Your Browser?

ilya

What browser do you use? Firefox because you're awesome, Opera because you wanna be secure or may be even Internet Explorer if you're a noob :lol:

You might be using a few browsers but choose which one you think is the best, so I could count your vote.

Personally I use Google Chrome, as I find it faster then any other browse, its simple but very ice layout and just much handier then any other one I tried.

Google Chrome - 2.5

Mozilla Firefox - 1.5

Internet Eplorer -

Opera - 1

Safari -

Any other that I forgot atm?

Chrome, I like it because it leaves a lot of room for the page and seems faster than FireFox, Opera, Safari, or IE8.

I'm moving into Minefield for Runescape, because it runs Javascript faster than FireFox, and Chrome is lacking when it comes to Java.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Opera, just the best browser in the world.

Speak-controlled stuff, fast, secure, awsome themes, loads Runescape extremly fast (for me) and I just don't lag :thumbsup: =D>

Chrome could be good, but I don't like betas :ugeek:

ib7rVm.png

Opera, just the best browser in the world.

Speak-controlled stuff, fast, secure, awsome themes, loads Runescape extremly fast (for me) and I just don't lag :thumbsup: =D>

Chrome could be good, but I don't like betas :ugeek:

Remove chrome from the quote, and you have the browser I use the most, and mainly for the same reasons. I also use Firefox often though.

Chrome, I like it because it leaves a lot of room for the page and seems faster than FireFox, Opera, Safari, or IE8.

I'm moving into Minefield for Runescape, because it runs Javascript faster than FireFox, and Chrome is lacking when it comes to Java.

At the risk of sounding like a idiot could u give me the link to the chrome browser

Kingmickez25.png

At the risk of sounding like a idiot could u give me the link to the chrome browser

http://www.google.com/chrome

I'm using Firefox beta nightly tester edition (3.1b2pre), which is called Minefield. It is very stable. I have the version check off so all my extensions work too.

It's way faster than the current version of Firefox. It scores a 92 on Acid3 as of a few minutes ago (tested by me).

goldenblade995.png

I'm using Firefox beta nightly tester edition (3.1b2pre), which is called Minefield. It is very stable. I have the version check off so all my extensions work too.

It's way faster than the current version of Firefox. It scores a 92 on Acid3 as of a few minutes ago (tested by me).

Same here. It's freakishly fast :P

Opera/Konqueror are my second choices, though.

Why would you need a browser to run Javascript at all to play runescape?

Personally I use the current version of Firefox with several adddons.

A lot of people get Java and Javascript confused.

goldenblade995.png

Opera.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

A lot of people get Java and Javascript confused.

What is the difference, if you don't mind me asking? :oops:

And when I'm logging into the forums or something on RS the Java login does not work when I'm on Firefox, but does when I'm using Minefield, just gets kind of annoying.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I'd like to know a link to download that minefield, whatever link I click on google tells me "contgratulations on downloading minefield" while I didn't download it -.-

I'd like to know a link to download that minefield, whatever link I click on google tells me "contgratulations on downloading minefield" while I didn't download it -.-

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

Don't expect anything relatively new, it's essentially the same as Firefox, as far as looks. You really need a 64-bit OS to see the real benefits, but I'm using is on 32-bit fine. Also, a lot of your Firefox add ons don't work with Minefield, which is a downside.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Java is for applications, like Open Office. It is compiled with a java compiler, and can run on any OS that has Java ported to it.

JavaScript is run through a browser, and is compiled "on-the-fly." A JavaScript applet (like an intro, banner ad, XSS attack, etc.) is run through the browser, not the OS, and isn't used for desktop applications. So, it can't run stand-alone, it needs the browser, but Java programs don't.

Although, syntactically, the two are very similar, and knowing Java will make learning JS very easy, as there isn't really anything new to learn, just a few syntax differences (or at least, I haven't had much of a problem with the two, but I don't know a lot of either).

That's just what I know aout it, I could be wrong. I did a quick google search and found this article. It looks like a good read, gonna go read it in a few minutes when I'm done here.

For extensions to work in minefield do this.

Type about:config into your address bar> click i'll be careful> search for "extensions.checkCompatibility"> set it to false> Restart Firefox.

I couldn't find this anywhere...Even tried sorting by value and didn't see it. May just be because I was opening up 3.0.3 not 3.1b1, as explained below.

As for the topic...

Right now I'm using FireFox 3.0.3. I tried using 3.1b1, but for some reason it opens up 3.0.3, so I'll have to try and figure that out...I was thinking about trying Chrome, but I'll wait for it to be a bit more stable, and maybe get some extensions, before I go playing around in there.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Java is for applications, like Open Office. It is compiled with a java compiler, and can run on any OS that has Java ported to it.

JavaScript is run through a browser, and is compiled "on-the-fly." A JavaScript applet (like an intro, banner ad, XSS attack, etc.) is run through the browser, not the OS, and isn't used for desktop applications. So, it can't run stand-alone, it needs the browser, but Java programs don't.

Although, syntactically, the two are very similar, and knowing Java will make learning JS very easy, as there isn't really anything new to learn, just a few syntax differences (or at least, I haven't had much of a problem with the two, but I don't know a lot of either).

That's just what I know aout it, I could be wrong. I did a quick google search and found this article. It looks like a good read, gonna go read it in a few minutes when I'm done here.

So having a fast Java Script engine won't do anything for something using Java in a browser?

hopesolopatriot.jpg