Fallout 3

Necromagus

There's about the dozen mods that let you buy the tenpenny tower house if you decide to not blow up megaton. Only for pc, of course, but it's nice if you're being good, but still want a nice apartment.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend starting all the quests in Megaton BEFORE detonating it though.

Atleast start the survival guide and Blood Ties.

Dude, there's more? Only other one I know is fixing those water pipes.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Umm does changing your XBL mean that you lose your saves on the PC version? I recently changed mine and I have the PC version of FO3 and I can't continue an old save, the only option is a new file. Is there any way to fix this? I was level 25...

I was really disappointed with how short the main quest for The Pitt was. I suppose I'll eventually go back there to earn all the unique equipment, but the main quest itself was over in the blink of an eye. The actual choice you had to make at the end was an interesting one, and so was the back story (and the hint at future content set in Canada :P), but it was really thin on actual content.

Wow, Point Lookout really kicks your [wagon] if you're not prepared. Those Tribals are so damn tough. All in all, it's a pretty cool DLC, and I'm glad that I can go back to the Wasteland any time I want, provided I pay caps to get back.

Wow, Point Lookout really kicks your [wagon] if you're not prepared. Those Tribals are so damn tough. All in all, it's a pretty cool DLC, and I'm glad that I can go back to the Wasteland any time I want, provided I pay caps to get back.

No crap, I hate those damned tribals. Yeah, still haven't lost interest in this game--Point Lookout was amazing for me, now I actually want to go to the real world Point Lookout and compare it, lol.

But I'm looking forward to Mothership Zeta the most. :thumbsup:

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Holy crap, Mothership Zeta looks amazing. I haven't seen a single image relating to the DLC, but man does it look promising. Totally different textures and a completely new environment, aliens, new alien weapons, and finally that crash site isn't a total enigma. I can't wait!

Oh, quick question. If I download Broken Steel now, can I immediately get the increased level cap, and then start the DLC when I decide to finish the main questline?

Holy crap, Mothership Zeta looks amazing. I haven't seen a single image relating to the DLC, but man does it look promising. Totally different textures and a completely new environment, aliens, new alien weapons, and finally that crash site isn't a total enigma. I can't wait!

Oh, quick question. If I download Broken Steel now, can I immediately get the increased level cap, and then start the DLC when I decide to finish the main questline?

What's that? A new DLC coming out or something?

Speaking of DLC's, which ones are the best? :ugeek:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

To Rushrock: Yup, the level cap will be increased when Broken Steel loads, and there will be a notification when this happens. After which you can load Broken Steel during Take it Back! whenever you feel ready. This DLC is pretty buggy, so if you have a bug I might know the solution (having to deal with nearly every Broken Steel bug in existence, but if you're going to DL a newer one they might've fixed it).

@Skully: Mothership Zeta is the fifth DLC by Bethesda, who will probably make more even though they say they won't, which is a completely futuristic-50's environment with aliens, new alien weapons, etc. Not even a single new mesh or texture was used from the original game, these are completely new. Which is amazing. I think it will be the best DLC because of the new weapons, and if the aliens are using these weapons then they will be hard to kill. But at least we'll get pounds of alien power cells through this (I hope), or some sort of reward to create them or convert alien weapons to another ammo. =P~

The best DLC are Point Lookout and Broken Steel imo. The other two, Operation Anchorage and The Pitt, although fun were linear and lacked substance. Broken Steel was linear too, but it at least had some sort of substance. Point Lookout is like a mini wasteland in Point Lookout, Maryland, and has a redneck-horror vibe, which was damn fun.

The Pitt is incredibly short, unless you insist on collecting all the extra equipment. Operation Anchorage is linear, but it's pretty fun to play through at least once, for the historical perspective on the war in Alaska (even if the game hints at the fact that it's not exactly accurate). It also offers a great new energy weapon (the Gauss Rifle).

The Guass rifle is great, but overuse causes it to degrade eventually, and now the damage is down. I don't think it can be repaired with other weapons, which sucks.

Also, if I get Broken Steel, can I exit/re-enter the Broken Steel area anytime I want?

If you invest in one of the trading caravans, they'll be able to repair your gear up to 85%.

The Guass rifle is great, but overuse causes it to degrade eventually, and now the damage is down. I don't think it can be repaired with other weapons, which sucks.

Also, if I get Broken Steel, can I exit/re-enter the Broken Steel area anytime I want?

Broken Steel doesn't really have any separate areas from the Capital Wasteland, it just adds stuff to it with the exception of Adams AFB. But that segment/battle is short enough that you can just play it then fly out of there. I still think you can exit via the way you came, but there really isn't a reason to.

I personally think the Point Lookout and Broken Steel are the two best. Point Lookout adds a large new area, and Broken Steel extends level cap & finishes up story (or does it :o ). They are both worth the money imo.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Regarding the level cap, as far as I can tell, after downloading the DLC the extra content will load whenever you start the game, and the first time after that you should get a message about the level cap being raised a few minutes in.

I have a bit of a dilemma: I'm about to let the Ghouls into Tenpenny Tower, because [bleep] Tenpenny and his extravagant lifestyle, but I know the ghouls are going to kill everyone, but I also need to kill Tenpenny for that one other quest. Should I just wait until I get that quest, then kill Tenpenny? Or can I still do that quest if he's dead?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I think you can kill him, and you can take his key if you haven't started the quest, I think.

Check the Vault.

Ah, and not only that one, there's the "Strictly Business" to start. So I need to find Paradise Falls and Underworld first. Cool.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I think you can kill him, and you can take his key if you haven't started the quest, I think.

Check the Vault.

Ah, and not only that one, there's the "Strictly Business" to start. So I need to find Paradise Falls and Underworld first. Cool.

If the target is already dead for Strictly Business, it won't cause the quest to fail, so you can let the ghouls in.

Air_Dragon15.png

The game should consider all potential slaves as 'vital' NPCs, meaning they'll simply go unconscious for a short amount of time if they take lethal damage.

So, I've been thinking, and I've realized that I should really start using my alien weapons due to Mothership Zeta's release coming up soon. In all honesty, which is better, the Alien Blaster or Firelance? I have both, and I need to know which one causes more damage. I can't really tell. I haven't used either one yet.

The Firelance sets things on fire. Which is great. And it does 120 damage with the Pyromaniac perk. The alien blaster does 100. If you don't have the perk, Firelance only does 80. But still sets things on fire.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Don't start using the Alien Weapons if you haven't sarted using them. The fact is the limited quantity of Alien Power Cells can and should only be used in dire situations, in this case going into an alien ship and facing down their machinery. So, save the ammo. Anyway, the Firelance is the unique variant, and sets thing on fire--like lenin said--and the alien blaster is the alien blaster. The pyromaniac perk, also with better criticals and other perks which could increase critical chance and other things, the thing can do oots of damage. Again, though, don't use it unless dire need--scarce ammo and the fact that the weapon(s) degrade so quickly is the main reason.

Yeah, I do see the consequences. But that information is good to know. And I really need to get Pyromaniac, which I'll get next level-up because of my increased Big Guns skill.

Currently in the middle of completing Broken Steel. I'm looking to get The Pitt next. Oh, and just realized that Fawkes doesn't have an unlimited carrying capacity. :(