Safing? Really noobish or just a tactic?

Nowayout59

I have killed many and been killed by many :wall: One thing i see commonly is people calling tohers "safers" and yelling "dont safe" or "he/she is a safing noob!!" Is this right? I mean we are all entitled to choose out tactics... And i personally think its childish to call someone a noob or a moron because they dont want to be of such low health points they can be destroyed by you. What is even worse is that most of the people who complain about someone "safing" they do it themselves. Its just odd how thet expect someone to do something that will potentially beifit them but when they are expected to do it thy refuse. So back to the main question.. Is safing really bad noob-like or is it simply protecting one's hide. :thumbsup: \' Oh I also forgot to say is someone who calles a person a safer and mocks them really a noob themselves because of their actions?

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

Tactic. While they are typing "safer", whip out your 2h and p00n them

I agree with you on some and im sure many do that but its hard when the person calling u safer is doing exactly what they are ridiculing you about so while (me for example) i am at 23/75 hp and eat he is up in the 50's and eating like it dinner.

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

Tactic. You want to win? Then you press every possible advantage within the realms of the law. If some people want to have a sook about some code of honour or rules of engagement they've imagined, let them. The runescape community has been in the gutter for 5 years, I say safe on!

SoLawny.png

Noobish.

Pures are for fun. To enjoy killing. If you cannot bear the burder of a death, pures and pking isin't for you.

Some say trash honor. I have been nh, i've lured. But I have NEVER safed. Sure, some might say "oh i wanna b a nub!11!! me no cares" but its about fun.

Its like watching a horror film. Its exhilarating. You WANT to be scared. If you are watching it for no reason other than annoy the person infront of you, then its not for you.

Anyways, if you overly safe, you won't get fights anyways.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Purely noobish. If they want to waste time typing "safer" while I'm raining blows down on them, I don't mind -- I'll still get the kill.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'm f2p so I can't speak for members pvp, I know how high people can hit and that you can't really safe in p2p.

Here's the way I see it for f2p:

A fight with safing:

When someone safes most of the time the other leaves the fight of safes themselves. If they safe themselves, then both players just eat up their food and use up their arrows/pots/runes. They both leave the fight having no chance of winning, and having deliberately wasting their food.

A fight without safing:

Both players have a chance of getting a kill, and it comes down to who doesn't mess up. Items are actually being risked, which fuels the fun of pvp. Either nobody gets koed and both players think it was a good fight, and they 'almost' killed him. If somebody does get koed, the winner makes a profit and the loser has had a good fight and perhaps learned from his mistake.

Clicking food isn't fun, maybe that's just me.

It's not about "I'm not going to let you kill me," its that pvp isn't for you if you aren't comfortable with risking losing items.

I don't safe and I rarely die, If I do die it's because I've made a mistake. I don't mind dying because it's always a learning experience. If some people in f2p can't afford to lose their items, they shouldn't be wasting food for those that should be there.

in f2p safing is pathetic on the whole. Its when you reach a close barrier of 20-31ish hp where is people are safing gets interesting.

In P2p as a pkier who can use veng and has a AGS i can tell you its no where belond me to ko people eating at 60ish whiach is about 2/3 hp. The main point is a 40 whip recoil by veng is 30 plus say a 40 of your own is 70 puts people very quickly in the red zone. In these kinds of fights its very interesting as is death at many moment. Here safing is a tactic as safe too much and you you will be unable to ko, safe to little and you will be ko'd.Which just a dds to hand and no veng safing becomes a issue. while people can hit 60s its very unlikely to get a ko.

In short, safing is a tactic if you have the hp to do high hp kos or to make you you don't die. Its noobish when the people end up eating so fast they run without any chance of KO for the oponent.

My IQ is 146 - Free-IQTest.net - IQ Test

darthnixon16.png

Absolutley it is a tactic and one of my favorites, i have stood outside the west fally bank for a half an hour with 3 items on and food/antipoisons, i occasionally bank but i have been able to stand there for a grand total of half an hour and not die once because of food, antipoisons, and prayer.

If all those modes of fightin exist why would jagex not want us to use them while fighting each other???

Just a second ago I killed some one who was complaining i was safeing. While i still had a good 40 hp left he insisted on staying ar 22 hp i guess and i whipped out my Rune 2h and layed a 22 on him. He lost Rune full helm legs and Pl8 + a rune kite G which i got ^_^

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

I thought "safeing" was waiting around(usually while holding/wearing an enticing item) for someone to attack you, so as not to acquire a skull and lose said enticing object, while pwning the now skulled idiot who decided to attack you who's praying chivalry while on a super set ripping into them with a flurry of dds specials :twisted:

Of course since i consider the majority of people running around calling people noobs for not dying, or for eating, or praying a bunch of half-wits who can't even deal with a simple pvp system like runescape's.

lord_ducky15.png

Its very different from P2P to F2P

Safing on f2p is usualy done by noobs who can't get kills, and they just try to attack people. They don't want to loose 10k, and itst heir only way to annoy people. On f2p, its HARD to k0. People eating at even 30 HP is probably not necesary.

