Fallout 3

Necromagus

Man Lincoln's Repeater rocks. <3

Having fun playing an incredibly evil character, just finished bringing all the Lincoln memorabilia to the guy at the Memorial to be destroyed, and then led them to the Temple for the slaves. :D

EDIT - And sweet Jesus, what in the name of god is with Old Olney? D:

I checked it out after it got mentioned by the Slavers and it's crawling with like a bazillion Deathclaws. /shudder

And then I found Oasis from some crazy guy in a church and burnt Harold alive.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't start using the Alien Weapons if you haven't sarted using them. The fact is the limited quantity of Alien Power Cells can and should only be used in dire situations, in this case going into an alien ship and facing down their machinery. So, save the ammo. Anyway, the Firelance is the unique variant, and sets thing on fire--like lenin said--and the alien blaster is the alien blaster. The pyromaniac perk, also with better criticals and other perks which could increase critical chance and other things, the thing can do oots of damage. Again, though, don't use it unless dire need--scarce ammo and the fact that the weapon(s) degrade so quickly is the main reason.

I save the alien power cells for only the Feral ghoul reavers.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Yeah, I do see the consequences. But that information is good to know. And I really need to get Pyromaniac, which I'll get next level-up because of my increased Big Guns skill.

Scratch that. I meant the proper Explosives skill for the perk. It doesn't matter anymore though, I already got Pyromaniac.

Oh, and new screenshots for Mothership Zeta came out recently. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mothership_Zeta_(add-on)

Yeah, I saw those and studied them yesterday. Samurai armor, Gemeni Space armor, new alien weapons...it looks amazing! Can't wait!

I'm kinda glad I have PC because of mods. Using IronicEchoes battery charger mod, I converted Thousands of Microfusion cells, EC packs and Energy cells to about 800 Alien Power cells. The mod is pretty well balanced, I have no energy cells left, 1000 EC packs left, and 500 microfusion cells. But now I am unstoppable. :D Or at least when I am sneaking. So plenty of alien power cells=domination at the hands of a modded weapon, the Sarah Jane energy rifle.

But anyway, now that I have about 980 alien power cells at the ready, and I'll probably charge quite a few before the release date before Mothership Zeta, so I estimate I'll have 1100 alien power cells while on board. And, provided we don't get anything snatched from us while captive, I'll have everything I need to succeed. And at this point, I think I'll be getting items snatched. :(

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Should I buy the other ones before I buy Fallout 3, or is Fallout 3 a standalone story?

Standalone story, in fact standalone everything. Fallout 3 uses the Gamebryo engine and isn't in an isometric view like the other two. Also, the other two take place in California.

Should I buy the other ones before I buy Fallout 3, or is Fallout 3 a standalone story?

You don't need to, but they're definitely worth playing. Especially if you like going into a game with the COMPLETE background of it. But most of it is explained in Fallout 3 anyway. I played 3 before the first one and I got it.

I picked up a 3-pack of Fallout 1+2 and Tactics for $20 at Best Buy recently. Pretty fun stuff. If you're interested then you could look into that.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

You don't need to, but they're definitely worth playing. Especially if you like going into a game with the COMPLETE background of it. But most of it is explained in Fallout 3 anyway. I played 3 before the first one and I got it.

I picked up a 3-pack of Fallout 1+2 and Tactics for $20 at Best Buy recently. Pretty fun stuff. If you're interested then you could look into that.

Yeah, I saw that pack at Walmart, but I might look into the first couple Fallouts before jumping into the third.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

They're (almost) entirely different games. The first two are still fantastic, though, despite how different they are. Like Bioshock. It's a great game. System Shock? Tony would come up with a catch phrase for it.

I'm hoping to actually buy Fallout soon. I could have yesterday, but I got two records instead. I also got Oblivion recently, so I didn't want my head to explode from the fun (and similarity) of both games.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

They're (almost) entirely different games. The first two are still fantastic, though, despite how different they are. Like Bioshock. It's a great game. System Shock? Tony would come up with a catch phrase for it.

I'm hoping to actually buy Fallout soon. I could have yesterday, but I got two records instead. I also got Oblivion recently, so I didn't want my head to explode from the fun (and similarity) of both games.

