An idea for Jagex to make more money.

Derpy

My idea is a list of improvements to both F2P and P2P.

Free to Play

Only train up to level 30 in skills

Only having access to Attack, Strength, Defence, Range, Mage, Prayer, Cooking, and Fishing

Only being able to go to Lumbridge, Al Kharid, Draynor, Varrock, Barbarian Village, and Edgeville[*]No Clan Chat and only 20 friends

Can only use QuickChat

Only allowed on Low Detail Safe Mode

No PvP Worlds

Pay to Play

Up to level 150 in all skills

Max 500 friends

Max 500 Clan Chat people

Max combat level 250

Can safe duel anywhere like in RSC

Cost $20/mo and $240/yr

So, that's my idea for Jagex to make more money!

Sorry to say this, as I have never ever said it before...but this is FAIL.

I don't know anyone who would pay $20 a month to play P2P, especially when there are other games you can play for cheaper.

Also, the items you have limited F2P to has been absolutely terrible and not thought out at all.

By your current "method," you could get P2P for a couple of months, and get over level 30 in all the "limited set of F2P skills" and then go back to F2P...

Go back and rethink your idea, it's terrible.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

No. Just no. Seriously, if they do do that this will happen.

Currently 0 people playing! Jagex goes bankrupt, a few hundred people lose jobs, all RS fan sites and forums become flooded with "Bring back RS" topics for a few weeks then they quietly either close down, are sold, or are redone for a different purpose. (Tip.it would probably just be LOTRO Tips, Zybez could be something else, and RuneHQ bye-bye)

It's fine the way it is. Membership already offers many benefits including tons more quests, items, minigames and many other things. They earn more than enough, as it is (they wouldn't exactly be living in the slums in this economy) and reducing the f2p levels is a horrible idea, sorry it really is, by doing that Jagex would lose even more players and LOSE millions - f2p'ers already work AT LEAST 10x harder than members for their levels as they don't have the benefits we do.

Maybe you could think of a different idea completely, like a minigame or skill and go into detail as to how it works, how it might encourage f2p'ers to get membership etc.

2vuhgcn.png

They would do this why? More money? More rants maybe. You saw how many people quit for trade updates. F2P'ers outnumber Members 9 to 1, how many would quit then?

You're just taking way too much away from f2p (which will ultimately repel people instead of attracting them so the Jagex will have a deficit) and some of the upgrades 2 p2p r kinda lame and go way over the certain amount now + 20 a month?

No ty

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

wow...

i am totally against giving f2p less things. But this? only giving them to level 30? and no mining or smithing?

p2p 20$/month? serious? I wouldnt even be a member if the cost was that high.

Im starting to think this is a joke thread :|

This thread is packed full of Epic Failure.

First of all, I think that anybody can see why capping a level at 30 in F2P is a bad idea. Also, since F2P is, in a sense, a trial for P2P, most people who joined would quit. New players, being ignorant, would assume that they could only talk in Quickchat, both F2P and P2P. Also, many players used F2P to 'get their legs', or in other words, get the levels they want before going into mems, capping the F2P limit at 30 would prevent that.

Finally $20 a month for members(20x12=$240 a year)!? One of the reasons why Jagex has so many members, is because of Runescape's reasonable price. In comparison, both WoW and XBL don't even charge that price.

Although, you do make a compelling point with the idea that only mems can speak freely;

Subscribe now and you'll not only receive hundreds of quests,monsters,weapons, and armour, but the ability to talk! That's right, now you too can engage in basic text based conversations with other players!

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

No.

It's estimated that Andrew and Paul Gower (Guys who made the game) were worth £113 Million in 2007. No doubt that figure is even higher now. Your ideas would only reduce the amount of people playing in both p2p and f2p. You haven't even bothered to explain how/why they would work. I suggest you keep your childish fantasies to yourself next time, they will earn you little or no credit here.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

No.

Really, no. Levels capped at 30? No free chat? No clan chat? No PvP? No full HD? The thing that makes F2P great is that while it is really a demo, it is still a full game of its own. Doing this would take away that.

Also, members, 250 cb? 150 max level in skills? How do you think Jagex will implement this? How does an increased combat level benefit anyone? I don't want people with 30 attack being 110 combat, and people with relatively low stats not having monsters auto attack.

Lastly, $20 a month, $240 a year? Wtf are you thinking? To make this easier for me, in GBP that would be £150.32. £150?! The reason people play RS is that it is cheap as chips (although chips are quite expensive nowadays :wall:), it's £32/£35 a year now, which is the average price of a typical Xbox/PS game. That's pretty good for a year. With £150, I could buy a top of the range phone or a brand new TV or a new camera, and not spend it on a stupid game.

Jagex have over 1,000,000 members. If everyone pays the old rate of £3.20 a month, that's £3.2m a year. Sure, you will have to pay tax, server costs, employees wages etc, but that is still a very tidy amount of money to make.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

this fails sry.

nobody would want to pay 20 bucks a month for runescape. just keep it as it is. 5 bucks is cheap and appealing. jagex makes lots of money because this game is browser based and its really not hard to make updates and stuff.

f2pers eventually decide on becoming p2p when they get bored and want more skills + features.

why fix something that isnt broke? keep it as it is!

Sorry did you say make improvements to F2P and P2P?

Oh right I see you haven't come up with the idea yet. Wake me up when you've found these improvements -.-

*snore*

Li Chef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

Sorry did you say make improvements to F2P and P2P?

Oh right I see you haven't come up with the idea yet. Wake me up when you've found these improvements -.-

*snore*

Li Chef

Precisely

i hardly consider these " improvemnts", ESPECIALLY for f2p

tbh if anything, that will put people off runescape.

why pay $20 for runescape a month

when for that price there are much cheaper and better mmorpgs for that price

runescape is not worth $20 a month

im sorry this is an AWFUL suggestion.

~Sibmaster

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Well, with the current (lowest) cost of P2P, they make $5,950,000 (US dollars) a year. With my idea, they make $20,000,000.

How did you exactly come up with that number? They can somehow manage to get 4 million members from 1.19 million members? I don't think so.

And for this brilliant suggestion I present to thee...

EPIC PHAILURE!!!!!!

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

No sales advisor would dare to come up with such idea. It's absolutely UNTHINKABLE.

Why to have F2P at all then? Limited time trial would attract only a few-several percent less people. Considering such limitations, you just have to make up your mind to play or not to play when having an extremely limited gameplay experience. Plus only low detail mode is available, and most new players tend to just compare what they can see here with what they can see in other games (not neccesarily MMOs) and... Choose another, because this marketing idea just plain SUCKS.

Sorry for the harsh words (replace last sentence with "Choose another, because this marketing idea is just a failure." if you feel offended/threatened/whatsoever).

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)