Runners and Teleporters.

slaytanicc

The other day i decided that i was going to do a bit of PvP, something i dont do often. I walked around in the PvP Hotspot for over 15minutes to find an opponent my level. Finally i found a level 112 opponent and we started our fight. We were both wearing full rune, so we would have got a decent drop when one of us wonIt went on for probably 4minutes, 4 very fun minutes. We were both out food now, but i had an advantage of a bit more health. i got him down to something i would have guessed as 25hp. Just when i got my 2h out for the KO he teleported. I was so angry and annoyed by this. Why does he PK if he is not willing to loose every now and then?

Share some of your PK stories where you got "cheated" out of a win. What suggestions would you give to stop this from happening?

Discuss.

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Looks to me the guy was just clever :P Though this stuff happens to me all the time and I know it's really annoying >.

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

Nuu, there's way to many restrictions, limits and ditches as there is. If they made a teleport restriction, 'hotspots' will become emptier than Keldagrim.

Plus, good pkers apparently know how to 'K0' people before they tele.

Hmmm i know how to KO, its just hard to KO someone thats busy teleporting.

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Nuu, there's way to many restrictions, limits and ditches as there is. If they made a teleport restriction, 'hotspots' will become emptier than Keldagrim.

I'm sure it's not impossible.

Oh yes excuse me while i magically throw my sword to where ever he teleported himself so i can KO him.

Seriously? :wall:

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Just because you're risking items in pvp doesn't mean you have to be prepared to lose them if you "lose" a battle. I'd much rather keep my stuff instead of being nice and letting someone have a tiny chance at a rune berserker shield.

This seems like it belongs in rants, too.

wl7w9j.png

When it comes to teleporting, I've always believed in pvp it offers too much reward for too little effort. One inventory space for a tablet, and as long as you don't get koed before you can use it you have an almost 100% surefire way to exit a fight safely.

They really need to change the way teleporting works in player combat. No other MMO out there that I can think of offhand has such a cheesy way to escape combat that's that available to anybody with a half hours' work in magic, a piece of jewelry, or a 800 gp tablet.

The most obvious solution is to teleblock/entangle or Ice burst/blitz/barrage and be fast!

Naturally people are going to flee if they don't think they'll win. All I can suggest is trying to outsmart your opponent ;)

Yeah, 'cause we can control luck. :roll: You're the kind of kid who thinks he's smart in pking but is actually just the scum of it. Fight to the death or you're no better than a 1-itemer.

Even when I fight in rune/whip (I usually DH, carrying 75k to compensate risk) in which I lose ~100k+ per death, I still fight to the death. Running or tabbing just means you're a pixel hugger and shouldn't be risking them in the first place. To those who say I'm a pixel hugger for wanting their loot so badly: I pk for the fight, not the loot. Loot is bonus to me.

Just because you're risking items in pvp doesn't mean you have to be prepared to lose them if you "lose" a battle. I'd much rather keep my stuff instead of being nice and letting someone have a tiny chance at a rune berserker shield.

This seems like it belongs in rants, too.

Really now? Then why do ALL of the PvP warnings say "DON'T BRING ITEMS YOU AREN'T PREPARED TO LOSE"? You're an idiot, all you do is piss people off for wasting their time with you when you tab out of a fight.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Oh yes excuse me while i magically throw my sword to where ever he teleported himself so i can KO him.

If you cant teleblock, assuming your f2p take some tele runes with you to. When they tele, tele after them you've got like a 1/3 chance of being right,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

If you cant teleblock, assuming your f2p take some tele runes with you to. When they tele, tele after them you've got like a 1/3 chance of being right,

This isnt a good idea. With me being on low health aswell i would undoubtetly die when i tele. I would most likely get attacked by a 1-itemer as soon as i tele and having no food would get pk'ed.

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Dont fight someone who safes so much that you can't ko?

I have the same problem as you, people ask me for DM's then tele when low food. Its annoying yes, but i accept that the majority of Runescape has no honour. Costs me money... but you gotta accept it.

Only way to equal the level would be to take a tele aswell. But then again maybe you'll get cussed out for it?

This isnt a good idea. With me being on low health aswell i would undoubtetly die when i tele. I would most likely get attacked by a 1-itemer as soon as i tele and having no food would get pk'ed.

Not to mention they could always teleport to lumbridge. You aren't going to finish him in that 10 seconds.

Just nerf teleporting period on pvp worlds, it's a pker's world, why shouldn't it be made for the pkers?

Back like last month, I would play bh from time to time. As I neared the kill, the targ or person I was killing would leave the crater..Lost alot of money ;-;

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Yeah, 'cause we can control luck. :roll: You're the kind of kid who thinks he's smart in pking but is actually just the scum of it. Fight to the death or you're no better than a 1-itemer.

What makes you think I'm a pker? I have never, and hopefully never will pk.

I'm glad to not know anything at all, whatsoever about pking, but that doesn't mean I can't have my views on it.

To me, YOU are the scum of pkers, it's people like you who have brought my opinion down of them through the floor. Both your reasons for calling me scum seem to have one thing in common also. For both, after the fight they'd both result in you making no profit and wasting a bit of food. It seems to me all you want to do is kill people to become rich, insult them if they basically don't surrender themselves or have good items, and act like you rule the world because of it.

Well I'm sure you've ran from fights as well. It's not illegal nor dumb. It's very smart, because I like to keep 30k over dying.

But if he agreed to a deathmatch, that's a different story.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

Why didn't you teleblock? That spell was brought back particularly for PVP. Would have solved your problem there.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

If I have items I want to keep, then i'll try my best to keep them, simple as. People who whinge about teleporters are just sore that they lost their chance. In real life you don't stay there if you're going to get killed - you run away. Simple as.

UrbanLegend.png

Why didn't you teleblock? That spell was brought back particularly for PVP. Would have solved your problem there.

Hmmm i would have expected more from a MOD. Cound you not see from my siggy that i am F2P?

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png