Stop telling free players to buy membership!

Laxaria

Well, the argument of unable to buy it now fails because of the now prepaid cards available at all Target stores in the U.S. And even if you aren't in the U.S., how can you not be able to buy it? Mail a check/money order? Credit cards and paypal aren't the only ways to pay for membership.

As for how ftp fuels the economy, I now highly doubt that f2p rules the death and blood rune economy seeing as how both are more expensive than nature runes and are MADE instead of LOOTED on p2p. The only things f2p rules in terms of the economy are iron ore, coal, elemental runes (airs and fires), yew logs and willow logs, big bones, and lobsters. P2p can get along without the resources from f2p; we did it when the crash of the yews, pure ess, and ores came last year. F2p is not as high and mighty as you make it sound like. In fact, p2p supplies your need of zamorak and guthix armor as well as the vast majority of your nature, death, and law runes, not to mention your desire for adamant arrows and green dhide.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with F2Pers, I won't tell you to buy membership if you don't want to because Jagex offers a comprehensive version of the game for free. However, when F2Pers start saying "we deserve more" it really gets on my nerves. I pay every month for additional content, why should you get additional content when you give Jagex nothing back but just take take take?

I agree with you here, FTP doesn't really need much more, and we don't honestly deserve it (anyway, the free version is just as good - I certainly like it just as much as members). I can understand when members are annoyed with Free players wanting stuff, just so long as when they post they don't post this:

STOP BEING CHEAP AND GO SPEND 5$ A MONTH YOU LOSER.

Yeah, it's annoying to read it and it just makes these kinds of threads turn into an uncivil war of internet cavemen...

So anyway, back on topic:

I hate credit cards (though it is the way I've subscribed), mail seems a bit too expensive to send around the world, and it could get lost, Pay by phone could be a problem if you make a mistake writing the code... I can't wait for the prepaid cards to be released in Aus - we have target so it'll be easy to get membership then (not that I will straight away, as I said - the free version is just as good).

and finally, for those that disagree with my last statement, I leave you with 5 reasons why it is better

1. You can slow down and take a load off any time you like without the need to unsubscribe from anything.

2. Less activities and items, making it less likely to have the feeling of "OMG TOO MUCH TO DO!!!111one".

3. Your member friends have to come to your world when they want to meet.

4. You get more use out of your ignore list - even more for your no money!

5. Finding a girlfriend or boyfriend is very easy. (ok, not serious - do not get ideas)

and one more, crucial one (I couldn't resist)

It's Free!!!

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

Mmm hmm, F2p is alright as it is. I started from RS Classic, then moved on to RS2 and now the current Runescape therefore I am really appreciative that there's High Detail and an almost full-screen mode (albeit with the ads on top) that f2pers can play on. And my guess is that the ads don't pay for updates but rather only for the f2p servers.

There are probably many reasons why some f2pers don't/can't get membership which I am probably sure most TIFers heard about. Let me try to summarise:

1. Parents don't allow the use of Credit cards (usually the case of younger players)

2. No Target store near the vicinity or in the country of residence.

3. Feel that the time spent on playing won't warrant P2P worth paying for. (real-life activities etc)

4. May not know how to utilise other methods of payment like Paybycash, Western Union, PayPal etc. (usually the case of younger players)

5. May not have the more easily accessible (and secret :lol:; without letting parents know ) means of payment in the country (e.g. SMS, VISA Gift cards etc)

6. Feel that f2p is sufficient for playing needs and/or overwhelmed by the amount of content in p2p.

7. Feel that paying money for a Java game is not worth it. (compared to real-life commodities or daily necessities)

......and the list goes on.

Anybody can add on to the list if I have missed any reason but I am pretty sure that's about all. :-k

Meh, where I live there is only one way to upgrade my account and thats via credit card and lo and behold, my parents don't own one.

#-o

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

It's biased either way you look at it. If you're F2P you're gonna want more, if you're P2P you're gonna want them to have less. Nobody is innocent here. I see members calling free players "freeloaders" and I see free players calling members "arrogant". Can't we all just get along? :mrgreen:

1. Parents don't allow the use of Credit cards (usually the case of younger players)Other payment methods, VISA giftcards.

