because it's browser based the updates are already there - it's minimum hassle.

How is being browser based an advantage? We aren't living in the era of windows 98 anymore, people have good processors and good memory. It takes 30 mins-1 hour to download a game, an hour of download that allows the game to be 10x better than if it was restricted to the web. There is no advantage to browser based unless you have a terribly crappy computer.

2480+ total

Surely it would be false advertising to say that Runescape is an RPG when it isn't?

Not if other people have called it an RPG, no. It's called "quoting".

I'm just putting forward an argument to suggest RuneScape is not an RPG, an argument that you have not addressed yet. I am allowed to disagree with people.

Surely it would be false advertising to say that Runescape is an RPG when it isn't?

Not if other people have called it an RPG, no. It's called "quoting".

I'm just putting forward an argument to suggest RuneScape is not an RPG, an argument that you have not addressed yet. I am allowed to disagree with people.

Well seeing as RPG is a role play game, I would say that it is, although not in a traditional since, an RPG. You don't get locked to a certain role, but you do the skills and quests that you want to do, and to do them have to follow certain (although varied) methods. This would make it an RPG, although a very varied and free environment you are still doing participating in the role you feel like, whether it be cutting trees or killing monsters or both.

tifsiggy.jpg

[hide=Click to explore the inner chambers of the quote pyramid]

[/hide]

I agree with you, it is imo undoubtedly the best browser based game out there, its weakness is also its strength. WoW and RS are impossible to compare, because they hold almost opposite values in what makes a good game.

As long as Jagex keeps going, RS is going to expand in the future, because Jagex always has that ability to push up the system requirements when there's a general consensus that the vast majority of PCs are compatible with the new requirements. Around 8 years into the future, they'll have probably have updated the graphics again, introduced a 1st person perspective, a customisable interface, maybe have a day/night system, whatever, but they'll keep lagging in graphics behind other MMOs, by a few years. But that's exactly the point, RS will always be that almost universally accessible yet quality game.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

To be honest who really cares whether or not Runescape is or is not on one of these downhill trends or whether it has reached its peak. I have been playing since RSC and my stance on the matter is that people who like this game will continue to play and those that don't will move on to other games all the while new players will be added to the community. Therefore, it seems impossible to me for the game to ever crumble unless jagex take the game away.

nexussigar2.png

barbaric_man.png

im really suprised by the new advertizing.

then: miniclips

now: miniclips, addictinggames, german tv, target stores,(some others)

get ready for the boom

The baby-boom?....Oh no,...you mean the Newbie-boom! :o

Talking about booms, this thread has already had the "flaming-off-topic" boom. :|

RuneScape growing? I thought it lost around ~80k Players/day.

It had ~200k players online simultaneously before the restrictions/GE, now there are almost never over 120k players online simultaneously.

But it will probably grow alot more with all this advertising and the new way they are updating the game.

It had ~200k players online simultaneously before the restrictions/GE, now there are almost never over 120k players online simultaneously.

You fail to account for the drop in numbers due to mass bots leaving the game.

Also: Runescape rarely had over 200 thousand players online simultaneously, stop pulling figures out of your :-#

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Also: Runescape rarely had over 200 thousand players online simultaneously, stop pulling figures out of your :-#

I admit that I didn't use accurate numbers for today's players/day but for the pre- restrictions/GE part, yes, there were rarely 200k+ Players simultaneously but my point was that it still was bigger at that time. You can't say it has grown when it actually has dropped and been less ever since the restrictions/GE.

RuneScape has of course grown, if you look back at when it started but that's not how a company should look at their current situation, a company should always strive to get more costumers and keep them.

Common sense, poeple, common sense! :P

And, wtf was that? I made one little guess and you must say I pulled them out of my ...?

That's low dude...looow. Try contribute to the topic instead.

Actually I remember 220,000-230,000 people being online. I just remember the good times where I could go to World 1/2 in Fally Park/Varrock west bank and merchant like crazy.

Yeah, obviously many bots have left but I doubt 1/3rd of the people online were bots. Many just quit because there are BETTER games out there. I know it's hard to believe :roll:

tax-miley-cyrus_186x200.jpg

RSN: Zammyftw ^^The girl that ruined music.

I see what the OP means, its crazy the growth that has occured (purely from a business perspective) even from when i started, there couldnt have been more than 5 employees and 2 updates a month. and now there is a whole company culture and brand name associated with runescape, i guess alot of people find it hard to imagine that its not 2 kids in there mums basement anymore

NICKELEY102.png