Ranging in PVP using the wilderness ditch

extremefish

I was pking earlier and i came across this guy who had 99 range. He started attacking me with diamond bolts

and then ran to the wildy. He then jumped over the ditch and attacked me again.

Then when i jumped to go melee attack him he jumped back and attacked me AGAIN!

He kept on doing this for awhile and really agrovated me so i left. :evil:

Has this ever happened to u?

Do u think Jagex should sort this out?

Discuss.

~extremefish~

Extremefish.png

My blog

Maxed CMB, 99 summoning/construction

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't used PvP worlds (Not really into player killing) but anyway... I think this needs to be fixed its just a unfair, stupid advantage...

The only thing you can do is run for your life. :/

Maybe mention this in the Rants RSOF so Jagex can notice it easier. ::'

And to Soma. 99 RANGE = YOU'LL FAIL. Read.

I haven't used PvP worlds (Not really into player killing) but anyway... I think this needs to be fixed its just a unfair, stupid advantage...

The only thing you can do is run for your life. :/

Maybe mention this in the Rants RSOF so Jagex can notice it easier. ::'

And to Soma. 99 RANGE = YOU'LL FAIL. Read.

Okay fine, I'll add something.

1. Get 99 Range.

2. Pull out a bow.

3. Shoot them back.

4. ???

5. PROFIT!

Is that better? >_>

Not to mention, after 90 range, your max hit doesn't increase a whole lot. Accuracy does, but it's not enough to make a big difference if you're both in range gear. If he's in melee gear, well, switch bow to ancient staff and switch shoot to ice barrage.

1. Get 99 Range.

2. Pull out a bow.

3. Shoot them back.

4. ???

5. PROFIT!

yeh ok i can but i dont like ranging

Also what happens if people dont want to range or dont have the range level

it gets really annoying trust me especially afterwards when they call u a noob! it soooo annoying

Extremefish.png

My blog

You're completely maxed combat.

I'm sure you can find a way to destroy the guy shooting needles at you from across the ditch.

/facepalm

as i sed i dont want to range and this has happened to me thousands of times in a short space of time.

i cant find a way other that barrage (but they wear dhide so very hard) or just range

Extremefish.png

My blog

its not like this tactic doesn't exists all over place in rs anyway

in pvp just treat ppl as u treat monsters but remember they can do whatever you can, so you gotta play smart. Eg don't try to melee a mage or rnager hus using an agility obstacle to keep u at bay.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You're completely maxed combat.

I'm sure you can find a way to destroy the guy shooting needles at you from across the ditch.

/facepalm

as i sed i dont want to range and this has happened to me thousands of times in a short space of time.

i cant find a way other that barrage (but they wear dhide so very hard) or just range

Wait, so you think the ditch is a problem because YOU don't want to range? Why in the hell did you get 99 Range?

Why aren't you using a Steel Titan at the very least? Come on man, you're not even trying, but you're complaining?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

-.- OMG

what im saying is this may be a cause to other people that dont have the freakin range level or cant range for some reason

and i cant use steel titan there! its not multi-combat!

anywhere else i go like fally or lumby is full of low levels which i cant kill so i have to

go to edge.

Extremefish.png

My blog

You guys are completely missing the point of this thread.... you SHOULDN'T be able to range over the ditch. Period. No matter what. Its an exploit. You think Jagex wants people to be able to hop over a ditch over and over again to avoid you while they range? Its not like this is some ordinary safe spot. Also, he shouldn't have to range if he doesn't want to.

So to all of you who say "OMG jsut r4ng3 bak!!!!E@1131" I say

facepalm.jpeg

Psycho, you're an idiot if you truly think a ditch stops you from ranging. Jagex should not be wasting time finding a way to implement different maps on different servers so that the ditch disappears on PvP worlds. That can result in all kinds of nasty issues.

It also makes absolutely no sense for a ditch to block arrows.

And realize that the whole damn world is open for PvP combat. If you want to fight without ranged or magical attacks, then choose a spot that doesn't have a glaringly obvious obstruction to melee attacks. -.-

You guys are completely missing the point of this thread.... you SHOULDN'T be able to range over the ditch. Period. No matter what. Its an exploit. You think Jagex wants people to be able to hop over a ditch over and over again to avoid you while they range? Its not like this is some ordinary safe spot. Also, he shouldn't have to range if he doesn't want to.

So to all of you who say "OMG jsut r4ng3 bak!!!!E@1131" I say

facepalm.jpeg

I don't want to go through the Fight Caves to get my fire cape, so can I just go straight to Jad please? kthx.

See what I did there?

The "I don't want to range so I shouldn't have to" argument is completely idiotic. Exploiting the ditch is SMART, but not game breaking. It's easily countered by OMGWTF RANGIG THM BAACKCK !!!!11!

You PK in Edge to find people your own level? Again, you're maxed combat. You can EASILY find opponents in deep wilderness.

Again, you have absolutely nothing to complain about. If you lack the range levels to fight near the ditch, DON'T GO NEAR THE DITCH! You can apply the same concept to just about ANYTHING in Runescape.

Why the hell do we have levels again?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

1. Get 99 Range.

2. Pull out a bow.

3. Shoot them back.

4. ???

5. PROFIT!

yeh ok i can but i dont like ranging

Also what happens if people dont want to range or dont have the range level

it gets really annoying trust me especially afterwards when they call u a noob! it soooo annoying

okay, so after all this irrelevant talk, it comes down to this, no one really answered your question. That was expected i think. Then you gave some story that wasnt worth reading.

fact is, your not being an opportunistic player, they are.

If you take out the ditch ability, you might as well stop ALL safespots.

Fences, cowpens, and many more things are ALL rangeable over, and you still have to use a special method to negate them, like a gate or running around, so, its all the same thing.

Quit whining, and Pkay.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

yeah cause of course in the real world you can't range over a ditch it gets in the way of your airborne missles.

I mean why bother with guns in iraq just dig a big ditch around our bases and then ppl attacking won't be able to shoot us.

Sure rs has magic etc but it does follow some basic laws of reality.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Do you guys not realize the ditch was put in to stop people from luring?

It doesnt serve that purpose anymore so why even keep it there?

A) Because you can still lure people. In some parts of RS, one side of the ditch has a higher attack range than the other.

B) Because you can still lure people to a painful death against Revenants.

C) Because Jagex wants some sort of "border point" for the wilderness. It makes more sense to keep the ditch, than add "The Great Wall of Gielinor" complete with doors every 5 steps.

because the wildy is a hot zone and the widly has revs on none pvp worlds and alot of the wildy is multi.

All of which happen to be things that can be sued to shock horror LURE

Plv6Dz6.jpg