That wouldn't be good. But yeah, to sum up the gameplay of Fallout3, I guess I would say "Oblivion with guns". WOOOT

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I downloaded some mods lately, starting to get into them. The two I've downloaded are the deagle mod and cybernetic dawn (latter is awesome, especially the loot you get for killing the terminators). If anyone could recommend a list of solid mods (especially quest mods) it'd be appreciated.

jjroxlu7.jpg

So after 15 levels and a tons of side-quests and explorations, I've finally really started the Main quest. Tranquility Lane was one of the most frightening video game experiences I have ever had.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Spyro games were one of my favs, but personally I reckon they are ruining the entire series. Basically replacing everything that made the spyro games what they really are. Giving him the ability to fly, use everlasting breath, etc. just ruined the games for me. I only play the ones on ps1 now :P

Also, how can they say that crash bandicoot should be stopped? Are they serious? Those games will rule for eternity. They have stayed true to the main idea that put in place from the start, and have barely strayed. Those games just rule :)

disturbeda.png

Spyro games were one of my favs, but personally I reckon they are ruining the entire series. Basically replacing everything that made the spyro games what they really are. Giving him the ability to fly, use everlasting breath, etc. just ruined the games for me. I only play the ones on ps1 now :P

Also, how can they say that crash bandicoot should be stopped? Are they serious? Those games will rule for eternity. They have stayed true to the main idea that put in place from the start, and have barely strayed. Those games just rule :)

Do you even listen to yourself when you speak? Or consider where it is you're speaking? Wrong thread.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Do you even listen to yourself when you speak? Or consider where it is you're speaking? Wrong thread.

I like how you asked him if he's even listening to himself speak, considering thats what his avatar says with Doctor Cox.

So Tranquility Lane was effed up for you, huh? This game has plenty of odds and ends which scare you mentally. Wait until you reach Raven Rock (provided you haven't figured anything out yet... :anxious: ).

downloaded some mods lately, starting to get into them. The two I've downloaded are the deagle mod and cybernetic dawn (latter is awesome, especially the loot you get for killing the terminators). If anyone could recommend a list of solid mods (especially quest mods) it'd be appreciated.

I could recommend a crap load of mods to you, considering that I test and play around with a diverse set of 200+ mods in my load order.

Cybernetic Dawn is amazing though, isn't it? :P

I would recommend this mod list har;

FOOK: You probably won't want to download, as its an overhaul kit, and overhaul kits aren't for anyone (but the FallOut Overhaul Kit is still amazing). This mod adds tons and tons of new weapons, armor, etc, etc, and makes the game a tad harder for a better feel. M249 SAW anyone? No? M60 then?

Echo's Battery Charger: Lets you take your hard earned Microfusion, EC, or energy cells and convert them to each other, or create fission batteries, which can be used for your crafting OR convert the fission batteries into the rare Alien Power Cell. Ain't life grand?

Unique Weapons With Unique Textures (UWWUT): every unique weapon in the game (i.e., the Terrible Shotgun, the Black Hawk) will recieve a unique texture as opposed to the same texture of the original item. Drag0ntamer did an excellent job with these, and also his mod, TUPAM (The Ultimate Power Armor Mod), which makes power armor feel like they should: powerful.

J3xified Driveable Motorcycle: Says all, literally.

GNR: More Where That Came From: Three Dog now plays 100+ songs, so you don't listen to the same 20 over and over again. Also get the GNR radio fix, so Three Dog will continue to talk about you after level 20 (glitch created by a patch).

Tailor Maid: Lets you put on shoulder pads, back packs, new armor, etc to customize the look of your character. One of the best mods out there I believe.

RTS (The Real Time Settler): Build your own city and defend and interact with other cities. The area to build can only go to 3000 or so units, but there is a mod on the RTS dl page which can make it 20,000 units.

Repair Rethought Reborn: The original Repair Rethought died cuz the author left, so this guy continued. It makes Repairing more logical in the sense that you can repair mostly any weapon with tools and scrap metal and other things.