2. No Target store near the vicinity or in the country of residence.Other payment methods.

3. Feel that the time spent on playing won't warrant P2P worth paying for. (real-life activities etc)So why beg for more FTP things if you wouldnt have time to do them?

4. May not know how to utilise other methods of payment like Paybycash, Western Union, PayPal etc. (usually the case of younger players) So you dont use them? There are other payment methods available

5. May not have the more easily accessible (and secret :lol:; without letting parents know ) means of payment in the country (e.g. SMS, VISA Gift cards etc) Its pretty easy to get a VISA giftcard. I could WALK to the bank, and get a card. Or have a relative / friend drive me, and do it. No one would know, and its easy.

6. Feel that f2p is sufficient for playing needs and/or overwhelmed by the amount of content in p2p. So WHY beg for more things?

7. Feel that paying money for a Java game is not worth it. (compared to real-life commodities or daily necessities) Then you could care less as to what the came has. It costs more to go to mcdonalds and order a sufficient meal than it takes for an entire month of extra content in a game.

......and the list goes on.No it doesnt.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

The truth is: Why should we care anyway? Jagex needs paying customers to keep the game running. F2P has no where near the content of members. I am a member, and i really don't care about f2p tbh. Why spend your time worring about f2p when you can be leveling members' only skills. F2p is JUST A DEMO USED TO DRAW IN CUSTOMERS. JAgex will never let f2p have near the amount of updates as p2p, they want people to pay. Besides, topic is that Jagex needs to stop putting incentives to make f2p players to get members anyway. (and p2p telling f2p to gt members)

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

imo, just let jagex know of your concerns about ftp, and im sure they'd be willing to help out a paying cust-.....oh wait nvm :wall:

Psionic Elem - friend stole it and sold it to a school mate...wellplayed

2 7 3 - i go on a break and forget the pw...imsmart

T 3 R R 3 T - waiting to fail :P

I think that members having oodles of more content compared to F2P is totally fair.

Not offering Pre-Paid RS cards in Canada isn't :roll:

Why do I not use other methods? Because I'm rather paranoid and avoid disclosing information if possible :-$

1. Parents don't allow the use of Credit cards (usually the case of younger players)Other payment methods, VISA giftcards.

2. No Target store near the vicinity or in the country of residence.Other payment methods.

3. Feel that the time spent on playing won't warrant P2P worth paying for. (real-life activities etc)So why beg for more FTP things if you wouldnt have time to do them?

4. May not know how to utilise other methods of payment like Paybycash, Western Union, PayPal etc. (usually the case of younger players) So you dont use them? There are other payment methods available

5. May not have the more easily accessible (and secret :lol:; without letting parents know ) means of payment in the country (e.g. SMS, VISA Gift cards etc) Its pretty easy to get a VISA giftcard. I could WALK to the bank, and get a card. Or have a relative / friend drive me, and do it. No one would know, and its easy.

6. Feel that f2p is sufficient for playing needs and/or overwhelmed by the amount of content in p2p. So WHY beg for more things?

7. Feel that paying money for a Java game is not worth it. (compared to real-life commodities or daily necessities) Then you could care less as to what the came has. It costs more to go to mcdonalds and order a sufficient meal than it takes for an entire month of extra content in a game.

......and the list goes on.No it does.

Yup, I know. I was just trying to list down most, if not all, of the reasons that most f2pers gave to not be able to/ to not want to get membership; not answering for the majority of them. As for why they ask for more stuff, I don't really know.

As for the part about the Mcdonald meal prices, different countries have different prices. For sure I know that a meal here costs less than the membership fee where I live, but that's besides the point. Just clarifying, there's nothing to it. :)

Yup, I know. I was just trying to list down most, if not all, of the reasons that most f2pers gave to not be able to/ to not want to get membership; not answering for the majority of them. As for why they ask for more stuff, I don't really know.