On P2P is much different. Take Venge, DDS, AGS, and the new swords. Easily 50+ damage in one hit. Even that, its common to see people in the 30-40 hp range on members.

In any case, the members are adults who don't mind dying, and have other funds. I once met a PKer which I respect alot. I had a DM with him. This was WAY back. No summoning, no BS, old wildy. At some points he was redbarred, but risking hits. Hell, I think my recoil forced him to eat. In any case, I will NEVER fight with a safer. They remain noobs forever

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I find it pathetic people are in doubt that using prayer or eating food, in essense staying alive, is a questionable act. You damn stay alive to win, use anything you can that is given to you. I can't believe how its difficult to some of you. :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I find it pathetic people are in doubt that using prayer or eating food, in essense staying alive, is a questionable act. You damn stay alive to win, use anything you can that is given to you. I can't believe how its difficult to some of you. :roll:

Not dying doesn't mean you win. It means you lose because you are out an inventory of food, and never had a chance to kill your opponent in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, if I go through a couple inventories of food without a kill it's a loss.

At least in f2p, safing is done by people who can't pk, and won't ever be able to until they can learn to take risks.

Safing is not a tactic. Saying "safer" is a tactic.

There is no such thing as safing (At least not in P2P), there's AGS, darkbow, dragon bolts, ice blitz, vengence et cetera. People can easily die with over 80 HP. By saying "safer", people intend to hurt their opponent, and try to make them stop eating, so they will be easier to kill. Nothing more to it.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

Oegly41 has it right. The same could be said for people who scream, 'pray noobs!!!' because they don't want you to use something you have an advantage on. (Being f2p, if someone prays on me I just do the 2h/range tactic, or 2h/fireblast. Time it right and it works, because they'll usually be too busy clicking on prayer protects instead of food.)

Its like watching a horror film. Its exhilarating. You WANT to be scared. If you are watching it for no reason other than annoy the person infront of you, then its not for you.

Anyways, if you overly safe, you won't get fights anyways.

You're forgetting a certain kind of player found in all sorts of games. Griefers.

At least in f2p, safing is done by people who can't pk, and won't ever be able to until they can learn to take risks.

I disagree. I safe on my low-level mage, risking rc guild robes and assorted runes, and I still manage to get somewhat good drops ranging from mith to addy weapons and armor. (And the eternal slices of cake. My current goal is to accidentally a whole cake!) I also make use of terrain, i.e. fences. Tactics are tactics, and unless you agree to a set of rules before a fight, anything goes.

On f2p, its HARD to k0. People eating at even 30 HP is probably not necesary.

This is partially true. In a fight between high levels, you'll see plenty of zeroes. For high level pking, members is best.

If you can't K.O. someone because you happened to hit your max right at the start and scared them into eating, thus making it a battle of attrition, well that's your own darn fault. :lol:

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I disagree. I safe on my low-level mage, risking rc guild robes and assorted runes, and I still manage to get somewhat good drops ranging from mith to addy weapons and armor. (And the eternal slices of cake. My current goal is to accidentally a whole cake!) I also make use of terrain, i.e. fences. Tactics are tactics, and unless you agree to a set of rules before a fight, anything goes.

That doesn't make you a good pker necessarily. No offense, but getting kills on a low level mage is like picking up sand off a beach. Easy to do, but you don't get anything worthwhile from it. I'm willing to bet that the money and time you spend on runes and food, is much much higher than what you get in drops.

Try the 50-70+ combat range if you want to know f2p pking.

• 5 weeks later...
safers r noobs who cant pk, dont want to learn how to pk, and are scared of losing a few items

safers just safe to annoy other people...talk about [developmentally delayed]...wasting supplies to annoy people LOL :shame:

I safe on my lvl 70 ranger on p2p, every one who calls me a safer dies, i have pked millions.

safers r noobs who cant pk, dont want to learn how to pk, and are scared of losing a few items

safers just safe to annoy other people...talk about [developmentally delayed]...wasting supplies to annoy people LOL :shame:

Those "resources" we save if we know we wont win, to keep for another fight, another day. theres nothing "n00bish" about using your brain. its the same as a street right, Raw Brawl isnt going to win if you opponent Can Dodge your fists with ease.

You Wanna Live? You eat food.

Wanna take less hits? Wear high defensive Armor.

Wanna Kill them? Use Strong Weaponry

Want to Return another Day and fishing off the fight? Walk/Run away.

its like Saying: "Be a Man! Fight the KBD Without a AntiDragon Shield! OMG n00b! Your not being Burnt! Stop using that Shield!" :lol:

Popoto.~<3