PERK PACKS: Search "Perk" in the search box in Fallout3nexus, and pick the perk packs you want. I recommend Vault Dwellers Survival Perk Pack, Classic Perks and More Perks. All are excellent.

JaySus Commonwealth of Modders: I love this mod. You find a boat near rivet city, repair it, and it takes you to a trading caravansery complete with quests and backstories plus toughness. Its amazing, a lot of work was put into it--not to mention, if you just search jaysus in the search bar at the nexus, he has addons he makes himself--ie, new guns that the caravans will sell, or wolverine claws and more.

GTS - Iceland: Go the the files of the month, I believe its Junes file of the month. Excellent mod, lets you travel to iceland. Like a free DLC.

Like above, GTS (The Global Travel System): This adds land to the empty cells bethesda left behind, like going to Africa and stuff, although going to those places is desolate and empty. Still fun to have, though.

Fellout: This is a weather overhaul. Theres a lot to it, so its best if you check it out yourself.

Project Valhalla: Awesome quest mod, where these viking like people from england travel to post-apocolyptic DC for old technology. Nice quests, weapons, armor, etc. Overall fun.

The A Note Easily Missed Series: Three quest mods so far. This guy does excellent work with puzzles--really makes you rack your brains sometimes. Basically, these puzzles are fun like Zelda--but hard too. The quests are a Note Easily Missed, An Evening With Mister Manchester, and To Sleep--Perchance a Dream.

Vault Tech Experimental Dimensional Safe: Hold infinite amounts of items. Nuff said. Provided you can find it.

Coyote Neural Assistance Power Armor: Run like forest gump. Fast. woot. This mod makes you run super fast--it has low DR, but it makes your evasion abilities astounding. My possible favorite armor mod. evar.

Weapon Mod Kits: This mod is win. You must get it. Now. Basically, you can mod weapons like the Chinese assault rifle to have a scope, auto fire mechanism (if it isn't already a machine gun), laser sight, extended clip/magazine, and a silencer. Its awesome.

Marts Mutant Mod: Basically, give the game diversity, give every creature their own custom skins (including raiders and mole rats and others), and give them intelligence. Intelligence as in they won't see you as the most threatening thing ever, and defeat the bigger threat before killing you (i.e, dogs will see a super mutant more threatening than you, and super mutants will see the brotherhood more threatening). Also, creatures will evade you if they see you as a threat, or try to run away if you're kicking their ars into next century. Happens to me all the time with radscorpions, lol. Martigen also has addons, like increased spawns and increased increased spawns, which is easy to guess what it does--more creatures to fight at once.

The Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch: Various fixes and stuff. I'd recommend this.

SP Destruction: Makes the environment destructible, along with Destructible Building Materials 3000 beta by skykappa, both excellent mods.

CRAFT: This will help you make custom weapons, in fact its needed for most custom schematic mods.

CALIBR (The Community Ammunition LIBRary): Gives the game a diverse set of bullets, so you don't use the same damn bullet for every sniper rifle or pistol, lol.

Fort Freeway: great quest/house mod.

Megaton House Overhaul: Provided you didn't blow up megaton, this overhaul is amazing. The update is coming soon, where they have a working TV for the house. That is going to be amazing.

Max Level Workaround: The broken steel addition lets you continue leveling up even past 30. Great with perk addon mods.

Darnified UI: Perhaps the most important mod ever. Makes the UI more PC instead of console, and also allows you to add a sidebar which displays your encumbrance level, Rad Resistance, when you're going to level up, the game time, etc. Unfortunately, DarN didn't put it up on the nexus because its in alpha/beta stages, so get it at Bethsoft.com/bgsforums, and scan around for a bit.

SVD Dragnov: Sorry, I spelled that wrong, but its late in Massachusettes. But this adds the amazing sniper rifle to the game. Theres to popular ones, but I prefer Zealottes. But thats up to you to decide.

Classic 14mm pistol: Classic weapon from the old fallouts. Nuff said.

Alright, thats all I'm offering; its a bit late, I'll recommend a ton more tomorrow. Hope you have fun with any of the mods I recommended though. Gonna go hit the sack, its about 1:00 here.

• 2 weeks later...