As for the part about the Mcdonald meal prices, different countries have different prices. For sure I know that a meal here costs less than the membership fee where I live, but that's besides the point. Just clarifying, there's nothing to it. :)

Not where I live (U.S. of A.) I easily drop 40 bucks at Mickey D's and leave hungry...<.<

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

imo, just let jagex know of your concerns about ftp, and im sure they'd be willing to help out a paying cust-.....oh wait nvm :wall:
Aye. If you WERE a paying customer of course they'd he- oh wait, never mind...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I am indeed, sick and tired of "Why sohk? Can't afford members? NOOB!"

I believe that F2P is NOT a "glorfied demo". I do believe that this P2P came out of the starting F2P itself, thus, technically making the P2P a probable upgrade, or an add-on. I think most members have their heads, and ego swell by paying money. For a game. And gloating about it. "Lol you can afford an internet, computer so stfu and pay!!!!!!! u dont deserve any of dis!!! pay!!!" Please. That's something only Jagex would say. We DON'T need YOU to tell US.

Although, I do have mixed feelings about this, since I strongly believe that we seriously can't catch up, even if Jagex gives us all the cool P2P updates. I don't know, it's like... giving a caveman instructions on how to kill high tech aliens. Or something like that. :P

In my humble, free-to-play opinion, we've got plenty of stuff. For Party Pete's sake, last year f2p didn't have bounty hunter, grand exhange, fist of guthix, duel arena, pvp worlds, or a ton of other stuff. This last year has been a gold mine for f2p. The reason Jagex is giving f2p a couple new things is because if they kept f2p the same for years on end, people would not get the right picture about how members is. For example, before fist of guthix, I didn't know what's so special about minigames. Now, I am even more determined to get members because I know minigames are fun!

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

Not where I live (U.S. of A.) I easily drop 40 bucks at Mickey D's and leave hungry...<.<

=D>

But I said to GO to McDonals and get food, which takes gas, even still, last I checked a value meal is in the 4-6 dollar range?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

=D>

But I said to GO to McDonals and get food, which takes gas, even still, last I checked a value meal is in the 4-6 dollar range?

Not for me my metabolism is so [insert word here] fast I have to eat a normal meal every two hours (unless I'm sleeping)

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

In my humble, free-to-play opinion, we've got plenty of stuff. For Party Pete's sake, last year f2p didn't have bounty hunter, grand exhange, fist of guthix, duel arena, pvp worlds, or a ton of other stuff. This last year has been a gold mine for f2p. The reason Jagex is giving f2p a couple new things is because if they kept f2p the same for years on end, people would not get the right picture about how members is. For example, before fist of guthix, I didn't know what's so special about minigames. Now, I am even more determined to get members because I know minigames are fun!

You forget to mention we lost the wildy :wall:

The_Maddest.png

I always had seen F2P as a really really good demo.The only reason im F2P is because I started again and dont want to become a member at such a low level.I will in due course.I really do think that some F2P players are treated wrongly but hey thats life.Its like starting off,almost anywhere I go I get called the dreaded "noob".This is just immature but thats how some people are,I just get over it and ignore them.

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

-Jim Morrison

You forget to mention we lost the wildy :wall:

Yes, maybe. But we did get pvp worlds... that's pretty close in my opinion.

Now, it may just be me, but I think f2p has never been better. I absolutely LOVE all the different stuff we've got now. Despite what a lot of people say, I really think Jagex is a good company. There are some games I've played (specifically, MapleStory) that was just total crap. There were spelling mistakes all over the game, glitches popped up every ten minutes, and it was so easy to hack, my grandmother could do it. Really, RS is so much better than a lot of the alternatives.

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

Ever played adventure quest?

Every click basically is just an advert to get membership.

(Not to add the fact to get onto the servers themselves pratically requires membership in the first place.)

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

[...] while others (the majority) are simply unable to use Paypal, Credit Cards, PayByCash, Prepaid Cards, Western Union or any other major/minor method of getting membership. If you can have the means to buy it, then you are definitely better off than those who want to but can't. [...]

I totally agree with you. I did not had a credit-card for a long time, so i simply had no option to become member :D.

The pre-pay cards is a good idea, sadly only in US.

the_xxzlx2.png

the_xxzlx2.png