I sorta figured you would have posted about MZ, rush. :P

I WANT the Gemini Spacesuit. Now. I. Want. The Drone Cannon.

The Samurai armor is OK, but I could care less about that and the Cowboy with a new gun. But I'm getting it at 5 AM, when it comes out. Sleep until 5, DL and play.

Oh god, it's too terrible for words! The katana has apparently been cut from the final edition of the add-on! No katana!!! :cry:

In other news, apparently my brother downloaded it! I'll be playing it soon. I can't wait! :)

Honestly, it sucks.

The storyline was full of holes, why did the aliens abduct you? Why were the abducting people?

Then, they wouldn't let you explore the ship upon beating it.

The concept was excellent. Execution was mediocre compared to point lookout, its not as open ended as they say (again, they close off most of the ship after beating it, ergo if you missed any captive tapes or unique weapons, you can't get them), the aliens were annoying as hell (but enjoyable), and you culdn't understand the aliens--thats kinda understandable, except the fact that '50's aliens were also depicted to be multi lingual. If they were so advanced, they should have been imo. But thats ok.

I did enjoy the DLC, however, and I would have given it a 4/5 had I been able to explore and decorate the entirety of the ship, then it would be a true house mod and would have been better. The redeeming qualities of this DLC were the armors, spacesuit, and weapons, plus I suppose the expoxy for some people who don't/can't use repair mods, and the katana, which was NOT cut out (you must be mistaken--I have the katana from the samurai). The spacesuit was a letdown, as it had 1 DR and no abilities, and 10,000,000 HP.

All in all, 2/5, until Beth reopens the ship via a patch, or someone reopens it with a mod. Until then, it's my least favorite.

[cabbage], the producers clearly stated that I'd be able to go back to the ship after beating the DLC. I assumed that meant the entire ship. Maybe it's just a minor glitch or problem that needs to be settled? I seem to remember that being a theme with other Fallout 3 DLC's when they first get released. :?

So it's al hype, huh? Not that good of an experience? I started playing it, and so far I'm having fun. I thought that the story would be revealed to me after some playing, but apparently you say otherwise. Anyway, the Fallout wiki said the katana was cut out, but I'll search some more for it. I'd really not like to search the ship up and down on my current playthrough for those tapes, and I want the achievement, so if they don't let me back in then I'd have to agree with you in terms of disappointment towards the DLC.

Thanks for the information, and for now I'll play through it myself and post my thoughts later.

Thats my bad--I mistook the Samurai Sword with the Katana. But they are basically the exact same thing, just with a different name, so I'm sure you'll be fine--just kill the samurai, no one will be mad at you for it, and you won't lose karma. Or you can reverse pickpocket.

You can go back to the ship. You can go all the way back to the jail cells, the linear path from the jails to the engine room, and the doors that lead to the robot assembly line and stuff. But the catch is you can't go through the doors within the engine room--the basic core adventure of the ship--the doors become marked is inaccessible and refuse to let you through, even if you go into the console, click the door and type unlock. Its not a bug, unfortunately--its intentional. God knows why.

Luckily, I've been fooling around in the GECK for a fix. I've found a couple of stupid scripts that bar people out, so I might have a fix that will allow exploration in the ship--but even then it might be a tad buggy, considering I'll have to do cleanup for every part of the ship. Now I can't remember if you're PC or 360, but if you're PC you might be in luck, cuz us modders are trying to fix that, like I said. If you're 360, then I think enough protests against barring you out will make Bethesda create a patch in the future. I'm confident Bethesda will listen, THEY will, but Microsoft is a different story.

But anyway, like I said, I enjoyed it, in fact it would be my first choice of DLC--if the ship could be explored, and then if someone created mods that increase the size of the ship, plus allow you to build it. Like Oblivions Kvatch rebuilt, only you aren't cleaning destruction...Rather, making your own place. Plus, people would probably be able to add more spacewalks, in which case...*sigh*, wouldn't actually be a bad idea to discuss with my modding team. Our towers will be built by christmas for more enjoyment in gaming, perhaps we can mod a cool thing like that until we get those, then we can create something stronger...

I guess the only thing to do is wait for your post and discuss. :)